New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Rongo »

shooter99 wrote:First post here. I do not own a Mosin Nagant but want to purchase one. Are the Mosins that are sold by AIMS and other companies for around $300.00 including the accessories plus shipping costs a good price and are they decent weapons? Thanks!
:alien:

Welcome to the Forum!!!

There are better deals out there. Consider one of our advertisers, The Mosin Crate as they will be offering a nice batch within the next few days at less than AIM wants. And you can pick the one you want. Otherwise look to Southern Ohio Gun too. They have the 91/30 and the M44 in stock.

Good Luck!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
shooter99

Post by shooter99 »

models would you recommend?I appreciate that! I'll check them out right now. For a first weapon, which of those two models would you recommend?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Alexander wrote:Hi, just cleaned (admin edit) up a 1935 9130 Tula. Check the firing pin clearance OK and could not find my go / no gauge so a chambered a spent round to see if it would clear as a minimum. The bolt will close easily without the shell but will only close 25% with the shell in place. I swapped out the bolt for another 9130 bolt and same problem. Any ideas how to get the head space clearance right?
A spent round is not a Headspace guage and has nothing to do with determining headspace passing or failing. I would suggest you find, borrow or acquire another headspace gauge and check it for sure.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

shooter99 wrote:models would you recommend?I appreciate that! I'll check them out right now. For a first weapon, which of those two models would you recommend?
Well, lets see. My first was an M44, second was a 91/30 and the third was a 91/59. And it kind of snowballed out of control from there. :lol:

I say get the 91/30 first. :wink:

"Dang that entropy"
shooter99

Post by shooter99 »

Sounds like me with Browning High-powers. I now have 10 different variants. But, I only have one Garand and two M1 carbines. Here we go again!
mproko

Post by mproko »

Hello,

First Mosin was a Tula hex 91/30 4 years ago. I knew nothing about them at all, but the rest of the table had all round receivers. I often wish I could go back in time and kick old me to buy a few more at those prices. I joined up to learn more with 2 main issues in mind presently. First being, has anyone ever found a counterfeit date? I bought a 1943 Izhevsk m44 by sheer luck just wanting a m44 for the collection. I went online to search for prices since I know it was rarer. Only one I found for sale seemed to have a doctored date. I screen shoted it and can post later. Also dying for input on my sako m39. Where the 2 part stock comes together at the butt has a small come apart to it. Will definitely be posting more.

Thanks

Mike
lriera

Post by lriera »

Hello there !!

I am new in the forum looking for information about this firearms to improve my 3D designs.

Thank you !!

Lluís
lucky508

Post by lucky508 »

Hi everyone,
I'm glad to be here to start learning. I just applied for my C&R. I don't have a Mosin yet but have been doing a lot of research. I will be looking for a new starter 91/30 soon. I'm looking forward to learning the care and feeding of a Mosin.

Blue skies,
Lucky508
King Johhny

Post by King Johhny »

lucky508 wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm glad to be here to start learning. I just applied for my C&R. I don't have a Mosin yet but have been doing a lot of research. I will be looking for a new starter 91/30 soon. I'm looking forward to learning the care and feeding of a Mosin.

Blue skies,
Lucky508
Good luck with your quest!
M91/30 1940 Izhevsk
Oct 1944 Springfield Armory M1 Garand
Czech post war K98k
Izawa Jyuko Series 9 Type 99
SMLE No.1 Mk.III 1918 "peddled scheme"
bukwessul

Post by bukwessul »

Howdy! Thank you for having a place to learn more. My dad picked up a mosin for me a year ago and I am looking forward to researching it a bit. It is nothing fancy, but shoots incredibly well. I mean incredibly well. After cleaning the cosmoline out for about two days, adjusting the sights a few times it shot better than all of my modern rifles out of the box. I am impressed.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bukwessul wrote:Howdy! Thank you for having a place to learn more. My dad picked up a mosin for me a year ago and I am looking forward to researching it a bit. It is nothing fancy, but shoots incredibly well. I mean incredibly well. After cleaning the cosmoline out for about two days, adjusting the sights a few times it shot better than all of my modern rifles out of the box. I am impressed.
:alien:

Welcome to the Forum! :vcool:

And that's just one of the many reasons we like these old Military rifles... They are excellent shooters.

"Dang that entropy"
admiralackbar86

Post by admiralackbar86 »

Hello everyone, new to the forums. I have been collecting Mil-Surps for a few years now, but just started to get into the Mosin's. I have had a PU Sniper which i enjoyed, but never had the Mosin itch....until i came across the Finnish Mosins. I bought my M39 a month ago and instantly fell in love, a great looking rifle, with really cool history, and it shoots amazingly. A couple weeks later i came across a Finn Capture 91/30 and quickly bought it at a great price. I definitely want to get some more Finn Mosins and now have a hankering for some more Russian rifles, and i can't wait to learn more about them from you guys.
sarge912

Post by sarge912 »

Hello. I'm Sarge912 (you may have seen the name on other forums)
We have three Mosins at this time but our newest is a Finnish M39, the one that I have always wanted.

thanks for addition to the site.
Bowfisg62

Post by Bowfisg62 »

New Mosin owner. Wish I had bought one sooner. Prices you know.
Bowfisg62

Post by Bowfisg62 »

I have acquired some brass cased ammo with steel core bullets. Any comments?
souley

Post by souley »

Hi,

I just bought a Tula M44 surplus and can't wait to receive it. I also have a M91/30 Tula. I am new to this site and look forward to the correspondence. :)

souley
Airpirate94

Post by Airpirate94 »

New guy, present and accounted for. I have a 1943 Izhevsk, but I'm looking for an M38 or M44. I'm also am looking forward to learning from the knowledgeable folks on the forum.
TheMosinGuy

Post by TheMosinGuy »

Hello everyone. Been collecting mosins for years. Have almost every year 91/30 from 1921 to 44. Just purchased my first 1891 and looking forward to learning more about them.
wjb

Post by wjb »

Folks,

I'm an old new member. I was a member some years ago when I was an active collector, but I let my C&R FFL lapse when Obama became President. However, while I was active, I did pick up a number of Finnish, Finnish-capture and Russian Mosins. I'm looking forward to getting active in the forum again, learning some new things and contributing when I can.

Best,
Jeff
EmmanuelMan

Post by EmmanuelMan »

Hi,

Nice to meet you!

So please excuse my bad level of english! I m just french. I live in France near Lyon in Burgundy (Good wine)

I have found a Mosin Nagant, I think that s a 91/30 but I m not sure.

So please, could you help me to indentify it and give me more information.

I try to show you pictures but I don t know how to do :bonk: