AIM Surplus M44 came in yesterday...pics

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Deputy

Re: AIM Surplus M44 came in yesterday...pics

Post by Deputy »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Deputy wrote:Very nice! I called AIM and asked if I could get a hand select for the bore. They were quite emphatic with their NO!!!! I passed on buying it. BTW...AIM is completley OUT OF STOCK of their M44s. :vsad:
You will never get a supplier to handpick a bore. Could you really trust, Jose the stock boy, with a bore light?
Actually, J&G In Arizona handpicked a 1895 Nagant revolver for me and did an outstanding job. Bore was mirror bright and no corrosion. I would buy another Nagant from them in a heartbeat if they still offer hand select for bore. They were offering it for the M91/30 but they are low on stock of them now and are only offering hand select for general condition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Very nice rifle!
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

Thanks, looks like i'll have a range report on monday. The wife wants to go the range to put some rounds through her newly acquired SKS.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

rusko75 wrote:Thanks, looks like i'll have a range report on monday. The wife wants to go the range to put some rounds through her newly acquired SKS.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Have fun at the Range and hold on to that M44 when you pull the trigger. I don't have an m44 but I have two M38 and they
are fun to shoot and get a lot of attention at the range when they go off. The usual comment you will hear at the range after
you pull the trigger is what the F### was that. Have fun and shoot it at dusk some time if you get a chance, but have your
sun glasses on. ha, ha,
justbob

Post by justbob »

Very nice.
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

NCMN wrote:Group buy ?? did i miss this?? sounds interesting
A local collector was selling all of his Mosin Nagants: 1 Russian M44, 1 Hungarian M44 (still for sale if anyone wants details), an M28 and an M39. Oh and an M91/38 that I haven't seen yet but am probably buying on Monday.

Sorry about hijacking the thread OP!

Still a nice carbine! I'm jealous, at least until my AIM M44 comes in! 8-)
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

No worries. Be sure to post up some pics
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Maybe for a few bucks more, AIM will send flowers with it and 2 drivers; 1 to head her off at the door with the flowers while the 2nd driver sneaks the real package to you at the back door. :biggrin:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

LOL at the flowers, she wants guns or ammo!!!!! She already took my SKS and made it hers :shock:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8-)
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

rusko75 wrote:LOL at the flowers, she wants guns or ammo!!!!! She already took my SKS and made it hers :shock:
:thumbsup: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
Smart girl, at least its a gun or ammo she wants and not a pair of shoes or flowers.
Nice gun by the way send pics of the SKS. also.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

rusko75 wrote:Thanks guys, All the great comments are appreciated 8-)
I have to get my C&R already so I can bypass the FFL.....tends to tip off the wife when he calls the house and lets her know I have another gun waiting for me :lol:
That's a lot easier to hide than UPS coming directly to your door and knocking on it with a big, long, box in their hand, and it requires an adult signature, and you're at work, so your wife has to sign.......................................you can use "Honey, it's just rifle parts" or "Did my new stock come today?" the first few times. After that, it's over.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Why would you have to hide anything UPS brings? My UPS guy walks right into the shop and drops the package on the counter. Oh, wait, is this one of those I'm hiding shit from my wife stuff? :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Why would you have to hide anything UPS brings? My UPS guy walks right into the shop and drops the package on the counter. Oh, wait, is this one of those I'm hiding shit from my wife stuff? :)
Yes, it is. :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

Cool Gun!!!! :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

thank you sir, just finished frog lubing the hell out of the ol M44. Nice and minty smelling, bolt still smooth as can be...don't know if I can get it any smoother than it came out of the box. I still haven't gone to the range which is frustrating because I want to test her out already. I'll settle by watching M44 youtube videos for now:(
Sequim

Post by Sequim »

Buckhead wrote:
rusko75 wrote:Thanks, looks like i'll have a range report on monday. The wife wants to go the range to put some rounds through her newly acquired SKS.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Have fun at the Range and hold on to that M44 when you pull the trigger. I don't have an m44 but I have two M38 and they
are fun to shoot and get a lot of attention at the range when they go off. The usual comment you will hear at the range after
you pull the trigger is what the F### was that. Have fun and shoot it at dusk some time if you get a chance, but have your
sun glasses on. ha, ha,
That's true, when my M38 goes off at the range, there are always some heads that turn...... :biggrin:

Even duct tape can't fix stupid .... but it can muffle the sound!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

All the guys with mouse rifles up and pay attention :)
Theodore Roosevelt