New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

willy n wrote:Hi just bought a m91/30 !939 I am looking for info Willy
Welcome to the board Willy :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dakak wrote:Hey everyone

I am Dak from Ga. I have been in to AKs for a while and then bought one of classic firearms b grade stock mosin 91 30 last month on a whim....I got a 1942 izhevsk. The stock is scuffed up and the blueing is rough...but after cleaning it and shooting it at the local wma range I am in love. I did add the brass stacker mount and ran a red dot since the pistol scope I ordered was delayed. Had a blast with the surplus ammo. Every time I hold Natasha...(my name for her) ...I think about who have shot the gun in combat...or if the person was killed or wounded...how many people were shot with it...can't wait to take it out with the new scope on it since my eyesight is so bad.

Now...I have the bug and thinking about another...the laminate hex receivers or the m44 that classic has....even the sniper. I have read the posts on here about that and may go to rguns..or wait.

Thanks everyone for all the information posted. Great community here. :thumbsup:
Welcome to the board Dak :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mauser 243

Post by mauser 243 »

Hi I'm new to this forum and glad to be here and I have a severe case of MOSINITIS!!!! :D
promariner65

question about 1939 tula

Post by promariner65 »

Hi,
quick question about a 1939 Tula mosin nagant I spotted at LGS. I noticed that the cross bolt on one side of the stock was NOT in the finger groove. All the other nagants cross bolts were in the finger groove. The only other information I can remember is....there was a square box by the Tula star. The stock was solid wood with a very small repair to it. I am sorry for lack of information, but I only had a few minutes till the LGS closed. The numbers appeared to match with the exception of the magazine, which was re-stamped. Any information and advice is appreciated. Thanks
zchhdsll

Post by zchhdsll »

Hello, my name is Zach. found a mosin with all matching numbers with bayo tula 1939 round receiver new condition will post a thread in a sec. just came to say hi :)
promariner65

Post by promariner65 »

I found the answer....sorry. I am narrowing my choices and plan to purchase on the 18th or 19th. The first gun store has a 1939 tula with matching numbers except for the magazine. It comes with all accessories. Price $169. Second store has nice laminated stocks, 5 to choose from and includes all accessories. Price $155. They also do firearm transfers for only $10. Third store is the closest...but no accessories. Unless I can get them for under $150....forget it.
Don't flame me....I am just stating my choices as I see it.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

promariner65 wrote:I found the answer....sorry. I am narrowing my choices and plan to purchase on the 18th or 19th. The first gun store has a 1939 tula with matching numbers except for the magazine. It comes with all accessories. Price $169. Second store has nice laminated stocks, 5 to choose from and includes all accessories. Price $155. They also do firearm transfers for only $10. Third store is the closest...but no accessories. Unless I can get them for under $150....forget it.
Don't flame me....I am just stating my choices as I see it.
Welcome to the board, flame you? For not wanting to pay too much for something? I happen to believe the store band at the grocery store is perfectly good eating, generic aspirin is the same as name brand, used cars are perfectly good, clothing should be patched and worn until it falls to dust. I am a huge believer in not paying too much! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Riverman

Hello all 1943 Ishevsk Ex-sniper issue

Post by Riverman »

Just bought my first 91/30 a couple of months back finally got out to shoot her last week.
My issue is after loading the magazine and engaging the bolt the bolt grabs the first round and drags the 2nd round forward which is causing it to jam.
I've read the forums and watched video on how to load a 91/30 so I know I'm loading the riffle right.
I'm thinking it's the ammo all I've shot is Tul 148 GR. FMJ non-corrosive.
Anybody have any thoughts or ideas?
evinrude

Post by evinrude »

Just got my first Mosin a week ago. A 1942 - M91/30 Izhevsk. I wish I'd done this years ago. I've always shot Enfields, 7.62 is so much more affordable than .303 and just as fun. I've learned a lot reading these forums.
WeldonHunter

Re: Hello all 1943 Ishevsk Ex-sniper issue

Post by WeldonHunter »

Riverman wrote:Just bought my first 91/30 a couple of months back finally got out to shoot her last week.
My issue is after loading the magazine and engaging the bolt the bolt grabs the first round and drags the 2nd round forward which is causing it to jam.
I've read the forums and watched video on how to load a 91/30 so I know I'm loading the riffle right.
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like rimlock and may have one of many things causing it. Go here viewforum.php?f=5 and make a post about it and you'll get more responses then here along with possible causes and solutions. This is just the welcome thread and it's not monitored as closely as the main Collectible Mosin Nagant Forum is.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Hello all 1943 Ishevsk Ex-sniper issue

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Riverman wrote:Just bought my first 91/30 a couple of months back finally got out to shoot her last week.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

evinrude wrote:Just got my first Mosin a week ago. A 1942 - M91/30 Izhevsk. I wish I'd done this years ago. I've always shot Enfields, 7.62 is so much more affordable than .303 and just as fun. I've learned a lot reading these forums.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dougmo wrote:If you have one Mosin and you buy three more, how many do you have?
Not enough.

-dougmo
True, welcome to the board :lol: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Cjlewisenfield

Post by Cjlewisenfield »

Hello. Finally worked out how to post. Unfortunately I am using a smart phone at this time and not a decent sized computer screen. I am an Enfield collector. However, I have just bought my second Mosin Nagant and shooting it recently has made me reappraise the one I bought back in 2006. The one I have just bought is. PE Sniper. My original one is a PU a Sniper. The PU is untouched and original. Any way I loot forward to viewing this forum and contributing if and when I am able to.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cjlewisenfield wrote:Hello. Finally worked out how to post. Unfortunately I am using a smart phone at this time and not a decent sized computer screen. I am an Enfield collector. However, I have just bought my second Mosin Nagant and shooting it recently has made me reappraise the one I bought back in 2006. The one I have just bought is. PE Sniper. My original one is a PU a Sniper. The PU is untouched and original. Any way I loot forward to viewing this forum and contributing if and when I am able to.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Hi I'm here

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

kc0yef wrote:Hi I'm here
:BBQ2:

Almost a Tula
:attn:
Yes you are, welcome to the board :lol: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
wilmaya

Post by wilmaya »

I'm Happy to have found and become a member of this site. First of all I'm from NJ and will be accquiring my 1st Mosin soon.
It will be a father-son project for restoration purposes and shooting. Hope we find a nice one.

Will
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

wilmaya wrote:I'm Happy to have found and become a member of this site. First of all I'm from NJ and will be accquiring my 1st Mosin soon.
It will be a father-son project for restoration purposes and shooting. Hope we find a nice one.

Will
Welcome to the forum Will. May I ask what kind of restoration you plan to do?
wilmaya

Post by wilmaya »

WeldonHunter, First of all I plan to to do the basic's, cleaning and making it look presentable. More of taking care off any of the imperfections in the
stock but that all depends on what we find. It's a starter for us since we are new.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

wilmaya wrote:WeldonHunter, First of all I plan to to do the basic's, cleaning and making it look presentable. More of taking care off any of the imperfections in the
stock but that all depends on what we find. It's a starter for us since we are new.
Rule number one, never alter the finish on any antique, as this has the immediate effect of altering it's value downward. As a piece of history a rifle that old is expected to have some dings, and scrapes, chipped shellac, only because of the post WW2 Soviet rebuilding program does it have any finish on metal or wood at all. The world is full of brand new pretty sporters with their spotless finishes, leave them to the Nancy Boys, real mens weapons will have the signs of real use on them, and soldiers have never been known to go easy on their weapons finish.
Theodore Roosevelt