Pt 2 Crate fresh 1928 Tula Ex Dragoon

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: Pt 2 Crate fresh 1928 Tula Ex Dragoon

Post by zeebill »

JTheBigJay wrote:Is it an x-sniper? That stock repair is interesting.

Have you pulled the bolt and checked the inside of the receiver wall for screw hole repairs?
You should really remember that stock could come from any number of other rifles origionaly and not the one it is imported with. This is why I am so down on refurbs because there is no clear cut history with them being parts rifles basically. They can come sort of together the way we get them but that is jumping to a conclusion really.
Junk Yard Dog wrote:You can find information on the forum information page as well, Lapins book has useful info, but it's dated. Stock repairs in that area are not necessarily because of a scope mount, cracking happens there as well, or a split as it's a thin spot in the wood.
For some reason the information I see and read says that is a weak part of the stock and repairs have often been noted there. Unless the action was removed to me that seems a strong part of the stock? Of course I am not into swing the rifle at people jumping into my foxhole when I am out of ammo but that are seems sort of protected to me? Thoughts?
rollndice83 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:You can find information on the forum information page as well, Lapins book has useful info, but it's dated. Stock repairs in that area are not necessarily because of a scope mount, cracking happens there as well, or a split as it's a thin spot in the wood.
That's makes sense I was just going off location I noticed in old pictures that the sniper rifles had the stock cut out there but now that I think about it I've seen that same repair on other stocks. It is a thin area and I'm sure the recoil is a bear on it. And I'll have to check out the forum info page I haven't seen that yet. Thanks JYD

Yeah you could be right I guess. Bill :?
hieny

Post by hieny »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: You guys are making my "Mosinitis" come back!!! Thought I had it under control, but the itch is coming back!!! :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:
Ruger LC9 (personal CCW)
1942 and 1943 Винтовка Мосина M91/30's.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

hieny wrote::Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: You guys are making my "Mosinitis" come back!!! Thought I had it under control, but the itch is coming back!!! :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:
It never will go away, unless you are hungry and pennyless of course from buying too many Mosins. Then it will go into necessary and temporary remission. Bill :chuckles: