Romanian AKMS at Graf. on July, 1984.

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Romanian AKMS at Graf. on July, 1984.

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

When I was in the 3rd. Armored Division, 1983 to 1985. We were at the Training Area in Graffenwoher, what was then West Germany. Fired Russian Ammo Captured in Gernada. All of our Weapon's were Romanian. The Photo's are of me, the Weapon's and myself firing Full Auto. It was a great time. I was in HHC 1/32nd Armor Battalion, in Friedberg, Hessen, near Frankfurt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Re: Romanian AKMS at Graf. on July, 1984.

The other two.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Very cool :clap: :clap:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

What the hell, I never got to shoot cool stuff like that when I was at Graf or Hoenhell???
103rd MI 3rd ID Wurzburg.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Hobe Sound Falcon

We were on a German Army Range.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

It's always fun to shoot full auto, even more so when you don't have to pay for the ammo :biggrin:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Hobe Sound Falcon

So True. You will notice in Photo 2. I am trying to strike a cool Pose, and all the Clown's behind me coming back from Range Police were making faces at me. Did not know it till I got the Photo's back.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

4045481 wrote:So True. You will notice in Photo 2. I am trying to strike a cool Pose, and all the Clown's behind me coming back from Range Police were making faces at me. Did not know it till I got the Photo's back.
They were jealous
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Were you training with the enemys weapons, or was it just for fun? Can't figure Uncle would ship that crap all the way to Germany just to amuse you, at least I hope not, but then there were the $500 toilet seats and such that we heard about back then. Looks like you were having fun either way.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Hobe Sound Falcon

Both! Every Combat Battalion's Arms Room in the 3rd A.D. had some Romanian's. Most of ours were made in 1979. The Battalion Commander had laid on this Training. This was during the Annual Tank Gunnery in July, 1984. I was lucky being in the S-1 I was able to go out there. plus I was one of the few People in the Battalion who knew anything about AK's. Everyone that was not on the Tank Range, was out there Shooting. We got our Ammo from Grenada. Remember the Photo's of the Captured Russian Ammo in a Ware House. It had been supplied to them from Cuba. In the Standing Photo you cant see him, but the SFC in charge was looking over my crude reprint of a Russian Manual on the AK. He was trying to find out if they had a Speed Loader. We know now the Russian's didnot have one till the AK-74 came out.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I loved the policy of not being able to turn ammo back in once it was opened. Mad for some fun when we had 15,000 rounds of 60 ammo left over after qualification. :D
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

:vcool: