Canned Ammo

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Cyklopz

Re: Canned Ammo

Post by Cyklopz »

Although new to milsurp arms and also a new T53 (pair) owner I had been watching ammo prices for the last few months as i considered making this purchase and have seen it obviously going up and getting spotty to find. A local shop had part of a pallet left for a fairly decent price so i jumped in with both feet. Don't know much about the various ammo that has been produced but here is what I bought. Two crates and a lose packet (just so I could check it out without having to open the crates right away. This was priced at $179.98 per crate and I think the packet was $4.95. Raw price per cartridge is $0.205. I'm sure I'll never shoot this much...but then again, never say never. :thumbsup:

The day I got this ammo another customer bought another whole crate as well.

Any info on this particular ammo is appreciated.
762x54rammo012013.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cyklopz wrote:Although new to milsurp arms and also a new T53 (pair) owner I had been watching ammo prices for the last few months as i considered making this purchase and have seen it obviously going up and getting spotty to find. A local shop had part of a pallet left for a fairly decent price so i jumped in with both feet. Don't know much about the various ammo that has been produced but here is what I bought. Two crates and a lose packet (just so I could check it out without having to open the crates right away. This was priced at $179.98 per crate and I think the packet was $4.95. Raw price per cartridge is $0.205. I'm sure I'll never shoot this much...but then again, never say never. :thumbsup:

The day I got this ammo another customer bought another whole crate as well.

Any info on this particular ammo is appreciated.
762x54rammo012013.jpg
Bulgarian Military Surplus, manufactured in 1971, it seems to be the most common surplus out there, I have a couple of crates of it.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Siam

Post by Siam »

What is the origin of the orange sticker. All of my crate have the same type of sticker.
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Siam wrote:What is the origin of the orange sticker. All of my crate have the same type of sticker.
It's a "modern" sticker, to represent ammunition most likely, or more generically as "explosives". I do not know exactly what the number designation is, but I'm sure someone here does.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is a hazardous materials label denoting explosives
Siam