How old are we.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

Re: How old are we.

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
target

Post by target »

I was around for the fall of the VHS, the rise of the CD, and now the fall of the CD. :chuckles:

Eh I was born in 1989. :thumbsup:
Cajun

How old are we.

Post by Cajun »

1984 ;)
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

'46.......that 1946!!! Our first telephone number was 107. You picked up the receiver and waited for the noisy operator in twon to pick up, my best friend was 49. Those were the days! The town supplied its own telephone, electric, water. Fire was 80% vols. There were ( I think) 5 police officers and no one locked their doors. Today I live in a city (close to the ocean and woods----but still a city), keep a loaded gun and a PitBull mix in my locked and gated yard. Believe me back then was better. I'll be 66 in two weeks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
jco69

Post by jco69 »

42, i'll be 43 in August.i was born in 1969 :thumbsup:
new Mosin Owner :-)
Philf

How old are we.

Post by Philf »

Last time I looked at the calendar I was 61 and wonder where all the years went.
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

65 this coming December but I swear I was 21 just a couple years ago.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Philf wrote:Last time I looked at the calendar I was 61 and wonder where all the years went.
I find the years keep picking up speed. Live it while you can....

Welcome to the forum Philf! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:

nice Standard JD... Is that an R or a D in the picture of you avatar??? Maybe an 80 or 820?? :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Philf

How old are we.

Post by Philf »

Romgoman
That is a 1955 JD 70 diesel that I had brought in from Canada about 10 years ago. It has a 4 cylinder gas engine called a pony to start it. The tractor has 6 volt system for the lights and the pony starter. It is a cool tractor to drive.

Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice ! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Philf wrote:Romgoman
That is a 1955 JD 70 diesel that I had brought in from Canada about 10 years ago. It has a 4 cylinder gas engine called a pony to start it. The tractor has 6 volt system for the lights and the pony starter. It is a cool tractor to drive.

Phil
That's a looker!!!! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:

Yup... A buddy of mine had an R years ago. Those Pony Motors are loud as hell!!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

24, you are all OLD! lol
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

Last year of the draft.
First car I bought was a 59 beetle
was good with a slide rule
Remember buying Pabst blue ribbon with a slightly altered ID for 99cents a sixpack
To truly appreciate these computers, I think you should have learned to type on a manual typewriter, and actually make copies with carbon paper
However, 80% of my guns are older than me!
We have met the enemy and he is us.
BlakeM44

Post by BlakeM44 »

I'm sixteen. I hope by the time I'm in my seventies(If I'm lucky!) I can still own guns!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
~Thomas Jefferson
MessEleven

Post by MessEleven »

First computer I ever used in prep school had a card reader and a big red button in the middle of the console that activated a fire extinguisher. Room had to be virtually refrigerated. IBM donated it to the school.

First "portable" was an Atari that my company (an advertising agency) bought to show clients we were on the cutting edge of technology. CEO had a finish carpenter build a wooden case with handles so we could schlep it around. The primary drive? A cassette tape.

That's how old. 8-)

I hope that when I die, people say about me, 'Boy, that guy sure owed me a lot of money.'
- Jack Handey
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

polymerase2 wrote:Last year of the draft.
Remember buying Pabst blue ribbon with a slightly altered ID for 99cents a sixpack
To truly appreciate these computers, I think you should have learned to type on a manual typewriter, and actually make copies with carbon paper
I do use a manual typewriter, and have made copy's of things using carbon paper within the last few months :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

polymerase2 wrote:Last year of the draft.
It sounds like we are about the same age. 8 track tapes? Gasoline for 19.9/gallon. That beetle was a six volt I believe, you never had anyone flash their lights for you to dim them. Do you remember that Moses kid that was a couple of grades ahead? Was your altered ID a draft card? Those were easy. fDriver's licenses had no photos.... Color TV was what the rich kids had. Alice and Jerry. Watching cartoons on Saturday morning and seeing a commercial for what to do in case of an atomic attack.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

The IH 1086 was the work horse, and then Case bought them out. But we baled with an old Farmall H.
Only 4 channels on the TV and when you made one click on the remote it went chunk chunck onto the next channel. Disney movies almost every Sunday night. That was if dad let you use the TV. Deer running all over the back yard till they built a golf course there. No more deer.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

I'm not as old as desdem12,i'm not as gray as SA1911a1,and i have a newer car then JYD :no evil:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

My first "real" stereo was a Pioneer Supertuner FM only with 8 track tape player- it was a underdash! I remember my first tape I bought for it: Fleetwood Mac Rumors. It went in my first car, 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 with the 352 4 bbl