And here is #10

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Sgt lamb

Re: And here is #10

Post by Sgt lamb »

the three screw holes are result of bubbas need for sling swivels i have one rather simllar only my bubba, stuck his just behind the bottom band twice.... the screws must have pulled out Silly Bubba
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:
kamakazi339 wrote:Yea I just took a loot the one near the butt is about 2-3 inches to far towards the neck and the 2 holes in the hand guard section are drilled right under the escutcheon and about 1/2 inch rearward of that... idk if that is just a bubba hole or something else.... I vote bubba though
Ya after looking at his links I thought so too. Thought just maybe it could be a good thing and didn't want you to plug them if they were an Austrian deal.
I appreciate you lookin out for me lol. You know well my knowledge of mosin as a whole. I didn't know anything about Austrian sling hangers lol

And as I said to Sgt lamb I wonder the harm of just leaving them open. Wouldn't I be bubba if I tried closing them
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Ya I would just leave them.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F