New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Rongo »

:alien:

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
igorgrujovski

Post by igorgrujovski »

Hey guys,

I want to buy a Mosin-Nagant rifle here in my country(Macedonia). And sadly there is only one on offer. The price is 250 euros it come with two stocks. The year is 1936 and it is a Tula I think based on my research. I will post some pictures too and I want you to tell me if it is worth buying, and please tell me if you have some more information about the rifle.

http://reklama5.mk/AdDetails?ad=1226757

You can see the rifle on the link above.

Please give me some advice, this is my first Mosin.

Best regards,
Grujovski Igor
JohnWayne97

Post by JohnWayne97 »

Howdy everyone. June 24, 2014 I bought my first gun and it just so happened to be a Mosin. Lucky Me!!! :D
wingshots

Post by wingshots »

Hello to all. Just found your great Website a few days ago while trying to ID my newly acquired 91/30.
I have never owned a Mosin Nagant before. I think I'm hooked!
I have definitely found a new hobby.
Randy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re:

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

igorgrujovski wrote:Hey guys,

I want to buy a Mosin-Nagant rifle here in my country(Macedonia). And sadly there is only one on offer. The price is 250 euros it come with two stocks. The year is 1936 and it is a Tula I think based on my research. I will post some pictures too and I want you to tell me if it is worth buying, and please tell me if you have some more information about the rifle.

http://reklama5.mk/AdDetails?ad=1226757

You can see the rifle on the link above.

Please give me some advice, this is my first Mosin.

Best regards,
Grujovski Igor
Welcome to the board, the other stock is probably the original military stock, the one on there is a new replacement used for sporting purposes. The rest of the rifle looks OK, bottom line is if it's the only one available then choice is not an issue, it's this or nothing. The price probably reflects the added cost of the new stock, I would have expected a higher price in a market were it's the only one of it's kind available.
Whoops, I failed to see that this rifle is not a 91/30, it is a 91/59, this is a carbine that was produced using cut down 91/30 actions and is known for it's accuracy and quality of build. These are hard to find here in the states and we had 1000's imported here. I have a 1936 Tula M91/59 myself, it's one of my best shooting Mosins, and definitely the best shooting Mosin carbine. The 91/59 was patterned after the M38 carbine, however because the barrel was for a 91/30 rifle it's slightly thicker than the M38 barrel. The price is in line with what this would bring here in the US, in fact it would probably go for more here. I would suggest grabbing it while you can. The reasons why the communists made these is still clouded in secrecy, nobody has yet come up with documented evidence as to who, where, or why, however there are many theory's.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JohnWayne97 wrote:Howdy everyone. June 24, 2014 I bought my first gun and it just so happened to be a Mosin. Lucky Me!!! :D
Welcome to the board pilgrim :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

wingshots wrote:Hello to all. Just found your great Website a few days ago while trying to ID my newly acquired 91/30.
I have never owned a Mosin Nagant before. I think I'm hooked!
I have definitely found a new hobby.
Randy
Welcome to the board Randy. :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
elodia

Post by elodia »

Hello everyone,

Just found this board a few days ago and I'm trying to learn about mosin nagants.
Nice to meet you all.
BorisBadenov

Post by BorisBadenov »

Hi all! Long time Mosin shooter; newbie to the forums here. Here are a few of my Russian rifles....

1. 1904 Sestroryetsk M91

2. 1932 Tula M91/30

3. 1943 Izhevsk PU M91/30

4. 1941 Izhevsk Tokarev SVT-40
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

elodia wrote:Hello everyone,

Just found this board a few days ago and I'm trying to learn about mosin nagants.
Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BorisBadenov wrote:Hi all! Long time Mosin shooter; newbie to the forums here. Here are a few of my Russian rifles....

1. 1904 Sestroryetsk M91

2. 1932 Tula M91/30

3. 1943 Izhevsk PU M91/30

4. 1941 Izhevsk Tokarev SVT-40
Welcome to the board, nice collection :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Mullen Coins

Post by Mullen Coins »

New Mosin-Nagant owner and will be posting images in the next day or so. Much to learn.
Hardlock513

Post by Hardlock513 »

Tim from Cincinnati here. Just bought my 6th Mosin today. Need to do some research. Hope you guys can help. :)
Mosin Nagant RN

Post by Mosin Nagant RN »

I just purchased a 1933 Mosin Nagant 91/30 Hex from my LGS. I didn't intend to purchase anything, but was quite accidently introduced to them & brought one home. I was very intrigued from the discussion w/ the staff. I found 3 serial numbers, one on the bayonet, bolt, & receiver. All three are the numbers "916".

I'm going to educate myself well prior to a date at the range.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hardlock513 wrote:Tim from Cincinnati here. Just bought my 6th Mosin today. Need to do some research. Hope you guys can help. :)
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Layawayarmsdotcom wrote:Hello I'm Kent I bought a Mosin Dragoon few days ago.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Mosin Nagant RN wrote:I just purchased a 1933 Mosin Nagant 91/30 Hex from my LGS. I didn't intend to purchase anything, but was quite accidently introduced to them & brought one home. I was very intrigued from the discussion w/ the staff. I found 3 serial numbers, one on the bayonet, bolt, & receiver. All three are the numbers "916".

Welcome to the board , don't read too much into the serial numbers, they were deliberately swapped around to confuse the enemy as to production totals, . The 10,000th rifle made that year could have been numbered 916. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Mosin Nagant RN wrote:I just purchased a 1933 Mosin Nagant 91/30 Hex from my LGS. I didn't intend to purchase anything, but was quite accidently introduced to them & brought one home. I was very intrigued from the discussion w/ the staff. I found 3 serial numbers, one on the bayonet, bolt, & receiver. All three are the numbers "916".

Welcome to the board , don't read too much into the serial numbers, they were deliberately swapped around to confuse the enemy as to production totals, . The 10,000th rifle made that year could have been numbered 916. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Russians are soooooo paranoid.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:alien:

More new members! :vcool: :vcool:

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Varangian

Post by Varangian »

Hi everyone. First time poster, long time lurker of the board. I got into collecting mosins earlier this year and now have 6 of them (soon to be seven this week). Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing some of the less common rifles that pop up from time to time.