New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
majomsp

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by majomsp »

Hi, there is a lot of interesting reading and I hope to learn more about the history of my Mosin.
ScotH1

Post by ScotH1 »

Hi Folk's, Scott here & new to the Mosin world. I just recently came by this ole guy. From what I have read it looks to be Early WWII ( By the sling slots), 1944, Russian Izhevsk M91/30 by the marking. I am not sure what the recent stamps are for? All parts of the gun seem to have matching Ser.#'s. These are the only pic's I could upload, the other were to large. I will try to grab some more if need be.
Did I get a decent find? Or is it just a nice little keep sake?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Looks good to me, welcome to the madness.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Mason

Post by Mason »

Hello all! I shot a carbine variant in my youth. Recently acquired a nice (in my opinion) Mosin from a friend and was elated to find this forum. I took many pictures and will post for your enjoyment when I find the appropriate thread. Please forgive my big words. :D
alfakilo

Post by alfakilo »

Been away from C&R for awhile, mostly with black powder pistols and CCW. With stuff hard to get, I've decided to take out my old rifles and hit the range.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

alfakilo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:22 pm Been away from C&R for awhile, mostly with black powder pistols and CCW. With stuff hard to get, I've decided to take out my old rifles and hit the range.
Welcome back to C&R!!!
Glade to see you here!

Darryl

PS: we talk black powder here also!! :chuckles:
Alpino

Post by Alpino »

Alpino wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:54 pm Hello from Montana
Do love the Mosin-Nagants! but really, all old military firearms. Collect US & Finn. A bit fruit for flare guns these days - ones used by the Finns
My first rifle purchased at 16 1972 was an Finnish M39 - shot a lot of mule deer and elk with it
regret more selling it, as I now think it came out of the Vietnam War.
bottom line - a pissed off old paratrooper
with the best wife on earth & three fine sons
and two good dogs and about 50x racing pigeons
Second part of my post..... three years later
sorry for honking only about my Finn Mosin-Nagants!
I do shoot & collect the Russian/Soviets! WW1 & WW2
Indeed my primary in scoped competition [a lot of this in MT, Covid be damned - esp with a 20mph wind ]
is a 1944 Ishevsk M91/30 with a PE scope - pretty sure it is all original, arsenal refiinished, maybe post-war scope, but Russian
main point, it puts rounds down range... I've never won the trophy plaque, but various & sundry prizes, mostly powder
Newest Russian Mosin-Nagant news [for me] ...I have a Korean War M38 US Army 187th ABN INF scout jeep
[1st jump was MBs, 2nd M38s if you know what airdrops does to vehicles] For car shows it has a basic load & weapons
I am going to put one trophy on board... debating .... a captured 1945 Ishevsk M44 oe 1944 Ishevsk M38... any comments on this?
so a couple pics of me & my M91/30 - shooting steel sihouettes
four dogs now

rocker 500m 1000m.jpg
rocker 2015.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alpino on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

that is an excellent range.....the rifle looks well cared for.....
wmarsh422

Post by wmarsh422 »

MN's are assuredly addicting!
Ole Bob

Great to be Here

Post by Ole Bob »

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have always had a great interest in the Mosin Nagant rifles.
I guess the history is what interests me most. The fact that they are still in use throughout the world is amazing.
Again Hello to All
Ole Bob
CDickey115

Looking for some advice!

Post by CDickey115 »

New guy here! I have an M28 Tikka & SY marked MN produced somewhere btwn 1930-32 that has the "Swing Hangers" for attaching the sling. It looks as if the max width of the sling is one inch whereas most offered seem to be 1 1/2 inches wide. I was able to acquire the correct Civil Guard (a "Hackman") bayonet and really would like to do the same with the sling. If any of you pros out there now what I should be shopping for I'd appreciate your advice. I was able to find the Civil Guard "Hackman" bayonet and scabbard but still need the "frog". Forgive me if this is not the proper type of posting for this forum but from reading your post, y'all know A LOT about the details of MN's! Thanks
nagant_shooter

Post by nagant_shooter »

Much already reads years here and could learn much.
First contribution of me. Live in Germany.
I write with translator.
I am 45 years, a sports Sagittarian and re-loaders and properties 4 Mosin Nagant.
2 x M39, SKY+Sako
1 x M44 Radom
1 x M 28/30 SKY

Best regards
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

translation is working well.....welcome.....this bunch loves pictures,,,so if you have any to upload, please post them...Tom
BattleRifleRed

Post by BattleRifleRed »

1942 Izhevsk owner since 2012 when the rifles were selling for $90. It's an interesting thing to own an old Russian rifle that may well have seen action against NAZI Germany during WW-II. I've put around 400 rounds of mil surp through it so far, most in the past year. Have maybe 740 rounds left.

I'm looking to improve accuracy. Will post my questions and thoughts on that to a separate thread.
nagant_shooter

Post by nagant_shooter »

I gott also so.
I have a try.
nagant_shooter

Post by nagant_shooter »

1618560953137-701920460.jpg
nagant_shooter

Post by nagant_shooter »

1618561180598-748830288.jpg
catcher

Post by catcher »

Hello, There is so much to learn about mosins. I am especially interested in Finnish 28-76 and 'sneak' 39 rifles. This is a very interesting forum.
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

to nagant shooter.....good looking rifle...............do you have a shooting range convenient for you ? better yet, do you have ammo ??? the members here appreciate a set of photos of the complete rifle---left, right, top, bottom, up close of all the markings.....pics came through nicely........Tom
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

alfakilo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:22 pm Been away from C&R for awhile, mostly with black powder pistols and CCW. With stuff hard to get, I've decided to take out my old rifles and hit the range.
C&R is still a good option! I'm not sure about your area but here you can still pick up the 7.62x54R spam cans for about $180.