Forums back up!...then down...then up!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Izhevsk762

Re: Forums back up!

Post by Izhevsk762 »

MN Fan wrote:Most of the time, I kept getting a generic "unavailable" page with a few ads. Once though, I got a blank page that simply said "This works!". lol, I assumed they were working on it and had found a fix.
I got those yesterday too, and I got the "unavailable" page a couple of times today a few hours ago. Seems to be running ok at the moment though.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
WeldonHunter

Re: Forums back up!...then down...then up!

Post by WeldonHunter »

dolk wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:Seriously though Dolk do you think this may be an attempt by the webhosts to try to get you to upgrade or something. I mean to blame this on traffic. It's a forum webpage and though the sites been growing recently I've seen sites that have thousands of people on at a time. Even gun-deals.com has an average of between 125 to 200+ users online at all times with no issues.
Well, I would bet with 125 to 200+ on at a time they are on a dedicated server. :wink: Just serving pages is not the problem, accessing the database with posts and PMs and emails and so on is the problem.

Here is how I put it to them. The most that has been on the forums is 86? on Dec 10, and we had no problems. We put 30 to 50 on now and it goes haywire? I don't think so.

I told them to get it fixed or I'll move all three of my accounts. They just came back with they think they may have found it. Someone put a throttle on the forums , so they removed it.

We'll see (again)

Dolk

Yeah on gun-deals it's just people accessing pages constantly with very little new input. Something like 32,000+ (unique) not sure about this description, visits a day. Can't imagine what it'd be like with more input. I know a forum like Arfcom has between 2 and 3 thousand users online at any given time.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Grrrr...it dumped me again. I had to come back in through the front page this time instead of simply refreshing the screen I was on.

Dolk, have you told them that there is well over 300 members that are fully armed and have an insane amount of ammo on hand? Make sure you use the word "insane" when you talk to them. :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Ya'know, Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over and expecting a different result. :ugeek: :ugeek:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Seems to be running fine at the moment. I've missed out the past few days due to working through Christmas & entertaining a houseful of family & friends the past few days. Every time I gravitated to the computer the Ball & Chain yanked me away & found something for me to do. :shock: :rolling:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Seems they may have found the problem now.

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nope, not yet, I had problems getting on from the home PC last night, thought it was just the outdated browser it's using, but for the last five minutes I was shown this message when tyring to get on from the shop

Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com
Suggestions:
•Try reloading the page
•Search on Google:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

For the most part, browsing the forum seems to work well. But, if I try to post or send a PM, two times out of three, I will get the page JYD just posted. I started copying my text before hitting Submit. Also, when this happens, refreshing the page never connects. I have to go back in through the main home page.

It may partially be on on my end. I am going to clear the cache and see if it gets better. Maybe there's a broken cookie hiding in there somewhere.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I've gotten in the habit of copying my post, too. Usually hurriedly, after I hit submit and the green bar only moves up one notch and just sits there. It's usually times like that I am taken to that oops page.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I have sent over 6 PM and 6emails this morning with no problems at all.

The forums are running as normal.

Don't have much of an answer for it unless you have got some bad pages stuck in your cashe in your browser.

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Just sent 8 more with no errors.

I will try the forums now.

Dolk
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I cleared my cache and 3 or 4 posts and one PM went through no problem. I may have had an oddball cookie stuck on the hard-drive (now how is that for technical jargon!). If any of the "regulars" are still experiencing problems, you may want to clear your cache too.

I think you did it dolk! If I notice anything today, I'll post it here or send an email.

Thank you!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

She be flying along this morning! :clap:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So far there have been no more problems since earlier.
Theodore Roosevelt
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Two hours, several posts and a couple of PMs with no issue at all.

Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Moving along just fine for me....

I have the day off; So does the Wife, I may be MIA very soon when she realizes I'm wasting my time (Her opinion). I'm sure I'll get put to work soon. :no: :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Rongoman wrote:Moving along just fine for me....

I have the day off; So does the Wife, I may be MIA very soon when she realizes I'm wasting my time (Her opinion). I'm sure I'll get put to work soon. :no: :roll:
Hmmmm! Western WI, Eastern Iowa ,must have something to do with women's attitudes around here! :lol:
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:
Rongoman wrote:Moving along just fine for me....

Hmmmm! Western WI, Eastern Iowa ,must have something to do with women's attitudes around here! :lol:
Figures.... Right after my last post she was cleaning the bathtub & broke the faucet in the open position. :big shock:
She had a load of laundry just started downstairs & I just started the dishwasher & they are both tied into the same main shutoff valve! Had to wait for them to finish... All the while watching the tub run & run & run water down the drain. It was a Moen one piece; broke clean off so I couldn't use the pull off tool. Had to drill out the valve, reach in through the holes, grab the brass & pull. Got out the main body & had to chisel the plastic, gaskets & outer body. Got the new one in finally. :no:

What a day, I hate plumbing!!!!

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sounds like a fun way to spend the day :no:
Theodore Roosevelt