Gun Store Pickup Finnish M39 1942 B (Range Trip Vids & Pics)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
rollndice83

Re: Gun Store Pickup Finnish M39 1942 B (Range Trip Vids & P

Post by rollndice83 »

bunkysdad wrote:You are sure welcome, I picked these up when I went into Cabelas for the first time, and they were 10.00 for the pair. Sometimes a picture just helps.
Those are cool I need to get them. Thanks for compliments on my rifles I feel honored to own them and preserve them. To think all the places they been and hands that have held them and in some cases that rifle was the only tool they had to protect their lives
As for videos they are great way to watch yourself. And you are 100 percent right I should have been wearing my shooting glasses. They are always in my shooting bagand I seem to never wear them I need to. And that trigger pull that I have been doing was the first thing I noticed watching the video. I think from not being use to the Russian 91/30 long hard trigger pull that was my answer or reaction and its not good lol. I will try your tips you have me take up the slack and continue to pull slowly until the firing pin drops. Thanks I'm going to range tomorrow on my day off. You know what that means... :bwink: :vcool:
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

desertgunner wrote:Hey, Bunky, tnx for mentioning AND picturing the snap caps. I now can have my grandson dry-fire a 9130 for pre-shooting training. He is a little concerned about the recoil.....so now I will be able to have him go through the whole motion .......
Hey I have seen the snap caps on eBay and I think liberty tree has the Finnish dummy or practice rounds I really need to get some. But let me make a really good suggestion to you for your grandson as I have found the perfect solution for my 7 year old and the recoil issue. Here is a picture of a Czech military surplus low recoil 7.62x54r hollow core training round. They are only 46 grain but still move over 2800fps and have a loud bang but the recoil is way reduced I will do a video on them tomorrow at the range to show the difference. The recoil is equivalent to a .22 magnum and my son just loves shooting my MNs with this cartridge. This ammo is drying up and will be next to impossible to get so I stocked up on it. It's about $29 for 108 rounds and I know of one retailer online who has it.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

If anybody's interested in the low/no recoil ammo there's a few deals for it listed here. http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition/762x54r It's ok to put a link to something on here so users can find something you think they might be interested in. They just don't want the people/vendors selling it and listing their own products. This is to stop the forum from being spammed with threads selling stuff.
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

WeldonHunter wrote:If anybody's interested in the low/no recoil ammo there's a few deals for it listed here. http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition/762x54r It's ok to put a link to something on here so users can find something you think they might be interested in. They just don't want the people/vendors selling it and listing their own products. This is to stop the forum from being spammed with threads selling stuff.
That's it SGAmmo! I buy all my ammo exclusively from them great people. And they have option for UPS to leave package on doorstep or location of your choice. It is not no recoil but it is much reduced recoil to the standard S&B or surplus 7.62x54r cartridges. It is great ammo though I purchased about 500 rounds of it for my 7 year old so he can shoot my MNs.
Him and I only get to the range together a few times a year and he may only use about 20 rounds so I stocked up on it for next couple years until he's old enough to handle the recoil of standard cartridge. I spoke with the owner at SGAMMO and he said he had about a month supply left of the Czech low recoil and once it was gone it would be gone for good so you should get it now while you still can in my YouTube video I just posted (well the one Weldonhunter posted for me LOL) at about the 7:05 minute mark of the video youll see me go out of camera view and walk back with a green box that's the low recoil ammo so you can watch that and see the difference.
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

Hey guys by accident I uploaded videos to my wrong YouTube account. I just re uploaded them to the right account which is rollndice83 not brettconv83. If you subscribed to brettconv83 then you can subscribe to rollndice83 for future videos. Thanks below are the new links.

range session with M39 and M91

Up close look at M39 ane M91 at the range

I'm currently working on more video right now. :vcool: