Mosin shellac

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

Re: Mosin shellac

Post by desdem12 »

Road salt is where they salt the ice on the roads to help it melt. Down there it might be used to intice cattle into the road for steak use later on :D :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They salt the roads here, worse, liquid salt, it can take a new truck and turn it into rusty shit in a few years. We replace brake lines so often that I keep rolls of the stuff in stock , fenders, wheels, and frames rust away, even engine blocks and heads. I have 2001-2004 trucks and vans in the yard right now that have rusted frames.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

My favorite use of salt is in making homemade ice cream.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Summer of 1976, that was the last time I had real, made in the old crank ice cream maker ice cream. Neighbor had one, brought it out for the huge block party we had that July 4th, 35 years later I can still taste that ice cream, best I ever had.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I hate to tell you, but it looks like a refinished and ruined military surplus rifle. What a shame that you just don't get it, and probably do not belong on this type of forum.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

You are welcome on this forum, but unfortunately pics and discussion of your refinished rifle are not. As stated in the rules, this is the preservation forum, NOT the modification forum.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis