Other Military surplus rifles

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Other Military surplus rifles

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nobody wants to start collecting French Lebel's and Berthiers? How about Carcano's?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Nobody wants to start collecting French Lebel's and Berthiers? How about Carcano's?
I'm up to 2 Carcano's & would love to add a Berthier. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have seen a few nice carbines trade on GB in the last month.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have seen a few nice carbines trade on GB in the last month.
Yup... I'm sure of it. One of the reasons I avoid it. Need to pay some medical bills for the wife's Lady part repair so no play money right now. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They will be around when you are ready, they never seem to attract the same interest as a Mauser, or Mosin carbine.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Nobody wants to start collecting French Lebel's and Berthiers? How about Carcano's?
I'm pretty sure those are the exact ones i listed in my post. The frenchys are not that easy but the carcano carbines are everywhere. I am still after a 86/93, I think i am wearing him down. That $125 or so may be just to attractive for him to pass up. :thumbsup: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Don't forget the MAS rifles :D :D I missed a Berthier carbine this weekend, sold before I got there :vsad:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I love my berthier. It is one neat rifle to take down. Plus it feels good in the hands. I would love to have the long version too. If i can find them for the same price as i got mine i would have a crap ton. :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Me thinks I might have gotten into collecting surplus rifles too late in life. I don't think I will ever have a collection as fine as the ones here on this thread. :vsad: (But I'l try) :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What's depressing is when I mention Berthier, Lebel, or Mas ( any type) to some gun guys and get a blank stare in return. Come the **** on! I know they had to have seen at least one mentioned on some gun program on cable, in one ear and out the other. If I mention Carcano I get " that gun what shot Kennedy" You 100 years old Catcracker? 'cause if not you got time, none of us built our collections in a year, or a decade or even a few decades. This stuff is around, the Berthier for instance was imported 60 years ago ( except for the Turkish forestry carbines) and guys are still turning them up at shows. You may be too late to get one for $10, but you can still get one at today's $250 price.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

catcracker wrote:Me thinks I might have gotten into collecting surplus rifles too late in life. I don't think I will ever have a collection as fine as the ones here on this thread. :vsad: (But I'l try) :thumbsup:
I got into it late too. I started into this just under 2 years ago. I had maybe 8 guns then. All commercial stuff. Then i got bitten and im loosing track of what i have. No $50 buys for me like the ones that have been doing it for years. I pick my battles, keep cash laying around for when a good buys shows itself, and trade or sell to make a better collection.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Good points JYD and Buckeye.

I am so new at this, I have to learn about all these differnt types of rifles one at a time, before I can even consider getting one. I too have to be picky of what I get, due to budget....among other things. (checking Man card expiration date)

My first gun show is this weekend. Columbus Ohio. I hope to get a Swiss K31. Second choice, is a Romanian M1969 Training rifle. I saw pics and threads about them on this forum. They looked really cool. Then its back to the Mosin Nagants. Maybe I will get another model, since the only model I have now are the 91/30s,

I guess that answers the thread question,
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

If I am looking to buy something I try to get as much info as I can before I do. Do your research and it will pay off big time in the end. Ask questions, google. Whatever. Knowledge is power. :biggrin:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

This forum is good and bad in that way. There are alot of different rifles here but then you see one and you want it. There is good info on alot of different types also. I definately research some and i usually ask here too. Some of these guys have info that is not in a book. Buckeye has a pile of good stuff he bought for el cheapo so don't let him fool you. :lol:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Hey now, I have some that I paid all the money for. But ya some were el cheapo :biggrin: But I never submit a bit for :2cents: like you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brad one of these days im going to fly up there just to meet you. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Come on up Drew! I have got some for cheap but they are not as nice as yours. I think you made a 500 buck steal on the last rifle you got. I get what i can on for a 100 bucks on a 10 dollar budget. I have been accused (unfairly :lol: ) of low bids. :shock: :lol: Maybe... :vconfused: :lol:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Careful, I might take you up on it. We run cars through auctions. And when a $6000 car runs through there is this guy that always holds up 2 fingers meaning $2000. We call him 2 finger Frank. You would be 1 1/3 finger Brad. :big laugh: :big laugh:

Oh I had to zing you a little. Ya I got a couple of winners I just had to wait to bite and took a chance. :biggrin:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You can call me one finger Brad if you want... :o :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pacolo90

Post by pacolo90 »

What do you guys speculate will be future milsurp collectibles if any?
"If guns were banned, I'd sure think twice before using one to commit a crime, said no criminal, ever" - unknown
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

I like the Swiss stuff, myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.