Between these two...

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Re: Between these two...

Post by desdem12 »

Ya the fired up tennis ball goes in the things i learned in college file. :thumbsup: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:Des, you are a sick fire bug.If he wanted to shoot some thing serious from a grenade launcher,he should use the golf ball one. Now there youare talking long range baby!!! Just use found balls or you could go broke of gun funds really quick I think!! :D :D
Wonder if the local uppity country club would allow a game like that, they have got a few good long drives. golfcarts, golfballs, SKS's and blanks, ohh the chaos :chuckles: :chuckles: Would a rifle classify as an iron or a wood? It's a bit much for a putter :lol:

Better not, probably not a very good idea :vsad:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Greasemonkey wrote:
OLD OUTLAW wrote:Des, you are a sick fire bug.If he wanted to shoot some thing serious from a grenade launcher,he should use the golf ball one. Now there youare talking long range baby!!! Just use found balls or you could go broke of gun funds really quick I think!! :D :D
Wonder if the local uppity country club would allow a game like that, they have got a few good long drives. golfcarts, golfballs, SKS's and blanks, ohh the chaos :chuckles: :chuckles: Would a rifle classify as an iron or a wood? It's a bit much for a putter :lol:

Better not, probably not a very good idea :vsad:
Grease Man, common! Ya just gotta know it is an iron! :D :D
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Shooooootin' Iron :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is a nice looking SKS for sure. It is interesting learning about all the part numbers ans such.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Just always remember, a fully matching M59 was never stamped like the M59/66 series were. On any M59, if bolt carrier, and bolt is actually machine etched with the serial number on the receiver and the stock is stamped the same, you have what we call a matching rifle.If these metal parts are an ep, you do not.
Appears yours most likely has a matching bolt inside. You did make the very best choice of the two! Value is climbing on these very rapidly also. Few available for sale,but lots of wanna b buyers out there. Tune it in a bit, get used to trigger pull and you will find far better accuracy with your groups.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Who you callin a "wanna b buyer" Steve, :vsad: Yea, Ok, I'm a wanna be :D , I'm still hunting for one.

An M59 with a "true Romanian SKS sling", I'd be in high cotton :wink:
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Greasemonkey wrote:Who you callin a "wanna b buyer" Steve, :vsad: Yea, Ok, I'm a wanna be :D , I'm still hunting for one.

An M59 with a "true Romanian SKS sling", I'd be in high cotton :wink:
Ok Carl, you hit me at a weak point. Every body and their dog wants that original Romanian sling. Tell ya what! Send me a PM with your
max offer for it and I might just part with it to you. You have seen it before. As close to new as ever you will find. I'm guessing they may have used it for a very short time on one gun only. But, you're gonna have to bribe me to get it. Plus, it has to absolutely go to a safe home! Not a sling I would ever like to see on ebay or else where. Take your best shot my friend!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Cool :vcool: It's nice to know I chose the "right" one. See, rifles really do speak to you.

And definitely utility club. Something to stick in the bag in case you get behind a slow foursome :twisted:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

what are you guys talking about ??? you mean the leather Romanian sling? why on earth would you want one on a M59 ??? thought we were collectors on this boards are we becoming like the other boards bubba?? My 59 should have the leather Yugo sling. I have a spare vg to exc M59 I would trade for a Chinese that had a factory code I do not have
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

howiebearse wrote:what are you guys talking about ??? you mean the leather Romanian sling? why on earth would you want one on a M59 ??? thought we were collectors on this boards are we becoming like the other boards bubba?? My 59 should have the leather Yugo sling. I have a spare vg to exc M59 I would trade for a Chinese that had a factory code I do not have

Easy Howie, let me explain the sling thing, Old Outlaw has a true Romanian sling that I've been kinda been giving him a hard time over since last October(he taunted me with a photo of the ones he has). I've been hunting for one since I got my all number matching 1957 Romanian last year. I just to wanted to complete the carbine and get the incorrect Chinese sling off of it. I've found a number of fakes(wrong color) and or ones listed as a true sling, but end up being nothing more than an Romanian AK sling. It was said purly as an inside joke(but I still want it and have since PM'ed him), and I wish I had a Chinese you didn't have, I'd consider the trade. :thumbsup:

Here is the Romanian I want the sling for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Carl was just picking on me cause he knows I like my M59 Carbines. Better than I do a couple of Romanians. So, I have a what I call a matching Romanian I am going to sell as soon as I can post it some where. But! Having an original Romanian leather sling never seems to enhance the value of a carbine when at auction.
So I gave him a little teaser on this almost new sling. Guess I better let him have it huh?
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Oh yea, I think he offered me $270 for it. :big laugh:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:Oh yea, I think he offered me $270 for it. :big laugh:
:pointup:

:big shock: :big shock: I really gotta remember to fix my decimal point button :bang: , I meant $27.00 :chuckles:
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Greasemonkey wrote:
OLD OUTLAW wrote:Oh yea, I think he offered me $270 for it. :big laugh:
:pointup:

:big shock: :big shock: I really gotta remember to fix my decimal point button :bang: , I meant $27.00 :chuckles:
Hey Carl, look at your messages. Just sent one for the $270. :chuckles:
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

Ahh I see what you are talking about I have 4 slings for my 4 carbines one is new but I have not seen anything other than the Romanian leather ak slings available.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

howiebearse wrote:Ahh I see what you are talking about I have 4 slings for my 4 carbines one is new but I have not seen anything other than the Romanian leather ak slings available.
These are few between and hard to find. I never knew you may have wanted one. I just sold the last one I had left to Carl. But, I may know where another or two may be at. These are found with stamps and dated into the early 70"s. Same time periods the Romanians still used a bunch of SKS rifles. I'll let you know if and when I hear back from my old importer source. He buys crate loads of Military slings from Europe. But they are all mixed slings of all types. He can't even identify most of them in some shipments he gets in. Carl got the top one in this pic.