New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bruinchris wrote:Hi all, new member here,

Just posted the mosin sniper pics I got from Classic Arms. It was on sale but I sure hope its real!

v/r

Chris
Welcome to the board Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

delta1 wrote:Hello members, I am Tim AKA delta1. I have been lurking for some time now and have had an interest in the MN Tula sniper. I bought one recently and am gleaning as much information as I can.
Great site and glad to be here.
Regards
Welcome to the board Tim :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

MattGT35R wrote:Hello from Utah! I just started getting interested in mosins and figured this would be the best place to learn :)
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

91warrior_rider wrote:Hello, new from Az figured I would find a forum that favors a gun I've had since I was 16 the mosin. I now own two one of which I just ordered a archangel stock for. Hopefully I'll be able to get insight as to better knowing the gun as well as the people that own them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Thatguym1a wrote:Hello to all,
I currently own a M44 which i took out of the original stock as some one painted it and i put it into the Arch angel stock. I have a 91/30 as well which is all original with all matching numbers.
And don't hate me, but i just picked up a new one that i fell in love with at first site due to the wood on this little beauty, or as many of you know it as that special SKY M38 riffle i think. which is what i am learning all about now.
its got the SKY markings on both the barrel and the stock . the one on the stock has 1940 below the big S. there are other makers marks on the barrel, SA which is on one side and the bottoms are faded like a poor stamp mark, another marking which might be wrong is 36(or g) s (with the 3 little barbs above it) and either a backwards C & D or od - 36SCD how it would read
their is also two more S marks on the receiver, one is a just small S, the other is a Smaller S with 3 lines above and below it and center is the 1940 mark on the barrel and the SK.Y and a S with the 3 lines above it in a flowery type circle.

I know its hard to tell by description but its pretty awesome! for what ever reason i am not this forum savy and cant figure out how to post photos yet!
Thanks for any info!
Jeff
Welcome to the board, post up some photos of the Finn rifle and we will see what you have, I am not sure if you are saying you have a M38 carbine, M39 rifle, or one of the other Finn's like the M28/30. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
BigNick762

Post by BigNick762 »

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick Thomas. I was sent here by Chuck Hankins.
I'm looking forward to learning and sharing information with everyone!

I'm the proud owner of a 1942 Izhevsk M91/30, I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm in love with it. It's an absolute joy to shoot.
As of now, it's all taken apart for a real good, thorough cleaning. (The cosmoline is a pain.)

Anyhow, Hello everyone! :thumbsup:
slim78

Post by slim78 »

Hello, just signed up, looking for info on my first Mosin, found and discovered the forum while searching. Haven't cleaned it yet or looked at any numbers. Very clean though.
Mosin-Marauder

Post by Mosin-Marauder »

Hi, Mosin-Marauder here, just wanted to say hi to everyone.
AmericanPower

Post by AmericanPower »

Hey everyone, just picked up my first mosin last week, still on the 10 day waiting period so no pictures yet but it is a 1933 hex, just wondering how rare this one is. It's in decent shape and all the numbers appear to match. Let me know!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New member

Post by Longcolt44 »

BigNick762 wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a 1942 Izhevsk M91/30, I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm in love with it. It's an absolute joy to shoot.
As of now, it's all taken apart for a real good, thorough cleaning. (The cosmoline is a pain.)

Glad you made it Nick, this goes for the rest of you also. When you get them all cleaned up post some pictures. We love pictures.
Chuck aka Longcolt44
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New member

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BigNick762 wrote:Hello everyone,

Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

slim78 wrote:Hello, just signed up, looking for info on my first Mosin, found and discovered the forum while searching. Haven't cleaned it yet or looked at any numbers. Very clean though.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

AmericanPower wrote:Hey everyone, just picked up my first mosin last week, still on the 10 day waiting period so no pictures yet but it is a 1933 hex, just wondering how rare this one is. It's in decent shape and all the numbers appear to match. Let me know!
Welcome to the board, we wait on the pictures to determine how rare it is.
Theodore Roosevelt
Emmitt

Post by Emmitt »

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Thanks,
Emmitt
filmtex

Post by filmtex »

Greetings. My name is filmtex and I just purchased my first rifle. Just waiting for it to be shipped. I'm looking forward to participating in the forum.
USN 1971-1975
Old Warrior

Post by Old Warrior »

My name is Lee and I'm new here. I have been using Mosin Nagant rifles since the 1970's and just love them. I have 2 at the moment but am really looking for a genuine sniper with all matching numbers. Hope to see you all around!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Emmitt wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Thanks,
Emmitt
Welcome to the board Emmitt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

filmtex wrote:Greetings. My name is filmtex and I just purchased my first rifle. Just waiting for it to be shipped. I'm looking forward to participating in the forum.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Old Warrior wrote:My name is Lee and I'm new here. I have been using Mosin Nagant rifles since the 1970's and just love them. I have 2 at the moment but am really looking for a genuine sniper with all matching numbers. Hope to see you all around!
Welcome to the board Lee, I don't recall seeing too many Mosins around in the 70's. Rifles and ammo were thin on the ground except for when one of the SCW rifles imported back in the 50's turned up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
nap

Post by nap »

Hi, I'm "Nap". I just joined. I'm trying to find an old Samco Mosin Sniper w/o the scope, base and mount like they sold when they first came in. I remember them being stamped matching. Anyway I thought this would be a good place to look! I'll post in the marketplace and hope something will turn up! Thanks Nap