Gander Mountain 91/30 triple date

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jayrocka1200

Re: $119.99 Gander Mountain 91/30 triple date

Post by jayrocka1200 »

yeah, I just read this post..went to my local Gander today and couldn't even get the guy to bring out more rifles, I was told that they are all 91/30's and all the other rifles in back are the same as this one (1943 Izvhesk). :angry4:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

jayrocka1200 wrote:yeah, I just read this post..went to my local Gander today and couldn't even get the guy to bring out more rifles, I was told that they are all 91/30's and all the other rifles in back are the same as this one (1943 Izvhesk). :angry4:
Well they are the same... To him. Old boy doesn't bother to look at the dates & markings... In his eyes they are all old, greasy, nasty, dirty piles of junk & the only motivation he has on selling them is to get them the hell out of the store. Go back & try again, but with a different person this time.

First person I talked to was the newbie & she said the ones behind the counter were the only two they had with none in the back; In other words she had no idea. I walked around, found a guy I've dealt with before who was willing to bring 91/30's from the back on my last visit a year ago & waited until he was completely done with his customer. I then waited until he directly asked me if I needed help & then I sprung the question... "I noticed you had a few 91/30's over there... You wouldn't happen to have anymore in the back"? A few minutes later he rolls the cart out & let me dive in like a hungry boy chasing a cheeseburger.

Go back & try again. :devil2:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Damn-it!!! Now I'm hungry for a cheeseburger... :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:Molot is stamping their stamps under the handguard on the 91/30's. Peek under one and see.
The 37 Tula from Fleet Farm is a Century import so no worries & I dissembled the 31 Tula PW Arms import & there is no Molot marks on it anywhere. :biggrin:

"Dang that entropy"
entropy

Post by entropy »

Can't wait to shoot it, Ron! 8-)

Just another example of you falling into a vat....... :P :chuckles:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

entropy wrote:Can't wait to shoot it, Ron! 8-)

Just another example of you falling into a vat....... :P :chuckles:
IIRC I've heard this one before... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I'll bring it out next shoot.... You can even have the honors of first person with trigger time. :thumbsup:

Dang that entropy™

"Dang that entropy"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Great deal, a shame that they trashed the crate
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

jayrocka1200 wrote:yeah, I just read this post..went to my local Gander today and couldn't even get the guy to bring out more rifles, I was told that they are all 91/30's and all the other rifles in back are the same as this one (1943 Izvhesk). :angry4:
Did you go to the Gander Mountain near me? :shock: The clerk there said the same thing. That can be frustrating. They simply set a few out and replace them as they sell with the next ones in the back. For some reason the department manager insists on doing it like that, I haven't been able to change his mind in the few times I've stopped in over the last few years.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

lol no I live in Rochester N.Y. but I do remember reading about your experience then going there and thinking wtf as the guy pretty much told me the same thing I had read from your post. Wtf is there like a handbook that comes with these that the Gander employees get that says the same thing lol. The funny part of the whole thing was that the guy told me that he owned 2 as well after I told him how many I own. I didn't even want to try to get into the whole izvhesk and Tula conversation let alone possible ex dragoon or hex's lol
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rongo wrote:Damn-it!!! Now I'm hungry for a cheeseburger... :roll:
I can't think of a time I am not hungry for a cheeseburger :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I might try the Gander Mountain 50 miles from here & see what they have since I'll already be in the neighborhood. :devil2:

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: 50 miles? Better bring some snacks for the ride :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
gurn

Post by gurn »

Hire a detective to follow the manager and take pics of him with his girl friend. Then go in and show him the pics and say you wont give the pics to his wife if he will always let you go through the crates. I think I saw this on tv before. :brolleyes:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

gurn wrote:Hire a detective to follow the manager and take pics of him with his girl friend. Then go in and show him the pics and say you wont give the pics to his wife if he will always let you go through the crates. I think I saw this on tv before. :brolleyes:
Good way to get killed and given a very quiet funeral way back up in the hills.
Theodore Roosevelt
gurn

Post by gurn »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
gurn wrote:Hire a detective to follow the manager and take pics of him with his girl friend. Then go in and show him the pics and say you wont give the pics to his wife if he will always let you go through the crates. I think I saw this on tv before. :brolleyes:
Good way to get killed and given a very quiet funeral way back up in the hills.
Thats what she said
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt