Charlotte gun show today- Bubba Finn for $400

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
wolfstein

Charlotte gun show today- Bubba Finn for $400

Post by wolfstein »

My wife and I went to the Charlotte N.C. Gun and Knife show today. Had to wait one hour and 40 minutes to get in while it was snowing. Wanted to get some ammo from a certain dealer that is cheaper than anyone else. While looking around I ran across a Finn that somebody had sanded down the stock an refinished it themselves with what looked like a glossy poly urethane coat. The dealer wanted $400 firm for it. He told me he had no doubt he would get that much for it. Way off the mark from being original.

It was so crowded there they maxed out on the number of people allowed in the buildings and had hundreds of people standing in line outside waiting to get in. Every fifteen minutes they would allow a few in for those that had left. It was realy crazy.
desdem12

Re: Charlotte gun show today- Bubba Finn for $400

Post by desdem12 »

Too bad about the finn :cry:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bb91

Post by bb91 »

wolfstein wrote: While looking around I ran across a Finn that somebody had sanded down the stock an refinished it themselves with what looked like a glossy poly urethane coat. The dealer wanted $400 firm for it. He told me he had no doubt he would get that much for it. Way off the mark from being original.
Late last year someone was selling an M27rv that was "refinished", I would have given $400 for it. :D

Could you elaborate a little on the "Finn" part? :?:
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Same thing a couple of weeks ago in Marlboro MA. LOOOOOOOOng line to get in,....... $12.00 at the door,....... jam packed with people sucking up anything "black & plastic". There were MilSup but the prices were out of sight. AMMO was too, except one seller who was offering "crates" of 7,62x54R for $199.99. Single :spam2: were $120.00. Everything got sold! Sign of the times.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

wolfstein wrote:My wife and I went to the Charlotte N.C. Gun and Knife show today. Had to wait one hour and 40 minutes to get in while it was snowing. Wanted to get some ammo from a certain dealer that is cheaper than anyone else. While looking around I ran across a Finn that somebody had sanded down the stock an refinished it themselves with what looked like a glossy poly urethane coat. The dealer wanted $400 firm for it. He told me he had no doubt he would get that much for it. Way off the mark from being original.

It was so crowded there they maxed out on the number of people allowed in the buildings and had hundreds of people standing in line outside waiting to get in. Every fifteen minutes they would allow a few in for those that had left. It was realy crazy.
:no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

bb91 wrote:
wolfstein wrote: While looking around I ran across a Finn that somebody had sanded down the stock an refinished it themselves with what looked like a glossy poly urethane coat. The dealer wanted $400 firm for it. He told me he had no doubt he would get that much for it. Way off the mark from being original.
Late last year someone was selling an M27rv that was "refinished", I would have given $400 for it. :D

Could you elaborate a little on the "Finn" part? :?:
Maybe I should have examined it more closely. When I saw the stock looked so artifical and not like a Finn, I really lost interest. I have two rare Finns and just could not justify in my mind paying that much for another that I felt did not have the value. Could be a mistake on my part because I am not the expert like you guys. I also saw a nice M44 for $300 that I liked but I didn't have the funds at the time.
Burgman50

Post by Burgman50 »

I was there also. Amazing. Tons of people, but no tv crews as I expected. I picked up a m44 to go along with 91/30 I already had. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to use image shack. Also saw a 91/30 labeled new England, but someone else grabbed it and bought it before I could pick it up. Was this a pre war gun made in USA ?
Big Mo (1942 91/30 Izhevsk )
Crazy Ivan (1944 M44 Izhevsk )
(1954.5 Type 53)
(1944 Tula 1895 Nagant)
(1953 Romanian TTC)
(1976 M59/66A1)
amm9130

Post by amm9130 »

Yea, New England Westinghouse and Remington are WWI contract rifles. Made around 1916 to around 1918 I think. I would really like to find a Remington sometime soon :Drool1:
1942 M91/30 Izhevsk
1946 M44 Izhevsk
1933 M91/30 Tula Hex
1943 M1895 Revolver Izhevsk
G30 Gen4
Yugo M48 Mauser
Yugo M59/66
Yugo M57 Tokarev
Burgman50

Post by Burgman50 »

Sold for $175.
Big Mo (1942 91/30 Izhevsk )
Crazy Ivan (1944 M44 Izhevsk )
(1954.5 Type 53)
(1944 Tula 1895 Nagant)
(1953 Romanian TTC)
(1976 M59/66A1)
NCMN

Post by NCMN »

Well I talked myself out of going at the last moment, glad I did now from your report. I do not want to put up with that kind of crowd or wait. I was thinking about going today, but I am going to have to pass this time. Thanks for the report.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Too bad, you see that shit a lot, never makes me happy.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Refinished and sanded Finn's are all over the place and for ridiculous prices for the most part too. If dealers only realized most Milsurp collectors want things as close to standard as possible. I still have a poly-up M27 out in the safe with a matching bayonet which I got at Fredrick for $250. I need to take that shiny stuff off there this sommer. Bill :?