New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
tantor

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by tantor »

Hi my name is Tim and I bought my 91-30 Friday and see already that this is gonna be an addicting habit!
sonney

Almost a new member

Post by sonney »

I have been a member on this site for a little while not as long as some a little longer than others. What I have found out about this site that is different from other weapon sites that I am a member of is that the people on this site go out of their way to help others. You don't see the belittlement on this site that you see on others and the members are so helpful. The people may not agree with you but they don't go out of their way to be hurtful ether. I am very happy to be part of a very good web site were like people have like interest in helping.

Sonney
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Almost a new member

Post by millman »

sonney wrote:I have been a member on this site for a little while not as long as some a little longer than others. What I have found out about this site that is different from other weapon sites that I am a member of is that the people on this site go out of their way to help others. You don't see the belittlement on this site that you see on others and the members are so helpful. The people may not agree with you but they don't go out of their way to be hurtful ether. I am very happy to be part of a very good web site were like people have like interest in helping.

Sonney
Thanks from the staff Sonney.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Zawayne

Post by Zawayne »

Hello my name is Wayne. I just got into collecting mosins about 6 months ago. an now I have 4 a Finn 91/30, Russian 91/30, a Chinese type 53 and a Remington 1917 m91. It seems the more mosins I buy the more I fuel the fire lol
Zawayne

Post by Zawayne »

Hi my name is wayne I have just gotten into Mosin collecting about 6 months ago. I already own 4 a Finn 91/30 1943, Izhevsk 91/30 1943, Remington m91 1917 and a Chinese type 53 1953. Seems like the more I buy the more I fuel the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Hey All!

Got my first Mosin from GanderMountain. Bought it online and had it shipped to my local store. Took it out of the box and it was a 1929 Izhevsk hex with the space under the rear sight which if Im not mistaken indicated exDragoon.

Got so excited I ordered another one. This time a 1942 Izhevsk with pre war stock. Same week at a gun show I bought an M44 1944 Izhevsk. This one is a real straight shooter.

Im hooked now. No turning back!
mmmm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
swinggumby

Post by swinggumby »

Just got my first mosin letting you know I'm here
dmoore714

Post by dmoore714 »

New member, and new Mosin owner. Located in southwest GA.

I bought my first Mosin last week - a 1935 Tula 91/30 with a hex receiver. Numbers matching gun, including the numbered bayonet. Clean bore. One rusty patch on the bolt face but otherwise a solid rifle. Didn't come with any of the usual accessories though.

I was looking for an M44 this weekend. Didn't find any, but ended up buying another 91/30 instead. This one was a 1943 Izhevsk. Still full of cosmoline, but it looks cleaner than my first one. And this one came with the usual accessory pack.

Should be fun to clean these up and shoot them. Still looking for an M44 too.

johnl1951

Post by johnl1951 »

Hello all,
Vietnam infantry here, old guy. Just got as a gift a pristine M44. Thing of beauty. 1944 issue, all numbers match, minor surface rust easily wiped, oiled leaving a patina of age. Happy to join forum.
joelvca

Post by joelvca »

Ahoy the forum!
I've been lurking for a while and finally got tired of not seeing the pictures. I've had an M39 (VKT 1944) for decades and finally got around to hunting with it this year:
2014 MD button buck
Mule deer button buck - I had an antlerless tag and it looked like a small doe at that distance; approximately 90m with Igman 150gr SPs.

I also have an SVT40 (1942 Tula ungrooved refurb) but no decent photos.

Regards from Calgary,
Joel
OHGUNNER

Post by OHGUNNER »

Hello from SE Ohio. Own several Mosins, just normal ones, nothing "super rare". Getting more interested and am looking for info and knowledge.
dmoore714

Post by dmoore714 »

joelvca wrote: Regards from Calgary,
Joel
Calgary... The Wild West of the Great White North. One of my favorite places to visit in Canada. Welcome!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

blackfox1 wrote:Howdy! I'm Tom and I currently have 2 91/30's. I am shopping for M44's now. This looks like a great forum.

Thanks,
Tom (blackfox1)
Welcome to the board Tom :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tailgunner67 wrote:Hello. My name is John. I live in good old Illinois. I have a 1941 91/30 and I purchased a M44 today.
Welcome to the board John :thumbsup: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

2kpounders wrote:hello, I'm new to the board and new to the world of MN's.
thanks,
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tantor wrote:Hi my name is Tim and I bought my 91-30 Friday and see already that this is gonna be an addicting habit!
Welcome to the board Tim :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Zawayne wrote:Hello my name is Wayne. I just got into collecting mosins about 6 months ago. an now I have 4 a Finn 91/30, Russian 91/30, a Chinese type 53 and a Remington 1917 m91. It seems the more mosins I buy the more I fuel the fire lol
Welcome to the board Wayne :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

NLMosin wrote:Hey All!

Got my first Mosin from GanderMountain. Bought it online and had it shipped to my local store. Took it out of the box and it was a 1929 Izhevsk hex with the space under the rear sight which if Im not mistaken indicated exDragoon.

Got so excited I ordered another one. This time a 1942 Izhevsk with pre war stock. Same week at a gun show I bought an M44 1944 Izhevsk. This one is a real straight shooter.

Im hooked now. No turning back!
mmmm.jpg
Nice start, welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

swinggumby wrote:Just got my first mosin letting you know I'm here
I see you, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dmoore714 wrote:New member, and new Mosin owner. Located in southwest GA.

I bought my first Mosin last week - a 1935 Tula 91/30 with a hex receiver. Numbers matching gun, including the numbered bayonet. Clean bore. One rusty patch on the bolt face but otherwise a solid rifle. Didn't come with any of the usual accessories though.

I was looking for an M44 this weekend. Didn't find any, but ended up buying another 91/30 instead. This one was a 1943 Izhevsk. Still full of cosmoline, but it looks cleaner than my first one. And this one came with the usual accessory pack.

Should be fun to clean these up and shoot them. Still looking for an M44 too.

Welcome to the board, Mosins do tend to multiply :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt