Mosin Sources disappearing???

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: Mosin Sources disappearing???

Post by zeebill »

Stopped buying refurbs years ago! It's the other stuff that grabs me! They cost more but what the heck I need to be on a diet anyway! Bill :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I once saw a movie were a kid takes a dare to eat fried earthworms, kids are disgusting, but hey, it would free up some cash for guns, worms you can dig up out of manure piles for free :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desert drifter

Post by desert drifter »

Just got back from a gun show down at the fairgrounds. There was only one MN at the show...a sporterized with composite stock, reblue, bushnell scope with turned down bolt $550. I never picked it up. Normally you see alot of MN accessories like slings, cleaning kits and pouches at gun shows. Didn't see much of that either.

'drif
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Everything comes to an end, everyone also.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
evildog

Post by evildog »

bocephus wrote:
evildog wrote:I'm watching dunham's where i've gotten good deals before to see if they are running a black friday sale. They ususally run $79 that day and they know me there so i usually get to tip toe through them and pick out what i'm looking for. May have to put several on layaway that day....I think we are seeing more disappearing because the "sheep" out there just realized that it's an inexpensive rifle and ammo is dirt cheap and that is who i'm seeing buying them up now. :2cents:
So what's this dunhams layaway thing? Do you put them on layaway and get them for the sales price later or just put a bunch on during the sale? I just saw my dunhams stocking up on mosins. I assumed it was for the usual Sunday sale, didnt think about black Friday.
I just talked to the guy i know at dunham's last night as i was getting another 34 Tula hex receiver mosin. He told me they are going to run a sale on black friday and open at midnight thanksgiving day. Guess where i'll be at midnight so i can put more on layaway at the sale price. He told me they will under $100. :thumbsup:
Siam

Post by Siam »

Does Dunham's sell Mosin Nagants online or only in their stores? Can't seem to find rifles on their website.
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

Only in their store, I found the black Friday ad. They will be 89.
Siam

Post by Siam »

bocephus wrote:Only in their store, I found the black Friday ad. They will be 89.
Damn, I live too far away for a road trip on Black Friday.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Try Big 5 Siam. They had them on last year for around that. I have not checked there lately though to see if they still have them at the stores here. They did have some M48s though a month back. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Big5 has a flier out and it says they're selling M91/30s for $109 starting 5am Friday until 4pm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
breckenridge

Post by breckenridge »

All you guys with seemingly better sporting goods stores than us! I was hoping for another sale at Gander Mountain here for black friday, last year they had Mosins for $99, and I saw one on the rack, but I was shut down by the missus. This year they're doing a sale on ww2 Russian revolvers, no Mosins, not even in the store.

Dicks Sporting Goods has a decent sale on Marlin 336w lever guns in 30-30, but not great at $399. Still might be enough of a reason to get one. Or do I just wait and get a pre-Remington 1895 in .45-70?..
1933 M91/30 Izhevsk laminate
1948 M44 Izhevsk
1955 M44 Romanian
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

.45-70 :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

At Big 5....each store may have a slightly different AD each week. You need to make sure the Ad you are looking for is for the stores near you. Last week Big 5 had the Mosin for $89. Now on sale for $109 (Thanksgiving). Sometimes if you go into the store right now and tell them..."Darn, I missed the $89 sale, they will give it to you. If they have something like a Thanksgiving sale coming up...probably not.

But, I can not tell you how many times I have seen the "Mosin Sources disappearing???" come up on these forums. :bwink: There always seems to be more around the corner for just a little bit more money! Some day that will be the case, but there are so many Mosins on the secondary market right now, it will be a very long time before they go the way of the Mauser, or Springfield's etc.

Darryl.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Was at Fleet Farm yesterday & they still had them on sale for $89.99.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Mankato

Post by Mankato »

Black Friday sale at Dunhams?

I just might have to make a stop in Fairmont while making my way to Jackson for family Thanksmas.

Hope there are some left.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Some left? Food or guns? :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man »

J&G sales also still have them. Just checked their ad a couple of minutes ago.
neorebel

Post by neorebel »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Do partys ever last forever?
The Soviet Party didn't!!! hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :chuckles: :chuckles:
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

Mountain Man wrote:J&G sales also still have them. Just checked their ad a couple of minutes ago.
:thumbsup: yup !
Homer2

Post by Homer2 »

I don't buy newly imported rifles. Last one was a Molot sniper from AIM. I'm not stressed and have a Finn M28/30 coming soon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2