New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ranman106

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by ranman106 »

Just got my first 91/30 today! Adding it to my collection of M44's (2 Russian and 1 Hungarian)!! :D
7.62X54R, when you have to reach out and touch someone.
Bufford

Post by Bufford »

Hello all, new member here in AZ, little info on what I have currently, 1- Russian M44, 1- 1927 Tula hex receiver :shifty: M91/30, 1- 1944 Tula ex-sniper M91/30, and 1 1938 Izhevsk m91/30 and all get shot often.
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

Hello,
A friend told me about this place said I could learn tons about my mosins so glad to be a part of the forum and such.
Thank Eddie
I love my pain and she loves me just as much.... guns I don't worry my wife shoots better than me
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

I'll add some pics of my latest buy once i'm able thanks again
I love my pain and she loves me just as much.... guns I don't worry my wife shoots better than me
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

well did I do it wrong or not.... if other post show up sorry
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

thanks to who ever approved my posts now to go post pics and find out some info other than what I know already
badweatherbiker

Post by badweatherbiker »

Hello just bought my first Mosin, picked it out of a crate full of them but didn't really know what I was looking for I just grabbed the one that had the tightest bolt and smoothest action. I am going back to get another and will be reading all the valuable information on the site but can anyone help me identify some of the markings on this one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
romantic1

Post by romantic1 »

Hello friends,
My name is Roman and I just joined this forum. I own a 1928 hex and am very happy to have found you.
I'm writing from eastern Ontario, Canada.
romantic1

Post by romantic1 »

Hello,
My name is Roman and I'm writing from eastern Ontario, Canada. I own a 1928 hex-Tula
and am looking forward to learning about these rifles.
romantic1

Post by romantic1 »

Hello friends,
This is my third attempt to submit my first post.
Which link should I use to compose a post in the "Welcome"
forum?
Thanks, Roman
KG-w1

Post by KG-w1 »

I was given a 1928 Finnish m/27 (7.62x53r) and I am having a hard time finding ammo. Does anyone know where I can find it? It does not have the (D) marking. Thanks, Kane
KG-w1

Post by KG-w1 »

Hello, I am needing a little help finding ammo for my Finnish m/27, (7.62x53r). I purchased (7.62x54r) and found out it was the wrong size. After researching my gun I discovered why...lol...no (D). Also wondering how much it is worth. It is a 1928. Thanks, Kane
lgray3_utk

grenade launcher???

Post by lgray3_utk »

Hello all! First time mosin owner and forum poster! I recently picked up model 1944 with bayonet and (grenade launcher?) at least I think it is! I have only found two pictures of it on Google images and was hoping you could tell me more about it???
Thanks,
Larry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lgray3_utk

Grenade launcher?

Post by lgray3_utk »

Hello all! First time mosin owner and forum poster! I recently picked up model 1944 with bayonet and (grenade launcher?) at least I think it is! I have only found two pictures of it on Google images and was hoping you could tell me more about it??? All serial number match on barrel bolt and but plate!
Thanks
Larry
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

romantic1 wrote:Hello friends,
My name is Roman and I just joined this forum. I own a 1928 hex and am very happy to have found you.
I'm writing from eastern Ontario, Canada.
Welcome to the board Roman :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

KG-w1 wrote:I was given a 1928 Finnish m/27 (7.62x53r) and I am having a hard time finding ammo. Does anyone know where I can find it? It does not have the (D) marking. Thanks, Kane
Welcome to the board Kane, I have three boxes but it's collectable ammo, not for shooting, rare stuff. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, you will get more people to see it if you start it's own thread. :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: grenade launcher???

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

lgray3_utk wrote:Hello all! First time mosin owner and forum poster! I recently picked up model 1944 with bayonet and (grenade launcher?) at least I think it is! I have only found two pictures of it on Google images and was hoping you could tell me more about it???
Thanks,
Larry
Welcome to the board Larry, I don't have one, but maybe someone here knows about them. :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
p0gi

Post by p0gi »

Gretings from a new member from Europe! I recently added my first Mosin Nagant to my collection of Russian and Eastern block firearms.