Spam can pricing

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Re: Spam can pricing

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:You can bet your ass I noticed the smaller packaging, and the higher prices, the little @#%!$@^ &^#@!#*@#*$@ #@$! UP THE #$$ miserable #@$!^%#'n #@$!'s !!!!!

JYD,
It is not that the carton size is actually smaller just the compaines changed the amounts inside the package.

Pepridge Farms Goldfish Crackers went from 33oz to 30 oz and did not change anything except the listing on the carton that says net weight.So now for every 10 boxes they package they save 30 oz of material enough to make 1 whole other box.And you cannot imagine the amount of cartons I run in a 12 hour shift a roll is 46 inches wide x 3 complete cartons every 22 inches and 11,000 feet on a roll running at 650 feet per minute Me and my crew of 3 more people run about 500,000 feet in 12 hours figure on those numbers a little while as far as saving money by removing 3 onces per carton?!?!?!?

Cascade dishwash powder did thesame thing they went from 85oz carton to 75oz carton and the only thing changed was the net weight on the carton.

You can see it everywhere if you look around when you are shopping.
mahduk45044

Post by mahduk45044 »

Tennessee_Mosin wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:You can bet your ass I noticed the smaller packaging, and the higher prices, the little @#%!$@^ &^#@!#*@#*$@ #@$! UP THE #$$ miserable #@$!^%#'n #@$!'s !!!!!

JYD,
It is not that the carton size is actually smaller just the compaines changed the amounts inside the package.

Pepridge Farms Goldfish Crackers went from 33oz to 30 oz and did not change anything except the listing on the carton that says net weight.So now for every 10 boxes they package they save 30 oz of material enough to make 1 whole other box.And you cannot imagine the amount of cartons I run in a 12 hour shift a roll is 46 inches wide x 3 complete cartons every 22 inches and 11,000 feet on a roll running at 650 feet per minute Me and my crew of 3 more people run about 500,000 feet in 12 hours figure on those numbers a little while as far as saving money by removing 3 onces per carton?!?!?!?

Cascade dishwash powder did thesame thing they went from 85oz carton to 75oz carton and the only thing changed was the net weight on the carton.

Oddly enough, I work in a converting plant, so I have some inkling of what you're talking about. I've never seen a corrugator work but I do see what you mean regarding changes in packaging. Liner board prices go up as do operating costs. You as a company are expected to take the increases but don't dare try to pass them along. The profit margins are so slim in packaging as it is. There is probably a similar thing going on with ammo. It's just that we own a lot of .22's so access to ammo is important to us. I hate the fact that I have to curtail my recreational shooting only because I don't know when I'll be able to get replacement ammo. I've always bought my .22's in 500+ count packages. The thought of maybe being able to get 50 at a time seems frigging ludicrous!
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you...
mahduk45044

Post by mahduk45044 »

I did see that Southern Ohio Gun still has Mosin ammo. They're pricing it by the bundle at $4.59 per 20-pack or $4.00 per 20-pack if you order 22 (spam can). FYI.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tennessee_Mosin wrote:

JYD,

It's the tunafish can's I was thinking about, went from 7oz, to 5oz and I failed to notice right away. They had a big sale, .99 a can and I grabbed 30 cans, got home and stacked them with the ones I already had and right away noticed something was off with the size. Rat f***'s never said a word about the size change, but they fronted the entire shelf with the new size cans so I wouldn't notice anything
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mahduk45044 wrote:I did see that Southern Ohio Gun still has Mosin ammo. They're pricing it by the bundle at $4.59 per 20-pack or $4.00 per 20-pack if you order 22 (spam can). FYI.
I found a brick in the shed a couple of weeks back, and it was like finding gold, I don't have to hit my strategic supply just yet :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Something is indeed up with the Manufacturers :angry4: ......... A couple of days AFTER the Newtown shooting, Dick's had Winchester Black (M22 1250fps, 40 grn) in the neat plastic Winchester ammo boxes. Each held 2000 rounds.

Here, (SE Massachusetts) they were selling for $ 99.99 plus 6.25% tax. So that's roughly $106.00 bucks each box. I bought 6 boxes (12,000 rounds) VERY GLAD I DID..... :thumbsup: My wife thought I had lost my mind BUT....as I don't trust "our" leadership (to put it mildly :shifty: :brolleyes: :bwink: ) I decided to lay in a supply.

This week, JUST the EMPTY plastic ammo boxes are on sale for $ 14.95. W T F ?????

No ammo, but now they are selling the GD box it came in :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: .
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
cobber2

Post by cobber2 »

FWIW AIM Surplus has 'em back in stock and no price increase. If .303 is anything to go by, though, it will eventually run out. :b sad:
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Honestly guys, in regards to 7.62X54R ammo RGUNS is only $30 more per crate (not single spam can) than they were 2 years ago. At $175 a crate I think that is resonable.
http://www.rguns.net/ammo.shtml
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

:2cents: That (to me) is a hell of a good price. Glad to see "someone" being honest with the buyers. If I didn't have a couple of rounds here and needed some, I would buy from these guys. Great post. :pointup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Ram48

Post by Ram48 »

Is Chinese ammo any good?
I found some on craigs list not far from me but the price is $100 a can?
God, Guns and Guts made America free, Lets Keep all Three.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

$100 is a good price for any can these days and I think the Chinese :spam2: cans are pretty cool :thumbsup: :vcool:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

Couple of months ago I paid 199.99 for a spam 440. Bought it in Savannah, Ga. Its had to find in my area...
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

OUCH!! :shock: Try ordering it instead. I have the same problem but ordered some before it went crazy and was cheaper then local by a bunch. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)