Hartonen

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Hartonen

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ordinary car wax would also work as a protector for the metal on a firearm, but only until it got hot. Museums use car wax to protect metal display items all the time.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
doctorxring

Post by doctorxring »

Bill

Yeah, I was lucky to find RR when he was in selling mode. He said he had over a 1000 Finn Mosins at
one time, but was selling most of them to put his kids through college. It was an amazing experience.
Like going to a Finn Mosin Store. I bought one of every common type of Finn from him. He was
really good to me and very interesting to talk to. But he definitely had a "point of view". Haha !!

Chris
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The big P word on the barrel, that's what I like. The pre-cursor to the boxed SA. Quite collectible!
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

Welcome, and compliments on an awesome rifle! A straight stocked, matching, PL marked M39 WITH a name carved in it and in that good of shape is very cool indeed. Your rifle has two very desirable and uncommon features (the PL mark and straight stock) and most are actually are not in as good of condition as yours is in with the original metal finish.
doctorxring

Post by doctorxring »

Here's a couple more pics of the barrel area. I kind of halfway forgot that
this rifle was a PL.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: Nice thousand dollar rifle :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
doctorxring

Post by doctorxring »

Here's a group I shot with this rifle and some of that Czech Training Ammo
with a 46 grain hollow bullet.

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

What a Hit..
Welcome to the Mosinitians' Forum
Checked the History on the name , yet...please let us know.
This is ONE piece of a historical find, congrats. :Drool1:
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
finloq

Post by finloq »

Interesting to see a later 1941 with the M39 rear sight. The early 1941's seem to all have the M28/30 rear sight style. I wonder when the change occured?
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
martin08

Post by martin08 »

I always thought it was weird to name a rifle. But in this case....

:wink:
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

Marin08, right,

but pets get names, too.

And what are rifles like this other than pets.....most of my guns, actually no modern one , have names relating to history, make or whatever.....referring to my son talking about Bejing Pee Shooter equals one of his Norinco SKSs, the one that hits on 150m...
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

:Finland: :Welcome Home: :Finland:
DAMN that is a beauty. I LOVE the name carved in and as JYD said, wonderful $ 1000.00 rifle!!!!! :chuckles:

Honestly that on eis a real treat. Great story with it as well. Thanks for sharing......damn that is sweet.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
doctorxring

Post by doctorxring »

I paid RR $500 for it. I balked at first. He told me, "you should buy this rifle".

I'm glad I did !

WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

doctorxring wrote:.

I paid RR $500 for it. I balked at first. He told me, "you should buy this rifle".

I'm glad I did !

Chris I knew this one would be a hit around here. It's unique in to many ways for it not to be. You did real good on this one buddy.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

You were right to suggest he show it. It's just too fine not to show.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:You were right to suggest he show it. It's just too fine not to show.
I can't claim credit for that it was all his idea. I didn't know he was going to do it until it was up actually. What I did do was suggest he check this place out because I saw the way he was treated on another forum when he asked a very valid question about a certain rifles back ground and was immediately jumped on by most of the forum. That is except one of our own users here that showed a level of class that I relish in this place. He also showed that same level of class and that's another reason I told him about our little secret here. ;)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just out of curiosity, what was the question that was asked that got the other groups panties in a knot?
Theodore Roosevelt
tinman507

Post by tinman507 »

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt