About to enter the world of reloading :)

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
ponycarman

Re: About to enter the world of reloading :)

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks for the tip! Might have to do that. Might slap on a small pipe clamp. It was pretty tight but I can see where it could loosen up after being removed a few times.
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

A small pipe clamp might work better....I just had some plastic ties around the house so I used those.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ponycarman wrote:I'm all for reusing :D. Can't get any better that pulling it out of the trash :lol:
I made my bench out of scrap 4x4's and 2x6's I found in the trash :) It weighs about 400 pounds so no worries no matter how big a press I put on it. Here it is without anything clamped to it.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Sweet! This wasn't the only thing pulled from that dumpster haha. I pulled some 2x4's and some plywood with the intension of using them to make some shelves in my gun/supply closet. Its amazing what people will throw away.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lumber is expensive, my neighbors tenant across the street is a foundation guy, they make forms for the cement every day and toss the leftovers into a pile and fire them up to be rid of them. Last week the unattended trash fire caught a pile of pallets, and then burned up a fairly new International rack body truck. Was going pretty good by the time two fire company's came to put it out, seems it found a drum of flammable liquid . We had the entire world over there for a bit, asshole got a pile of summonses from the fire marshal and the DEP. I did once ask about taking the scraps off his hands, either for the wood stove or to build stuff with them and was brushed off, the guy is a bit of a prick.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Lumber is pretty expensive. Thats why I grabbed what I did. I didn't need alot to do what I want. I have to wait to build it all until I get the tools lol or borrow them :D. Buying a house has made me realizethat there are lot of tools I need. To work on the house and the yard lol. I've been having to collect them slowly. Bought a nice weedeater the other day from home depot and I think we have enough parts between three push mowers to make one to work :lol:. I guess I'm cheap lol.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I never bought a riding mower in my life and I own four large ones, I build them from parts, or people just give me perfectly good ones.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Haha I wish these were riding mowers. These are all push mowers. I would have one already together but the crankshaft bolt hole is messed up and its being tough to tap the hole back to normal.
Celt

Post by Celt »

Congrats fellow homeowner!
Welcome aboard, it's all worth it. ;mywink;
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks, the purchase was a pain but so far I'm really liking coming home to my own place at night :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ponycarman wrote:Haha I wish these were riding mowers. These are all push mowers. I would have one already together but the crankshaft bolt hole is messed up and its being tough to tap the hole back to normal.
I love driving the mowers around :lol:
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

It would be nice to have one but that isn't an option for us right now. Maybe someday haha.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

ponycarman wrote:I'm not sure if I have any 38 special brass. I think I only have 38+p and 357 but I'll have to dig out what I kept. I used to just pitch the brass but I started getting into the habit of putting the empty brass back in the boxes after shooting. At least on revolvers and manual action stuff. My 9mm's and my other semi auto stuff is tough to chase the brass but with the rise in cost and shortages it may be worth the extra time to hunt for the spent casings. Could always try what others do, sift through the brass at the range. Either on the ground or in the trash. I've seen a few people do that.
If you can, I have found that putting a plastic tarp down in the area where the empty brass lands when shooting a semi-auto will help with the clean up and make recovering your brass a lot faster and easier

You got a good price on all your stuff in that kit.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ponycarman wrote:It would be nice to have one but that isn't an option for us right now. Maybe someday haha.
Keep eyeballin the trash heaps, you will find one.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Someday :). I don't mind the push mower though. Good exercise :D. The yard isn't too big either with about 1/3 of it with woods still on it.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Somebody dumped off a pretty new self propelled mover, special job for cutting tight corners, engine shot, I have six engines in the shed. People waste.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

That they do. I've been pulling crap out of those woods behind our house. Dog toys galore {the puppy liked that haha), Planters, some thick cauldrion looking planter I've been thinking of making a forge out of haha, tons of random stuff. I pulled a rusty holly hobby stove out the day after we moved lol. Just the other day I found a tall round plastic trash can. It will be a nice trash can for my reloading stuff :D.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just as long as you don't find a former owner back there you should be fine :)
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Nope not yet :D. That would sure cause a camotion
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just bury it and pretend it never happened, you never saw it. :)