Surplus 7.62x54r is still available and cheap

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
A J

Surplus 7.62x54r is still available and cheap

Post by A J »

I was checking out the Dunham's Sports catalog and was surprised to see that the corrosive surplus spam cans are still $100.00 for a 440 round spam can. I would have bet money that they'd be twice that by now. There must still be plenty of surplus stuff to go around.
WeldonHunter

Re: Surplus 7.62x54r is still available and cheap

Post by WeldonHunter »

A J wrote:I was checking out the Dunham's Sports catalog and was surprised to see that the corrosive surplus spam cans are still $100.00 for a 440 round spam can. I would have bet money that they'd be twice that by now. There must still be plenty of surplus stuff to go around.

Check this out. http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... =30&t=6629 It's self updating hourly and reflects what's on gun-deals charts. Here's the 7.62x54R chart http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x54R
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

Just picked up a crate (880 rounds) for $180. They had a couple of pallets of the stuff. Russian surplus.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

You can get it shipped to you for less than that. If you wait you'll see a dunhams ad for $90 but with tax you're around $95.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's around, only guys like us buying it unlike all the 5,56, and 9mm.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

That site is very informative. Thank you.

With shipping to my zip code, it appears the best deals out there are still very close to the local gun show deal of $199.00 per crate (880). Damn cold is keeping shooters away here, tomorrow when I hit the range it should be "about" 25F. Not bringing a M38 either, I want something less violent :big shock: , maybe a M91 Tikka, or a nice easy going 41 SAKO M39.....but NOT the M38 in this cold :chuckles: :chuckles:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

ofgg wrote:
bimmey wrote:Just picked up a crate (880 rounds) for $180. They had a couple of pallets of the stuff. Russian surplus.
Ditto. Got my spam cans a couple weeks ago.

And I ordered some of this too, non-corrosive, FMJ but no funky spam cans or crate (truthfully that's why I bought that commie stuff):

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=1107992

There is another thread about that stuff.

It's in here. http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x54R Cope's Distributing runs a real good deal on surplus a lot of the time and the $9.95 shipping makes it even better. That's $9.95 no matter how much you order. Also yesterday SGAmmo had some rusty tins of surplus for $74.95/440rds. Not the best price but he also has decent shipping prices. Keep an eye on the charts because I find stuff everyday and add it. I'm also partial to 7.62x54R so my radar is always up looking for it at decent prices.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

ofgg wrote:I use gun-deals on a regular basis. It's where I found the spam I got from SGAmmo :). I appreciate all the effort you put into that.

One thing about sportsmanguide.com is they have online coupons available. They show up on various websites.

Yeah I know I just used one about a month ago when I bought a Tipton cleaning rod. I got free shipping. My buddy had given me the $20 gift card he got when he signed up for their membership and it was about to expire so he gave it to me. We have a coupon codes section. http://gun-deals.com/coupons The problem is I can only do so much and I'm really tied up looking for ammo, rifles and magazines most of the time right now so it gets neglected. Anyone can add coupon codes there though so if you know one you can add it. Glad you like the site. We're doing tweaks and adjustments to make it better all the time.