Oldie, but a Goodie.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Oldie, but a Goodie.

Post by millman »

dolk wrote:Mill,
You can add up to 12 photos to the forums storage on each post. You have to go slow or it stops your till it's ready for the next one!
Yeah, I know. This is just a bump of I think my first post ever on the new forum, and the bugs hadn't been worked out then. The rifle is an oldie, and so is this thread. :)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Wow, This thread had a layer of dust on it. But I'm glad you brought it out to share again; Love that old PnottaP Finn! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Don't ever get tired of seeing this one. Very unique. Could have been a prototype too... :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Looks like maybe a Bolshevik scrub, my 1916 has had all the lines removed except the number and date. You can tell it's a Tula by the "N" font preceding the number. I had a Nagant pistol that had the Peter the Great arch covered with SSSSSSSSS. I wish I'd kept it :bonk: I'd have a pistol and rifle both 1916 scrubs.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"