New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
badweatherbiker

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by badweatherbiker »

should I post this elsewhere?
badweatherbiker wrote:Hello just bought my first Mosin, picked it out of a crate full of them but didn't really know what I was looking for I just grabbed the one that had the tightest bolt and smoothest action. I am going back to get another and will be reading all the valuable information on the site but can anyone help me identify some of the markings on this one?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Welcome to the forum. You should go here http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... um.php?f=5 and make a post about your rifle. You're not likely to get many responses here because this is mainly for first time posters to say hello and maybe tell a little about yourself. When you make your post you can use the IMG links from Photobucket and post the link directly in the post field and they'll show up on the forum instead of people having to click the links and go to Photobucket. If you have any trouble we'll help you out.
WeldonHunter

Re: Grenade launcher?

Post by WeldonHunter »

lgray3_utk wrote:Hello all! First time mosin owner and forum poster! I recently picked up model 1944 with bayonet and (grenade launcher?) at least I think it is! I have only found two pictures of it on Google images and was hoping you could tell me more about it??? All serial number match on barrel bolt and but plate!
Thanks
Larry
Welcome to the forum. You should probably go here http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... um.php?f=5 and make a post about this rifle. You're not likely to get a lot of responses here because this is mainly for first time posters to say hello.
rsc

Post by rsc »

I've been into Mosins for about 15 years now, just shot my PU last month and got the disease going again. Looks like I'm gonna be broke and spending my free time on here now. :)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

julienfirearms wrote:Hello, my name is Eric. I am a firearms addict. I have been "gun sober" for 0 days.

:chuckles: :chuckles: That one got my attention! Welcome aboard!

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

rsc wrote:I've been into Mosins for about 15 years now, just shot my PU last month and got the disease going again. Looks like I'm gonna be broke and spending my free time on here now. :)
Well, the good part is....this forum is free (except for your time!) :chuckles: The rifles....not so much! :P
Crypto

Post by Crypto »

Just picked up a M1891 - crest missing but dated 1917. Hope I am off to a good start. Tula mfr. Have rectified the missing cleaning rod.
illonegraywolf

Post by illonegraywolf »

Good to know there is a forum for information on my 1943 M91/30.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Crypto wrote:Just picked up a M1891 - crest missing but dated 1917. Hope I am off to a good start. Tula mfr. Have rectified the missing cleaning rod.
Welcome to the board, sounds like possibly a Balkan used M91, nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

illonegraywolf wrote:Good to know there is a forum for information on my 1943 M91/30.
Welcome to the board, we should have at least as much as is currently known about the 1943 M91/30 Izhevsk or Tula.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
PatrickB

Post by PatrickB »

Hello, everyone! I'm very excited to find this forum as I have become very interested in the Mosin Nagant recently.

A couple weeks ago I took my son to a local gun show looking for a shotgun for my son and he found a Chinese Type 53 Mosin Nagant that he wanted and I got it and since then have been obsessed with learning about them.

I plan to reload for it also as I currently reload for my 9mm and .45 auto pistols but this will be my first rifle reloading experience. I'd want to avoid the cheap corrosive ammo and like the idea of developing a custom load for the gun and also looking for information on loads that are mild in recoil for my son to shoot. He's 13 and I'm sure he would like the recoil I experienced with it shooting factory Silver Bear steel cased ammo.

I have a video of my first (and so far only) session shooting the gun. I was maybe 25 yards from the target as I wasn't sure how accurate the thing was gonna be. You can't see the gun very well.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/MhTGwqmCEGM[/BBvideo]
lawdog309

Post by lawdog309 »

Thanks for approving me. I love these old rifles.
pitbull5

Post by pitbull5 »

hello everyone my name is Eddie ive only been collecting a year but ive caught the disease quickly.
allanw1

Post by allanw1 »

allan1: I just join this forum and wanted to say hi. I am not a collector but do own 2 Mosins. One was given to me after my father-in-law pasted away. While his boys got all his nice rifles, I got this weird short stocked Russian 7.62x54r cal. rifle. I had no idea what it was. About that same time my brother had just bought his first 91/30. After seeing his I realized I realized I had a 1937 Mosin Sportser with not one match series number. But it did belong to some one I admired and it does shoot. A few months latter my brother bought a M-44. I liked his carbine but not the bayonet. I was trying to find a nice M-38 when I found by accident a 91/59. This gun is near perfect and a great shooter. Still looking for more carbine but hard to find good deals.
sapishka

Post by sapishka »

Hello everyone ,I am a new member and quite an enthusiest of the three line rifle aka Mosin Nagant and all its cool and unique variations of all countries in original configuration along with the history attached to these fine rifles . I currently have 5 ..I think and 1 in particular I'm trying to find out about .it is an M91 Remington . anyhow I can ask questions in a new post ,but glad to be on the Russian rifle page ,also have a few SKS rifles in original form as well ,my favorite being my Russian SKS . So being Russian 50% on my fathers side ,my love for Russian guns is pretty strong ,the Mosin Nagnt love was started for me by my son who got me interested in these hard hitting great rifles .anyhow than ks for having me here .

sapishka
Fincorpse

Post by Fincorpse »

Just joined thanks for having me. Only own 1 91/30 at the moment. 1936 Izhevsk. Been a great shooter till today. After about 15 rds thru her bolt is stuck OPEN Cant close it or remove it by pressing trigger. Anybody have any experience or solutions on this?
skeetfan

Post by skeetfan »

Hi there. Just picked up my first 2 MNs in the last two weeks. One is a 1943 Iz with a beat up stock from Cabelas and the other one is a hex receiver from Classic that I'll be receiving in the mail tomorrow. Fingers crossed its in good shape.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

PatrickB wrote:Hello, everyone! I'm very excited to find this forum as I have become very interested in the Mosin Nagant recently.

A couple weeks ago I took my son to a local gun show looking for a shotgun for my son and he found a Chinese Type 53 Mosin Nagant that he wanted and I got it and since then have been obsessed with learning about them.

I plan to reload for it also as I currently reload for my 9mm and .45 auto pistols but this will be my first rifle reloading experience. I'd want to avoid the cheap corrosive ammo and like the idea of developing a custom load for the gun and also looking for information on loads that are mild in recoil for my son to shoot. He's 13 and I'm sure he would like the recoil I experienced with it shooting factory Silver Bear steel cased ammo.

I have a video of my first (and so far only) session shooting the gun. I was maybe 25 yards from the target as I wasn't sure how accurate the thing was gonna be. You can't see the gun very well.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/MhTGwqmCEGM[/BBvideo]
Welcome to the board, check the reloading forum on the board, there should be some information on light loads in there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

lawdog309 wrote:Thanks for approving me. I love these old rifles.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

pitbull5 wrote:hello everyone my name is Eddie ive only been collecting a year but ive caught the disease quickly.
That tends to happen Eddie, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt