New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Hauptmann

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Hauptmann »

Hi. I'm Dan. Been collecting Mosins for years. My first was before the web and tons of info. Thought it was just a Soviet rifle. Turned out to be a Finnish Tikka. Have added several more over time including the carbines. Also have a Nagant revolver. Always looking to learn more so deeply appreciate your allowing me to join your group. Many thanks!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

bobonl wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:06 pm Hello, everyone.

I have been the owner of my Mosin Nagant for 2 years now, and don't plan on stopping my collection anytime soon :wink:
Collect some Finns if you can, no more imports of them ever.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
bobonl

Post by bobonl »

Will do!
Eric_A

Post by Eric_A »

Howdy! Back from a long vacation. Formerly Fred_G.
No matter how worthy the cause, it is robbery, theft, and injustice to confiscate the property of one person and give it to another to whom it does not belong.
Walter E. Williams
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Eric_A wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:20 pm Howdy! Back from a long vacation. Formerly Fred_G.
Welcome back .
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
michiganron

Post by michiganron »

Hello, my name is Ron. completely new to the Mosin. i have an Enfield that i bought about 50 years ago. and other shotguns that ive accumulated over the years. i find this site to be an excellent source of hard to find imfo. thanks
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

michiganron wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:20 pm Hello, my name is Ron. completely new to the Mosin. i have an Enfield that i bought about 50 years ago. and other shotguns that ive accumulated over the years. i find this site to be an excellent source of hard to find imfo. thanks
Show us your new Mosin.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Mosin1934+TP

Post by Mosin1934+TP »

HI! I am a new Mosin owner. Received my 1934 Izhevsk Mosin last week. After cleaning off the cosmoline, I took to the local indoor rifle range.

I didn't know what to expect pulling the trigger for the first time. After all, I had no idea what this particular Mosin had been doing since 1934!! She fired perfectly. The recoil was not as bad as I expected. I was hoping to be able to fire it with the bayonet attached; however, the range officer said no.

I first fired at 25 yards, where I put seven rounds on the X. The first three rounds I was not focusing on the target as I was firing it for the first time. I then moved the target to 50 yards, where I had problems finding the front sight.

The only issues I had were the brass ejector and the dimly lit range. From what I have read, I may need to tweak the spring just a bit. And, this was a dark range. I was shooting at a black target in dim light and not pick up my front sight at 50 yards. The results showed that. .

I saved my brass as I hope to get into reloading.

Anyway, I love my Mosin!!
Dave Day

Post by Dave Day »

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Well Dave, if you are trying to make us other members jealous you succeeded. Now go to the main Mosin forum and post its history with you and more pictures.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Cmcolfax

Post by Cmcolfax »

Dave Day wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 pm https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/d9/e4 ... 4d224a.jpg
not sure if i did this right.
1894!!!!

Holy shnikies!!
Some things that go BANG!
The men who wrote the Second Amendment did not just return from a hunting trip; the had just liberated a country.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Cmcolfax

Post by Cmcolfax »

Morning Ladies and Gentlemen (I use those terms loosely).

My name is Chuck and I'm an... oh, wait; wrong forum.

Firefighter, Medic, Father, Husband, Christian, Constitutional Conservative...

Getting back in to the M-N world.

Became fascinated by them several years ago, studied, researched, taught myself. Then bought a 1943 numbers matching Izhevsk 91/30 for $150.
I cleaned the cosmoline out of it, put it in a case, and never even fired it.
After a year or so of it sitting in the closet; with the wife constantly asking why did I "need" a 75-year-old Russian Infantry rifle; I sold it for $175.

For the record, "Because 75-year-old Russian Infantry rife!" is not an acceptable answer.

I recently came across a 1934 numbers matching, hex receiver, Izhevsk 91/30 for what has now become a "reasonable" price ($225) so I grabbed it.

So here I am.
The men who wrote the Second Amendment did not just return from a hunting trip; the had just liberated a country.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Cmcolfax

Post by Cmcolfax »

76TimX54r wrote:Hello all! My name is Tim, I recently joined and made another post telling of my collection and someone asked to put a picture up so here's a pic of my 3 Mosins. All 3 are Izhevsk made: 1942 91/30 all matching, bent bolt, never tapped or drilled; 1943 91/30 all matching; 1944 M44 all matching. Thank you!!
That bent bolt is really interesting.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Cmcolfax

Post by Cmcolfax »

76TimX54r wrote:Hi, I'm Tim. Thanks for adding me! I am an avid collector of firearms in general but I have a soft spot for soviet firearms. Currently, my soviet pieces include: 1942 Russian Izhevsk 91/30 (numbers matching with a bent bolt but never drilled and tapped); 1943 Russian Izhevsk 91/30; 1944 Russian Izhevsk M44; 1968 Yugo SKS; 1971 Yugo SKS; 1964 Romanian md63 AKM; and a 1994 md90 AKM side fold.

I look forward to learning more and discussing firearms with you guys!!
That bent-bolt is really interesting!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

What bent bolt ? I'm not seeing links or anything.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Keltic

Post by Keltic »

Howdy avid milsurp collector here. Would post some pics but haven't figured that out yet. I currently have 5 examples of the mosin family.
1943 Izhevsk 91/30
1942 Izhevsk 91/30
1943 Izhevsk m38
1946 Izhevsk m44
Finn m39 B barrel built on a 1916 tula reciever
Other rifles include
Danzing 1893 gew 88/05
Yugo/Syrian m48 not sure on year.
Savage no4 mk1* 1942
Argentine 1891 dated 1894
Swiss k11 1927
Norinco type 56 sks 1963
Soon to be service grade cmp garand. Ordered 2 weeks ago. Hopefully many more to come.
goda 61

Post by goda 61 »

Hello! Finally took the plunge and bought my first M1891/30 two weeks ago. 1929 Izhevsk. Still cleaning it up and discovering all the markings and cartouche stamps. Am coming to the conclusion that, while obtaining one of these rifles is somewhat less expensive than what I have so far spent on an M1, the fun factor will likely necessitate the addition of another gun safe before too long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDanishMan

Post by TheDanishMan »

New member here. I have a 1969 Finnish M39, and a 1933 91/30. Love shooting these guns, always trying to expand my collection with new bits and pieces! Thanks for accepting me.
Jcbyrnes

Post by Jcbyrnes »

HI!
Thankyou for allowing me to join the group. I picked up a Mosin 91/30 recently and am looking forward to taking it to the range after I go thru it..

Look forward to reading the forums!

Jcbyrnes
troutster52

Post by troutster52 »

Hello from the Twin Cities of Minnesota! I have a 91/30 hex receiver Ishvesk (sp?) marked 1931. I have had some fun with it, and love the historical artifact nature of it, but have a hard time using the sights over 50 yards, and as such it has become a 25 or 50 yard range toy for me, and doesn't get used much at the 100 yard line. Is there a trick to using the factory sights?