$89 Fleet Farm buy - 1943 Izhevsk

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Ironnewt

Re: $89 Fleet Farm buy - 1943 Izhevsk

Post by Ironnewt »

desdem12 wrote:No i don't believe in that green herbs. I like to stay legal plus look at all the retards that use it. :lol:
The last thing I'd going to use is any of that kind of 'herb' It's funny at work I drink coffee, at home tea. Now if a bunch of people that drink coffee are over, I'll brew up a pot, but when it's just me drinking it, I won't bother making a pot at home. The Mrs won't touch it.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

mrb7

Post by mrb7 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Unlike coffee my Doc doesn't seem to consider tea a vice, I never cared much for coffee anyway.

That's because tea actually has theophylline instead of caffeine. Or at least very, very little real caffeine.

And chocolate has theobromine.

They're all chemical "brothers" so to speak. Not exactly the same, but damn closely related. But caffeine is the one that has the worst buzz saw type edge, so it has the worst reputation in the medical community.

Theophylline is the isolate that is often used to treat bronchial patients, so an effective very early hedge against lung problems (for some patients - I ain't your doctor) is tea and dark chocolate.
"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Seems I self medicated when I had Bronchitis and never knew it :) Still took the horse pills to cure it in the end.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

My Dentist sure considers it a vice! I drink that and the hygenist always ask me if I smoke! She sure has a fun time laying accross me scraping away. I need to drink me more :chuckles: :chuckles: tea I guess as that is the last girl I had on top in many years! Whoops I forgot family! :oops: Bill
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Good deal! I noticed they had the 91/30's on sale this week.... I might go browse & see if one calls out to me....
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
scarymike23

Post by scarymike23 »

Didn't somebody say something about pics a while ago? Because there's a very definite lack of pics with this thread! :wink:

The wartime finish Mosins really feel like they mean business. Nothing pretty about them - you can tell the people who made them were just thinking about getting it right enough to get out the door and go shoot some Nazis.

Looking forward to seeing photographic evidence of your new friend!
для родины!

Первые оружеиные заводы в туле
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:post_r:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MnMosin

Post by MnMosin »

Rongo wrote:Good deal! I noticed they had the 91/30's on sale this week.... I might go browse & see if one calls out to me....
I stopped by my local Fleet Farm right away on Sunday when I learned they were on sale. They had mostly 42 and 43 Izhevsk's. I am looking for a 40 or 41. There was a 41, but it was electropenciled. They did unbox two while I was waiting but, of course, they were both 43's, one had a really rough receiver and interesting stock repairs but I figured the warden would have killed me if I brought home a duplicate......
Mark in MN
notabiker

Post by notabiker »

got me a 43 from big 5 a while back, hard not to like a war time matching mosin. no rust, pitting and good wood. yes the machine work is rough. maybe it fought in a few battles.