Is this post a joke? A suicide Mosin????

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desertgunner

Re: Is this post a joke? A suicide Mosin????

Post by desertgunner »

:D :D :D Thanks , Jim , for the horses. I really think they are dead.......and should NOT be hit anymore.....ROFL
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Zombie horses. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

I had some suicide ammo at Weldon's place today. I tried to stop him, the primers had orange suicide stuff on them. He just could not resist licking them, hope he is OK.

:shock:

:biggrin:

I don't think I have ever missed that much, and still had a good time in a while. Me and Weldon were not shooting well today. I think I did better shooting the .22 Ruger Pistol than I did my rifles. 75 yards with open sights on a Ruger .22. good stuff. 100 yards with my Mauser... Well, no need to take pictures of total miss. I suspect the shooter more than the gun.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What's wrong with that? I shoot like that every range trip :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:What's wrong with that? I shoot like that every range trip :)
Well to tie this in with what Fred_G and you said. I do a fair amount of missing because I'm getting shakey and have blurry vision. I still have fun shooting but the damn Mausers shoot way high, all of them. Fred_Gs too. I shot the VZ24 I've been hunting with for years and after yesterday have no idea how the hell I ever hit anything with it. We're not talking shooting a few inches high but a foot and more. Now most of my kills with this rifle have been about 50+yds but I've aimed and shot and the deer dropped. Yesterday we were shooting at 75yds. and it missed the target. A 3 foot square target unless I buried the front sight in the rear sight and shoot way low. Now I hunt with Remington Core-Lokt 170gr and this was Yugo 50 and 70s ammo I was using yesterday and the week before but I can't see that making this much difference.

I eventually put the rifle up and got the PU out again. It was hampered by my limitations but was still way more accurate than me. I also noticed after cleaning it this time the bore is now like a mirror. I like this rifle now mainly because it allows me to see the target but with 3.5 magnification it's not so much that my heartbeat makes the sight picture move.

Oh and Fred_G pointed out to me that the 70s Yugo 8mm we were shooting has the red sealant on the primers but I didn't need it. My PU already has the Orange Cyanide lettering so I'm good. It's nice to know that we have a back up though in case we do decide to do a suicide mission with a Mauser and want to "off" ourselves when the mission is complete. :roll:
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samiam22

Post by samiam22 »

I saw what must have been one of these suicide Mosins yesterday at the gun show. The price was to high but the dealer had good prices on orange crayons.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Did you get any crayons, I could use some for highlighting some of my markings, wartime Tula's can be so faint it's hard to see them :)
Theodore Roosevelt