Mosin Sources disappearing???

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mosin Sources disappearing???

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Wrap them with duct tape and keep on truckin' :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

Sporting goods store near me just got a new batch. I'm assuming they're stocking up for another $99 special. All Izhevsk, two hexes and two from 42 or 43 with CH prefixes for the serial. It's my understanding the prefixes are just random letters they did but it could be cool if their serials are close to each other.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Planning a new Mosin soon? :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

I never plan on buying any. I keep saying I'm not going to buy any more for a while but then I keep finding something cool.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lot of that problem going around here :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

MnMosin wrote:I was at the local Mills Fleet Farm twice on the last couple of weeks and they only had a couple 91/30's in the case. They always used to have ten or more. I also saw their regular price jumped from $99.99 to $119.99. They were on sale for $89.99 but none of the four there "spoke to me". Maybe Rongo will report on whether the price has also jumped at his area Fleet Farm.
I was waiting for the price hike actually. I'm good with my 91/30 collection.... I think my buying spree is now done. Grab as many as you can now before the price breaks $150. Of course I may have to snag another if they go on sale again.

This is my third 39 date & my last Fleet Farm find. 39 Tula
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The collecting stops when the first shovelfull of dirt hits the top of the box.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Assuming I don't find a way to come back and continue as a ghost.
Theodore Roosevelt
Juice

Post by Juice »

I dunno. I just got my first Mosin, at Cablea's of all places for 99$. I dont think its drying up just yet.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not a bad price at all. :)
Theodore Roosevelt
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

anyone see any Black Friday deals on Mosins ?
evildog

Post by evildog »

I'm watching dunham's where i've gotten good deals before to see if they are running a black friday sale. They ususally run $79 that day and they know me there so i usually get to tip toe through them and pick out what i'm looking for. May have to put several on layaway that day....I think we are seeing more disappearing because the "sheep" out there just realized that it's an inexpensive rifle and ammo is dirt cheap and that is who i'm seeing buying them up now. :2cents:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Probably correct.
Theodore Roosevelt
desert drifter

Post by desert drifter »

More evidence of drying up. I scan Armslist a couple of times a month just to see whats out there locally. Normally you see MNs listed all through it. This morning I went through page after page after page before I found one listed. A 91/30 with helmet and great coat for $350.

Having 4 MNs I wasn't in the market. But now I've got the bug to go out and find another one.

Whoa is me.. :b sad: ...whoa is me... :b sad: How I would like to turn the clock back a year and buy the ones I had a chance to....whoa is me.

'drif
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What size was the coat? Never mind, too expensive anyway, grab them while you can is something I have said over and over.....
Theodore Roosevelt
MnMosin

Post by MnMosin »

Rongo wrote:
MnMosin wrote:I was at the local Mills Fleet Farm twice on the last couple of weeks and they only had a couple 91/30's in the case. They always used to have ten or more. I also saw their regular price jumped from $99.99 to $119.99. They were on sale for $89.99 but none of the four there "spoke to me". Maybe Rongo will report on whether the price has also jumped at his area Fleet Farm.
I was waiting for the price hike actually. I'm good with my 91/30 collection.... I think my buying spree is now done. Grab as many as you can now before the price breaks $150. Of course I may have to snag another if they go on sale again.

That 39 sure is a nice one. I have yet to photograph and post the 4 I bought at Fleet Farm, they are still full of grease. Now that winter is approaching I am going to go through them all and inspect/clean and take pics of the ones I haven't gotten around too. The last time I bought at Fleet Farm I was looking for a '40 or '41 Izhevsk and found a '41. I looked at the last one in the case and it was a '38 Tula so I grabbed that as well, $192.80 out the door for both.
Mark in MN
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

MnMosin wrote:
Rongo wrote:

That 39 sure is a nice one. I have yet to photograph and post the 4 I bought at Fleet Farm, they are still full of grease. Now that winter is approaching I am going to go through them all and inspect/clean and take pics of the ones I haven't gotten around too. The last time I bought at Fleet Farm I was looking for a '40 or '41 Izhevsk and found a '41. I looked at the last one in the case and it was a '38 Tula so I grabbed that as well, $192.80 out the door for both.
Buy them cheap & stack em' deep..... :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

evildog wrote:I'm watching dunham's where i've gotten good deals before to see if they are running a black friday sale. They ususally run $79 that day and they know me there so i usually get to tip toe through them and pick out what i'm looking for. May have to put several on layaway that day....I think we are seeing more disappearing because the "sheep" out there just realized that it's an inexpensive rifle and ammo is dirt cheap and that is who i'm seeing buying them up now. :2cents:
So what's this dunhams layaway thing? Do you put them on layaway and get them for the sales price later or just put a bunch on during the sale? I just saw my dunhams stocking up on mosins. I assumed it was for the usual Sunday sale, didnt think about black Friday.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i hope aim gets more in soon if not mayme they will have a special on ammo.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have been advocating grabbing as many as possible, now you know why.
Theodore Roosevelt