Applying for a C & R

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Applying for a C & R

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Because the copys you mail out must be hand signed in ink, not a copy of a signature as it would be if you sign the original and then run off copys. Some places will accept a fax of the FFL, many will not.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Because the copys you mail out must be hand signed in ink, not a copy of a signature as it would be if you sign the original and then run off copys. Some places will accept a fax of the FFL, many will not.
Ok that makes sense to me :thumbsup: . Thanks for the info.
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Don't forget new FFL holders, do not sign your original copy of the FFL, you make copys and sign them instead.
Yeah! Thanks for the reminder! It would be just like me to get in a hurry and forget that. Im fighting the urge to cross MY boss and order an M44! She knows I have the license! She is the one who picked up the mail! She told me last night, "No more guns this year!" I'm thinking allrrriigghhtt! one more week! No problem baby! (I'll order it now and it won't get here until after the first! Ha! Ha!) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Buy a blue pen too. Many places want it signed in blue. They say if it's in black they can't tell if it is a copy.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

husker51 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Don't forget new FFL holders, do not sign your original copy of the FFL, you make copys and sign them instead.
Yeah! Thanks for the reminder! It would be just like me to get in a hurry and forget that. Im fighting the urge to cross MY boss and order an M44! She knows I have the license! She is the one who picked up the mail! She told me last night, "No more guns this year!" I'm thinking allrrriigghhtt! one more week! No problem baby! (I'll order it now and it won't get here until after the first! Ha! Ha!) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Well if the gun arrives after the first of the year then you haven't violated the "No more guns this year!" edict. I was waiting until after christmas to grab a hex, and they sold out after the craziness this week. Don't live with regret, buy while there are some available :thumbsup:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

redeuce wrote:Buy a blue pen too. Many places want it signed in blue. They say if it's in black they can't tell if it is a copy.
I've had a few request red ink, so I just do all of mine in red now.

I've even take a copy or two on vacation, you never know what you will see or find far from home. Thats how I ended up with two of my Yugo Mauser's. :thumbsup: There is a copy in my glovebox also :lol:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Greasemonkey wrote:
redeuce wrote:Buy a blue pen too. Many places want it signed in blue. They say if it's in black they can't tell if it is a copy.
I've had a few request red ink, so I just do all of mine in red now.

I've even take a copy or two on vacation, you never know what you will see or find far from home. Thats how I ended up with two of my Yugo Mauser's. :thumbsup: There is a copy in my glovebox also :lol:
Any vacation that involves a gun purchase is a good one. I never thought of that, but it's on my planning list for our next family vacation. :thumbsup:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

A week and a half off, Disney World and a two Yugo Mauser's, don't know who was happier me or the kids :chuckles:
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

I always have them close at hand......................Don't forget many dealers take emailed copies, saves time and gets you on file with them. J&G still insists that you mail it in.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Greasemonkey wrote:A week and a half off, Disney World and a two Yugo Mauser's, don't know who was happier me or the kids :chuckles:
:chuckles: :chuckles: :2cents: :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Greasemonkey wrote:A week and a half off, Disney World and a two Yugo Mauser's, don't know who was happier me or the kids :chuckles:
Pics.....of the rifles :)?
Theodore Roosevelt
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

You will be enjoying those rifles long after your kids have stopped enjoying Disneyworld :thumbsup:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Pics.....of the rifles :)?
Ok, JYD, I know you like Mauser's, so two vacation Mauser's, an M48A and a M24/47 , M48 was fully equipped with bayonet and accessories. Micky, who needs him, but Goofy, he's cool :thumbsup: Reminds me of.....me :chuckles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Very nice! That is my kind of vacation :thumbsup:
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

Just received C & R today !! took only 20 days total for it to come in ! put it in the mailbox on Dec. 18th and received today ! now the fun begins !
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

jayrocka1200 wrote:Just received C & R today !! took only 20 days total for it to come in ! put it in the mailbox on Dec. 18th and received today ! now the fun begins !
Awesome! :thumbsup: Now you're really in trouble (or at least your bank account is) :lol:
tjcass86

Post by tjcass86 »

Gentlemen,

Recieved C&R in the mail today, was mailed in on the 12th. 24 days and considering they were out for the holidays, not too bad! Watch now how a hobby becomes an addicition! LOL!
tjcass86
Navarre Beach, Florida

1942 Izhevsk 91/30

"“Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains!” Marx
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Congrats and have fun. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)