New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
AzureCuzYeah

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by AzureCuzYeah »

I just bought my first mosin nagant a week ago. It is a 1943 Tula with a round receiver and the numbers 345.
ithinkitscharlie

Post by ithinkitscharlie »

Hi all. Just joined today. I have a 1936 Izhevsk that I have not yet cleaned and fired...that is why I joined to this forum to learn the tricks with the Mosin.
ithinkitscharlie

Post by ithinkitscharlie »

Here are a few pics...

B47mark

Post by B47mark »

New member from Texas. I've been shooting my model 44 for about five years and love it. I think I bought it new for $50 bucks. It's my second favorite rifle next to my M1A. I also own a refurbed Pu sniper and a pristine model M 39.

My buddy who introduced me to the Mosin said the Russians used them for everything from a shooter to a hammer to a boat oar. Love the simple yet robust design, and cheap surplus ammo!

Mark
tommy_p

Post by tommy_p »

Hi All, I'm new here, having just discovered the forum while searching for my first Mosin. I'd be very interested to hear from any/all of you with suggestions about "daily shooters" . There seems to be quite a few different sources for these beautiful old milsurp weapons, enough to make one waffle back and forth about just where to buy from..?
Anyway, glad to be here and hope I can make some worthwhile contribution to the forum in the future. :)
jnomad2000

Post by jnomad2000 »

Hello,
New to Forum, have 2 91/30's a PU Sniper on the way.
This will push me to buy a larger display case I guess :-)
Malice101

Howdy from SoCal...

Post by Malice101 »

Just got my "first" Mosin Nagant :biggrin: 1929 Tula Hex triple dated (29/47/53 MO) with laminated stock. Spent the morning cleaning off the cosmo. What fun! In all honesty I went in to Big5 only knowing hexes were kind of the way to go and they had one. Really didn't know what I got until I picked it up after the waiting period aside from it being a hex and the pertinent numbers matched. Got her home and went down discovery lane. Had no idea double and triple dated were desirable so the triple dated MO was purely dumb luck. She cleaned up real nice though the stock is a little beat up, nothing major, just some character dings really. Once cleaned I finally shouldered her. Hard to do in the store when they are drenched in cosmo. Damn things really do have a short LOP don't they? Very barrel heavy but sights up nicely/easily. Not looking forward to having that lovely metal butt plate leaving a lasting impression but can't wait to send some rounds down range.

I had intended to get one to drop in to an Archangel stock (which I already purchased while waiting) with a Timney trigger but this one ain't the one. Knowing what I know now she'll just stay the way she is...

That's my story for now...damn thing is covered in all manner of markings/symbols. Oval with a cross on the stock. Little triangles and stars here and there...all kinds of stuff to try and figure out :ugeek:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

"an Archangel stock (which I already purchased while waiting) with a Timney trigger "

:vomit1: :vomit1: :vomit2: :vomit2: :vomit3: :vomit3:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

hrodgar wrote:Hi all,
I am Martin, from and living in Germany.
I inherited two Mosin Nagants from my father some years ago, along with some other guns.
After approx 20 years of shooting the old american rifles like Sharps, Remington Rolling Block and alike I have changed onto the inherited european bolt action rifles, my father did love so much.

One of them a I would refer to as M44 as it has a foldable bayonett.
The other one is an already altered 91/30. It has got an octagon receiver but is stamped 1943 at Tikkakowski / Finland.
The stock seems to be a russian one.
So far the "historical" alterations.

Another - new - alteration: It has got a replica PU scope mount!!! Grrr....

Best, I can do for the gun is to replace replica parts by original ones, isn't it?
I could ge an original PU scope an the upper part of the mount.
Shall I look for the original lower part?

Best regards
Martin

PS. pls excuse me for my bad english... it's not my native language...
:-)
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BPPhotog wrote:Brian the photographer, here.
Just learning about some of these fine old rifles.
Got my eye on a Norinco SKS if a price can be agreed upon.
Looking forward to learning more about it, here.
Welcome to the board, we could use a good photographer around here, some of us can't manage a good photo even with a modern wonder camera that isn't supposed to be able to take a bad one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

hornychief wrote:Hi everyone. Glad to finally join a board dedicated to historic firearms.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ithinkitscharlie wrote:Hi all. Just joined today. I have a 1936 Izhevsk that I have not yet cleaned and fired...that is why I joined to this forum to learn the tricks with the Mosin.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

B47mark wrote:New member from Texas. I've been shooting my model 44 for about five years and love it. I think I bought it new for $50 bucks. It's my second favorite rifle next to my M1A. I also own a refurbed Pu sniper and a pristine model M 39.

My buddy who introduced me to the Mosin said the Russians used them for everything from a shooter to a hammer to a boat oar. Love the simple yet robust design, and cheap surplus ammo!

Mark
Welcome to the board Mark :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tommy_p wrote:Hi All, I'm new here, having just discovered the forum while searching for my first Mosin. I'd be very interested to hear from any/all of you with suggestions about "daily shooters" . There seems to be quite a few different sources for these beautiful old milsurp weapons, enough to make one waffle back and forth about just where to buy from..?
Anyway, glad to be here and hope I can make some worthwhile contribution to the forum in the future. :)
Welcome to the board Tommy, you buy them were you find them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jnomad2000 wrote:Hello,
New to Forum, have 2 91/30's a PU Sniper on the way.
This will push me to buy a larger display case I guess :-)
Welcome to the board, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Thatguym1a

Post by Thatguym1a »

Hello to all,
I currently own a M44 which i took out of the original stock as some one painted it and i put it into the Arch angel stock. I have a 91/30 as well which is all original with all matching numbers.
And don't hate me, but i just picked up a new one that i fell in love with at first site due to the wood on this little beauty, or as many of you know it as that special SKY M38 riffle i think. which is what i am learning all about now.
its got the SKY markings on both the barrel and the stock . the one on the stock has 1940 below the big S. there are other makers marks on the barrel, SA which is on one side and the bottoms are faded like a poor stamp mark, another marking which might be wrong is 36(or g) s (with the 3 little barbs above it) and either a backwards C & D or od - 36SCD how it would read
their is also two more S marks on the receiver, one is a just small S, the other is a Smaller S with 3 lines above and below it and center is the 1940 mark on the barrel and the SK.Y and a S with the 3 lines above it in a flowery type circle.

I know its hard to tell by description but its pretty awesome! for what ever reason i am not this forum savy and cant figure out how to post photos yet!
Thanks for any info!
Jeff
91warrior_rider

Post by 91warrior_rider »

Hello, new from Az figured I would find a forum that favors a gun I've had since I was 16 the mosin. I now own two one of which I just ordered a archangel stock for. Hopefully I'll be able to get insight as to better knowing the gun as well as the people that own them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
MattGT35R

Post by MattGT35R »

Hello from Utah! I just started getting interested in mosins and figured this would be the best place to learn :)
delta1

Post by delta1 »

Hello members, I am Tim AKA delta1. I have been lurking for some time now and have had an interest in the MN Tula sniper. I bought one recently and am gleaning as much information as I can.
Great site and glad to be here.
Regards
bruinchris

Post by bruinchris »

Hi all, new member here,

Just posted the mosin sniper pics I got from Classic Arms. It was on sale but I sure hope its real!

v/r

Chris