New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
slewfoot

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by slewfoot »

like to know if there is any screw type barrel bands for the 91/30 mosin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

slewfoot wrote:like to know if there is any screw type barrel bands for the 91/30 mosin
No, only for the original M1891 long rifle, not the 91/30, Welcome to the board.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

RenoJames wrote:Hi, My name is Reno, I am a Mosin-aholic

Next step: a legit PU sniper :pointleft: :pointup:
Welcome to the board Reno. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Henry Bowman wrote:New Member here. I have a couple of Mosins and a lot of questions. Glad to be here.

Henry Bowman
Welcome to the board, :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ar_mosin wrote:Hi guys, Ryan here just bought my first mosin have a few other fire arms as the name suggests. 1942 izhevsk with a Westinghouse stock with press escuteons and a brass cap upper lol otherwise numbers matching
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Leed709 wrote:Hello my handle is Leed709 and I live in Centeral Texas. Today I brought my first Mosin Nagant 91/30 This rifle was made in 1939 the same year that I was borned.
Welcome to the board senior citizen :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
martkin64

Post by martkin64 »

I made it!
QCI Mosins

Post by QCI Mosins »

Hi, I'm Clint, and I live on the Queen Charlotte Islands, on Canada's West Coast. Been collecting military rifles for 20 years, and several Mosins have passed through my hands. Had to sell most of them, due to financial difficulties, but I am buying new ones again. Sure miss my M-38's.... :cry:
When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!
Jdawg3128

Post by Jdawg3128 »

Hey Guys and Gals Im new to the whole forum thing and Me and my Father just got our first Mosin Nagant and i got pretty lucky on i was able to get a 1925 Tula Hex in great condition and plan on shooting it on Sunday. Hopefully ill become a more know member of the community on here but i have Fallen in love with Mosin Nagants
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Jdawg3128 wrote:Hey Guys and Gals Im new to the whole forum thing and Me and my Father just got our first Mosin Nagant and i got pretty lucky on i was able to get a 1925 Tula Hex in great condition and plan on shooting it on Sunday. Hopefully ill become a more know member of the community on here but i have Fallen in love with Mosin Nagants
Welcome to the board, starting off with an ex dragoon, nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Motorradfahrer

Post by Motorradfahrer »

Hello, all! I've always been a big fan of the SKS and never really looked at mosins much until recently. Had an excuse to start researching and like what I see of course.... A friend has several that he's been looking to get rid of so I'm going to buy at least 3 of them and start the collection of right :) I'll be starting with a 91/30, an M44, and an M38. He has a couple of others I'm still considering but I've already bought the SKS he had so trying not to spend too much. Looking forward to getting out to the range soon and trying them out!
Ehtball

Post by Ehtball »

hi to everyone here.
I've was bitten by the Mosin bug several years ago and finally stumbled on this sight. thought I'd share my affliction and a couple of pics of an interesting and recent acquisition on the collection thread.
T-trex

Post by T-trex »

Hello All,
Was a former member but must have been deactivated due to inactivity. Love the site and happy to be back. Hope to find more time to enjoy my 1945 Tula and 1956 Russian SKS.

Tom
dohcsvt

Post by dohcsvt »

New to mosins, not to milsuprs. Just a bot a PU sniper and am pretty amazed with its accuracy!
Tzar Lonza

Post by Tzar Lonza »

I got my first Mosin Nagant in 2010 I have quite a collection now 1 91/30 sniper Tula, 2 M44 carbine, 20 91/30 (and create), and 1 91/30 ugly gun (91/30 with the archangel stock, scope rail, and 4x45 scope)
Patriot1776

New Guy with two Mosins

Post by Patriot1776 »

I'm from Williston Nd/ New York. I just picked up my first two Mosins a 1929 Izhevsk hex and a 1943 Izhevsk. I will deff be asking and posting pics to know all I can.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

martkin64 wrote:I made it!
Yes you did, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

QCI Mosins wrote:Hi, I'm Clint, and I live on the Queen Charlotte Islands, on Canada's West Coast. Been collecting military rifles for 20 years, and several Mosins have passed through my hands. Had to sell most of them, due to financial difficulties, but I am buying new ones again. Sure miss my M-38's.... :cry:
Well, thanks to import restrictions we didn't get your rifles down here, welcome to the board :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Motorradfahrer wrote:Hello, all! I've always been a big fan of the SKS and never really looked at mosins much until recently. Had an excuse to start researching and like what I see of course.... A friend has several that he's been looking to get rid of so I'm going to buy at least 3 of them and start the collection of right :) I'll be starting with a 91/30, an M44, and an M38. He has a couple of others I'm still considering but I've already bought the SKS he had so trying not to spend too much. Looking forward to getting out to the range soon and trying them out!
Welcome to the board , that is a good start for the collection. :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ehtball wrote:hi to everyone here.
I've was bitten by the Mosin bug several years ago and finally stumbled on this sight. thought I'd share my affliction and a couple of pics of an interesting and recent acquisition on the collection thread.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt