New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MrCatch22

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by MrCatch22 »

Hello, I own only two historic firearms at the moment. The first is a 1942 Tula-built Mosin Nagant 91/30, and the second is a 1926 Spanish Mauser, Model 1916.
kollector03

Post by kollector03 »

Hello.

Don (kollector03) from MN. Found this site while researching a Finnish M39 Bayonet that came my way.

Looks to be a nice place to discuss Mosins and Milsurps and share information.
BC Canuck

Post by BC Canuck »

Hi, I am a new member and yes I have a Mosin addiction. I have just made a purchase from an online gun store which did not know what they were selling as they advertised the rifle as a m44 carbine. The rifle they sent me is a 1901 Izhevsk carbine measuring 42.5" with an un hooded sight and PA stamped on the receiver. They offered to give me a full refund and shipping cost to ship it back and I declined. So its Finnish, made in Russia and looks a lot like the 1907 carbine which is only 40". It also is not designed to fit a bayonet. I have not been able to find any info on this gun, has anyone got any idea what this early carbine could be? The stories these guns could tell one could only imagine.

Thanks
Tex

Post by Tex »

I would like to tell you a little bit about me as I have been a Collector of Mosin/Nagant Carbine and SKS's for over 35+ years. I have large interest in the Chinese Type 53 Carbines, as I have very good friend of mine that is in the process of writing the first in depth book dealing with "Post War Mosin Nagant Rifle & Carbines, History, Development and Operational use of these rifles and carbines". I have posted a number of times on gunboards and SKS Suvior boards over a number of years. I look forward to meeting new members on this board that has the same interest so we can share information on these subjects of SKS's and Mosin Nagant Carbines and accessories.
Tex
Tex

Post by Tex »

I collect Chinese Type 53 Carbines and accessories of Vietnam period and later and all other M-44 Carbines, Russian, Romanian, Hungarian and Polish and SKS's for the last 35+ years. I look forward to making new friends on this board that have the same interest and likes to share information on the above subjects.
Tex
rgr275

Post by rgr275 »

rgr275 is posting first post. Love my mosin. Talk with you guys later.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Mishra wrote:Hello,
I've got 2 Molot PU Snipers and was hoping to get some info on them.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

gopedxr7 wrote:hi, i am allen. i just ordered my first mosin a M44. hopefully i will get it soon. i am kind of excited about what i may get
Good morning Allen, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

TBSDave wrote:Hi I'm here (that is what the e-mail said to say :-P)
and so you said it :lol: Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

MrCatch22 wrote:Hello, I own only two historic firearms at the moment. The first is a 1942 Tula-built Mosin Nagant 91/30, and the second is a 1926 Spanish Mauser, Model 1916.
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

kollector03 wrote:Hello.

Don (kollector03) from MN. Found this site while researching a Finnish M39 Bayonet that came my way.

Looks to be a nice place to discuss Mosins and Milsurps and share information.
Welcome to the board Don, have we seen pics of this M39 bayonet yet?? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BC Canuck wrote:Hi, I am a new member and yes I have a Mosin addiction. I have just made a purchase from an online gun store which did not know what they were selling as they advertised the rifle as a m44 carbine. The rifle they sent me is a 1901 Izhevsk carbine measuring 42.5" with an un hooded sight and PA stamped on the receiver. They offered to give me a full refund and shipping cost to ship it back and I declined. So its Finnish, made in Russia and looks a lot like the 1907 carbine which is only 40". It also is not designed to fit a bayonet. I have not been able to find any info on this gun, has anyone got any idea what this early carbine could be? The stories these guns could tell one could only imagine.

Thanks
Sounds like you may have scored a 91/38, these were carbines made from cut down M1891 rifles, PA is not a Finn stamp, that would be SA, of course we will need to see photos of what this is in order to have much of a clue about it.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

turdboman wrote:Hi, just got a 1944 M44 in great shape . the serial number is 1776 I thought that was cool !
That is cool , welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tex wrote:I would like to tell you a little bit about me as I have been a Collector of Mosin/Nagant Carbine and SKS's for over 35+ years. I have large interest in the Chinese Type 53 Carbines, as I have very good friend of mine that is in the process of writing the first in depth book dealing with "Post War Mosin Nagant Rifle & Carbines, History, Development and Operational use of these rifles and carbines". I have posted a number of times on gunboards and SKS Suvior boards over a number of years. I look forward to meeting new members on this board that has the same interest so we can share information on these subjects of SKS's and Mosin Nagant Carbines and accessories.
Tex
Welcome to the board Tex :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rgr275 wrote:rgr275 is posting first post. Love my mosin. Talk with you guys later.
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
willy n

Post by willy n »

Hi just bought a m91/30 !939 I am looking for info Willy
willy n

Post by willy n »

Hi thanks fer the welcome willy
Dakak

Post by Dakak »

Hey everyone

I am Dak from Ga. I have been in to AKs for a while and then bought one of classic firearms b grade stock mosin 91 30 last month on a whim....I got a 1942 izhevsk. The stock is scuffed up and the blueing is rough...but after cleaning it and shooting it at the local wma range I am in love. I did add the brass stacker mount and ran a red dot since the pistol scope I ordered was delayed. Had a blast with the surplus ammo. Every time I hold Natasha...(my name for her) ...I think about who have shot the gun in combat...or if the person was killed or wounded...how many people were shot with it...can't wait to take it out with the new scope on it since my eyesight is so bad.

Now...I have the bug and thinking about another...the laminate hex receivers or the m44 that classic has....even the sniper. I have read the posts on here about that and may go to rguns..or wait.

Thanks everyone for all the information posted. Great community here. :thumbsup:
willy n

Post by willy n »

Hi my name is bill hope this site is interisting
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mike97xj1 wrote:Hi my name is mike. This forum is a wealth of knowledge
Welcome to the board Mike :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt