New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

cyberjad wrote:Hi! I am new here and probably should have came a long time ago. The last year or so I have really started focusing on collecting towards Mosins. My PU's tend to get the most use and my M39s might get the most love. About 6 months ago I fell into a Mosin collection. Bought it cheap and really started appreciating them - now the seem to have reproduced like rabbits! Looking forward to learning and contributing here :)
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

MarieB wrote:Hi guys, I inherited a gun from my dad. It has a bayonet on it. I think it is a Mosin Nagant, but can't really find any info on it. The part numbers on it are 19441 4x1661 M4224. It has the ornate circle with the symbol that looks like an 'R', which I believe is the hammer and sickle? Any idea what I have and the value of it? Any help you can give me would be appreciated! Thanks.
(Sorry I don't know the first thing about guns. My dad was a hunter and a collector and a WWII vet, but I inherited NONE of his knowledge. Don't even know the names of the gun parts other than the stock and barrel)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Finn27 wrote:New to forum but been collecting for awhile , just picked up a cherry M-27 thanks for letting me attend.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mrbig381 wrote:Hey everyone, finally decided to join the gang here. Been collecting Mosins since the eighty's.
Hopefully I'll have something to contribute and continue to enjoy these fine Rifles.
Thanks for having me...mrbig
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

aussimmo2015 wrote:G'day everyone

I stumbled over this forum researching 7.62x54r ammo availability in Australia, I'm about to purchase a Finnish 1941 M39, and have been getting more interested in these remarkable rifles (Mosins) the more I read. I'm keen to start hand loading for the rifle I am planning to buy and will hopefully find some advice for that on this forum and start a few conversations along the way. To be honest this will probably be the beginning of an expensive and rewarding hobby :D

Cheers
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

AR-Black wrote:HI, digging around on the internet for info on the rifles and found this good site. I have a few of the Mosin-Nagant rifles bought with my C&R. Nothing like getting rifles on your porch!
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jwaller5 wrote:Hello, I am JW. I have two mosin nagants. I picked up a "Peter the great" rifle today and want to find out more about it. I think I got a decent deal. It also has "SA" mark, so Finnish use I guess?
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ryanp wrote:Hey, new here. Looking forward to all the information I'll be getting from you guys. I have a.1942 91/30 and i recently purchased a 1944 Finnish m39. I love them both but the whole reason I came here in the first place besides all the military arms lovers on here is because sadly I have not been able to fire my m39 in 7.62x54r. I would greatly appreciate some help if possible. I'm still kinda new to the mosins so I don't know much.
Theodore Roosevelt
Snuffy

Post by Snuffy »

Hey, my name is chad and I bought my first Mosin this weekend. What I do know about it from researching is it is a 1948 m44 Izhevsk and that 3 of 4 numbers match. I also learned unfortunately that I am missing the handguard, sling and bayonet. what I don't have a clue on is where to find original parts and if it's even possible to locate the matching bolt I need. I've learned a lot here but there is so much to learn as a new Mosin owner.
mosinshield

Post by mosinshield »

Hi Everyone - :)

After followed the mosin nagnant for a few months with price fluctuate high and low. Finally, I've decided to give "shot" and purchase one. :)
I'm new to the forum. I've just started removing all the parts from the nagnant and getting ready for cosomline/stripping. Hope I get get some questions and answer along the way. Thank you !!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Snuffy wrote:Hey, my name is chad and I bought my first Mosin this weekend. What I do know about it from researching is it is a 1948 m44 Izhevsk and that 3 of 4 numbers match. I also learned unfortunately that I am missing the handguard, sling and bayonet. what I don't have a clue on is where to find original parts and if it's even possible to locate the matching bolt I need. I've learned a lot here but there is so much to learn as a new Mosin owner.
Welcome snuffy. Not sure what you mean finding the matching bolt. If your's is missing the bolt assembly there's a few places that have them but if you're looking for one number the same as the rifles barrel number which is the serial for that rifle you won't. There's one rifle with that number. Our advertiser Liberty Tree Collectors has bolt assemblies for sale. Cope's has some stuff too and you can look here for stuff they don't have http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype=arms&category=4 Just pick a sub category. If you don't see something you're looking for try going to a site from the list and look around. Not everything they have for sale is listed.
Dominicus

Post by Dominicus »

Hello everybody :) Just got today Mosin Nagant.

Here to know more about that nice rifle. I put a picture, if any one can help me to have more infos about my rifle.

I'm own a lot of firearms : hk usp 9mm, MP-15 556, Norinco 1911 45ACP, Kel-Tel Su 22lr, Remington 887 nitro magnun tactical shotgun, etc, etc.

So Mosin Nagant is my last baby to come home :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In God We Trust
kc9tha

Post by kc9tha »

Hi ,
My name is Torre (kc9tha)

I have 1 mosin nagant. So far haha! :music2.gif:
MyakkaSkunkApe

Hello

Post by MyakkaSkunkApe »

Hello, just making my first post. I'm excited about finding this informative forum. I'm not big on posting in forums but do enjoy reading all the post that are already out there. I have owned an M44 Carbine for a number of years. It's probably been over 7 years since I last got around to shooting it though. I never got over what a kick it produces with that surplus ammo. I'll get around to posting photos soon.

Thank you,
-Skunk Ape
moecsi

Post by moecsi »

Hi everyone! Thank You for making this forum, I hope I'll get some help from You identifying a friend of mines nagant. He says its a rare one, but we don't know anything about it. So my first question would be: Where should I post the photos?

Thank You

Möcsi
mainer82

Post by mainer82 »

Hi, I'm just a regular guy from Maine with an old Mosin I have for hunting. I never really could find any info out about my gun because it doesn't match any of the standard descriptions. So here I am with a bag full of questions.
Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun~ Moa Zedong
groundcontrol323

Post by groundcontrol323 »

Hello all! Shot my friend's Mosin a couple of months ago, had a great time and was really interested in the history behind these rifles. Started poking around an was amazed at what I found, been following the board for awhile and am looking forward to purchasing my first Mosin in the very near future. Thanks for all the helpful information here, I can't wait to contribute some of my own
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Dominicus wrote:Hello everybody :) Just got today Mosin Nagant.

Here to know more about that nice rifle. I put a picture, if any one can help me to have more infos about my rifle.

I'm own a lot of firearms : hk usp 9mm, MP-15 556, Norinco 1911 45ACP, Kel-Tel Su 22lr, Remington 887 nitro magnun tactical shotgun, etc, etc.

So Mosin Nagant is my last baby to come home :)

You have a 1939 Tula that was refurbished post war in the Ukraine and put into storage. Sold to importers in a few different countries in the 1990s through to current day.

For info on the refurb process click here.
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/ref ... index.html
Kollaa kestää
GunnyMike

Post by GunnyMike »

Hello everyone, my name is Curtis. My Marine buddy gave me a M44 carbine several weeks ago and I have tried to educate myself about the rifle. What a history! I ordered dies for the 7.62x54r and another friend loaded me a few test rounds. The weather has kept me from the range. I will be looking for another Mosin-Nagant soon. Thanks for letting me in, I'm sure I will learn a lot from everyone.
GunnyMike

Post by GunnyMike »

Try this again! Hello everyone, I'm Curtis. My Marine buddy gave me an M44 carbine and I am trying to educate myself on how to enjoy the rifle but not take away the historic value. I'm glad I found this forum, I'm sure I will find the information I seek form all of you. That's for letting me join.