Range Etiquette

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

Re: Range Etiquette

Post by desdem12 »

It is lack of training and also just plain mall ninja stuff. They cant hit anything out at 100 and they all try for the gongs up the hill but cant hit stuff at 100. Most of these guys have every cooking utensil on the black rifle you can think of and then when a guy like me shows up with an old finn or Russian I hit groups and the gongs dam near every time. I don't have any scopes and it just pisses them off. :lol: :lol: There are some that can hit paper at 100 of course but after they see they are getting out shot they tend to move the targets in so they don't look so bad against an old "piece of crap" non tacticool rifle. IF the wind is even hinting of blowing them little bbs they shoot will not hit any of the gongs and they don't now how to adjust their 1000 dollar coffee makers to hit something past 50 yards. This has been my experience more then a few times. Pretty soon you have a few of the milsurp guys left on the rifle side cause they are actually hitting targets. :thumbsup:
rustytruck wrote:70 yr old Russian rifle... $120
Surplus ammo... $0.20/round
Outperforming the $1500 mall ninja Zombie AR... priceless
:pointup: :pointup: :pointup: This is so true
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Gunowner99 wrote:With all those fancy scopes, grips, handles, stocks, etc? ;-)
We call a lot of these guys "mall Ninjas" all the tacticool crap they saw in video games and none of the skills of a trained operator.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rideandslidejim wrote:10-4 rusty !! A lot of the Rambo AR people go to the pistol range. But one thing i can't fiqure out is with the ammo shortage how they can just show up "blasting away " . We are lucky to have surplus ammo available at reasonable prices.

I agree , our "cheap " Mosin's will out shoot the Rambo shooter !!!!

Jim
They are the ones paying a grand for a case of ammo and cleaning off the shelves.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

I get it now. Maybe I should keep away from that 6920 I am looking at ha ha!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just learn how to shoot it properly and nobody will make fun of you .
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You could always spend the money on a US M1 Garand, that always gets respect, contact the CMP ( Google) or one of the M14 clones, but then you are into real money .
Theodore Roosevelt
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Umm yeah, that's why I have a Mosin, cheap! Well, with everything I am adding onto the list it is not so cheap anymore ha ha!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Few things worth having are .
Theodore Roosevelt
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Good point!