New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BuckiLoy

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by BuckiLoy »

Hello from Ohio.
It's been so long since I registered, I forgot I did it. Took a part time job at Cabela's and can't keep up with my wife's "to do" list, let alone have time to play with my guns.
Bought my first M-N about a year ago, now I've three dated 1932, '33, and '42. I'm sure the information on this site will inform me where they were manufactured. I've cleaned and oiled them, haven't even shot them yet.
Happy New Year!
Loy
DieselDevilDog

Post by DieselDevilDog »

Hello. this is my first post.
I was in the Marines from 65' to 74'. I really miss my M-14. I joined a Sportsmans Club here in Michigan and they have a military shoot during the summer.
Not having a lot of cash, I started to look around for an inexpensive older military rifle and found the Mosin-Nagant. I ordered some go/no go gauges from Okie
and he mentioned your forum. So here I am. Looking for more info to help me buy my first rifle.
That's about it.

Semper Fi
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

leadcounsel wrote:New member here, with a broken Mosin Trigger. It's floppy. I have a new part which I think will fix it - a sear spring bolt - but cannot get the bolt out because the trigger is broken...

Any thoughts?
Welcome to the board. The trigger is so broken that there is nothing left up in there at all?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Collector Here

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Jg1943 wrote:Hi! I just got into the Mosin collecting world and found this forum. Currently I have a 1943 izhevsk 91/30, a 1935/50 Tula 91/30 laminate and a 1945 izhevsk m44. Can't wait to see what the forums have in store!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: crown damage? ect. please help.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

somni4rum wrote:Hello. I just got a 43 mosin. its a 91/30, I guess. its the longer one. heh, so you can tell my experience level. anyway it was un-issued, at least it was sold that way. all the numbers match, which I guess is pretty rare. dumb luck since all I was interested in was a good bore. I was just looking for a good inexpensive deer rifle, with open sights. I have only shot 40 rounds through it and have cleaned it four times, once after every session. maybe 40 patches total. I never used a steel brush, just patches. thing is, I used the steel rod that was under the barrel and no muzzle guard. whoops! did I ruin this pristine piece of history? needless to say I won't do it again. I can't tell you if it still shoots straight cuz I haven't got it sighted in yet. the thing was originally sighted in to be fired with the bayonet, I heard. anyway it shot about a foot right at 100 yards. what I can tell you is that on the crown, right where the rifling meets there is an ever so slight ditch. on top, left, right, and bottom. I mean its tiny, like thousands of an inch depressions. is this normal, on the crown, at the ends of the rifling, or did I some how grind tiny ditches in perfect symmetry? I would send a picture but its so slight my camera won't pick it up. I am in the wilderness, literally im in the frank church and I ran out of bullets before I got her zeroed. I have a hammer and punch to drift the sight and my last shot was about two inches right at a hundred, ditches and all. its dead tits up and down. so its driving me crazy I am obsessive and I can't sleep. please help. pictures of a normal crown and one ruined by cleaning rods, or reassurance, or scorn, anything would be helpful. Thank You. Justin McRoberts
Welcome to the board Justin, I think we may have taken care of some of your questions in another thread didn't we?
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: driftin the front post.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

somni4rum wrote:hello. I am having trouble getting my nagant just right, left to right. I was wondering. on the front sight there is a triangle stamp just off center. then on the base that hold the front sight, the part that is fixed to the barrel, there is a small verticle dash, like a line. is this supposed to line up with the bottom corner of the triangle when its sighted in, or is this just a coincidence?
Justin, open up a new topic on the Mosin forum so more members will see it. you will get more of a response that way that just here in the Hello I'm new topic.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BuckiLoy wrote:Hello from Ohio.
It's been so long since I registered, I forgot I did it. Took a part time job at Cabela's and can't keep up with my wife's "to do" list, let alone have time to play with my guns.
Bought my first M-N about a year ago, now I've three dated 1932, '33, and '42. I'm sure the information on this site will inform me where they were manufactured. I've cleaned and oiled them, haven't even shot them yet.
Happy New Year!
Loy
July member, you can open up a new topic on the Mosin forum and show off some pictures of these rifles :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

DieselDevilDog wrote:Hello. this is my first post.
I was in the Marines from 65' to 74'. I really miss my M-14. I joined a Sportsmans Club here in Michigan and they have a military shoot during the summer.
Not having a lot of cash, I started to look around for an inexpensive older military rifle and found the Mosin-Nagant. I ordered some go/no go gauges from Okie
and he mentioned your forum. So here I am. Looking for more info to help me buy my first rifle.
That's about it.

Semper Fi
Welcome to the board, you are either the first, or second new member of 2015, sorry, no prize for that :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
sullyman

1934 Mosin

Post by sullyman »

Hey there, I've had this a couple of months now and just got around to trying to figure out what i bought. i bought it sight unseen, from a friend. with shipping, FFL etc it was $150.00. If i paid too much, oh well, if i paid too little so much the better. Thinking of giving it to my nephew, but before that i just want to get an idea of the details. From what i have seen it was manufactured in 1934. I tried tracing proof marks, but after 2 hours i thought i reached the end of the internet...... :D
here are some pics. Any info on this beast would be appreciated. It looks like all the serial numbers match. But I don't know if these are original numbers or import serial numbers. Basically I am clueless on this piece.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morton Co

Post by Morton Co »

Good Morning. First post. Came to say I have Mosinitis and am not looking for rehabilitation, just encouragement to buy more Mosins and ammo. My first one was a 90/31 which was purchased in 2000 along with a few cases of ammo followed by a M48 Yugo mauser, C&R, more mausers, mosins, garands, M1 carbines, 1903's, SKS rifles, ammo for all.

Well.....you know where this is going.....
jonb

Post by jonb »

Hi

I have been a Mosin owner for two years , mine is a 1938 , all numbers matching, 91/30 in good condition.

As mentioned on the site it is a pleasure to own a piece of history and be able to shoot it on a regular basis.

Regards from the UK

Jon
Pet_My_Mosin

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

Hello there! I don't know how many female Mosin addicts there are on here, but add one to those ranks. I'm new to this love, but I'm totally hooked. Bought my first three weeks ago - 1933 Tula hex M91/30 - and have been hunting and fretting over my next since then. Glad to be here and hoping to learn a lot.
duvall172

Post by duvall172 »

Good afternoon, everybody! As of last week, I'm the new owner of a Russian M44. I've spent most of the past couple of days searching online for any info on my "new" rifle and I came across this forum. I've learned more in 2 hours than I have since I started researching Mosins months ago. Glad you're here and I'm glad I am too.
Sharkman

Post by Sharkman »

Hey guys,
As of 11:45 today I became the owner of a 1929 M1891/30 Mosin Nagant with a hex receiver. I have been researching Mosin's for the past few months and referenced this forum many times. Really hoping to learn the specifics behind the Mosin Nagant, specifically mine. Glad I found you guys.
1929 Izhevsk M91/30 Hex Receiver "Ex-Dragoon"
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

:welcome3:
Sharkman wrote:Hey guys,
As of 11:45 today I became the owner of a 1929 M1891/30 Mosin Nagant with a hex receiver. I have been researching Mosin's for the past few months and referenced this forum many times. Really hoping to learn the specifics behind the Mosin Nagant, specifically mine. Glad I found you guys.
sniper58

Post by sniper58 »

Hi everyone,
New here, just finished registering.
I had been thinking of picking up a Mosin for a while, and found a dealer here (in Canada) that's offering a 91/30 + 1000 rounds of Chinese ammo for $399. I went for it!

I'll be doing a lot of reading here and will certainly learn everything I need to know about the rifles.
ChargerFury

Post by ChargerFury »

Was on here maybe years ago? Life happened and forgot all about what name and all that I used or if it was even this board. Anyway I love mosins and this is the place. So hope to read some good stuff.
thomasda

Post by thomasda »

Hello world.
My name is thomasda, i'm french.
Currently I have a 1937 Tula 91/30, a ruger 22/45 mkiii target and a cz75b omega for shooting sports.
I'm here to consultation this forum about Mosin Nagant.
My English is bad, i'm sorry. :mrgreen:
Happy new year. :toast:
thomasda

Post by thomasda »

Hello world.
My name is thomasda, i'm french.
Currently I have a 1937 Tula 91/30, a ruger 22/45 mkiii target and a cz75b omega for shooting sports.
I'm here to consultation this forum about Mosin Nagant.
My English is bad, i'm sorry. :mrgreen:
Happy new year. :toast:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Morton Co wrote:Good Morning. First post. Came to say I have Mosinitis and am not looking for rehabilitation, just encouragement to buy more Mosins and ammo. My first one was a 90/31 which was purchased in 2000 along with a few cases of ammo followed by a M48 Yugo mauser, C&R, more mausers, mosins, garands, M1 carbines, 1903's, SKS rifles, ammo for all.

Well.....you know where this is going.....
Welcome to the board, by all means, buy more Mosins :twisted: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt