Shooting Tiger Stripe M39 on the 4th!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
akguy1985

Re: Shooting Tiger Stripe M39 on the 4th!

Post by akguy1985 »

that stock is absolutely gorgeous!!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Now that is a great looking Finn rifle that shoots great too! Congrats on a great buy and great looking rifle. People wonder why I am so set on Finns? Just one look and one trip to the range and you realize real quick you are in a different brand of Mosins! Finn's rule the range and looks for me too! Bill :D
yiping

Post by yiping »

Nice :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
cj1964

Post by cj1964 »

That's the most contrasting tiger stripe stock I think I've ever seen! Gorgeous!
I've got a couple nice tiger stripe stocks (not this good!!!) but they're a bit dirty and have a few dings and a dark petina - generally speaking. Did your rifle come like this or is there a secret about how to bring out the beauty under the grime? Light surface cleaning with clenzoil and lemon oil are the only thing I do to my stocks - is there a better way to correctly preserve them and still bring out some contrast? I know the rules around here and actually like a nice petina, but maybe there's a better way to clean my furniture. It's worth asking.
ForbiddenWaffle

Post by ForbiddenWaffle »

Wow, that rifle is absolutely gorgeous. I've been trying to find one like that for ages!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Welcome Forbiddenwaffle :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

......................I've never ever even heard of one like this let alone seen one. VERY unusual stock.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Sweet M39 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good shooting too. I like to build up the sight with a piece of insulation rather than hold off.

I keep telling myself, no more M-39's and for the most part I have been able to do that. But if one of these tiger stripes came up, I'd be all over it. Problem is, so would everyone else. :big shock:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ForbiddenWaffle wrote:Wow, that rifle is absolutely gorgeous. I've been trying to find one like that for ages!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
buckhunter252

Post by buckhunter252 »

how much would one of these go for?
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

My word that is one beautiful rifle, about the nicest I have seen. :Drool1: I thought I had a decent looking Model 39 compared to that rifle mine is pretty homely.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

That is one of the most beautiful M39 stocks i've ever seen.
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Jaw dropping stock. I thought Dolk had cornered the market on those. Just beautiful! :Drool1: :Drool1:
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

PRICE? VALUE?........I would think if one like this EVER showed up it would sell far north of what I would have available at the time :brolleyes: :roll: :redfaced: .........I too have said NO MORE M39's but if this OR a Tikka were to present themselves......oh crap :shifty: would I ever be in trouble.... :chuckles: .
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

dolk wrote:
Izhevsk762 wrote:Wow. That's a great looking Finn!

But, how did that rifle escape from dolk's clutches?
Simple......Money! :bwink:

You can't own them all....I know....I tried! :lol:

That is a beautiful rifle! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dolk

No No that is possible! Now if I can just get that groundhog out of the hole again I will eat tonight! Bil :lol: :lol:

PS That rifle is one great looking and shooting M39! :o
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

That is some OUTSTANDING wood! :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:

@ P.I. in the mid '60's w/ the M14 on the Able Course of 200 offhand, 300 kneeling and sitting, and 500 prone yard lines we always used the 6 0clock sight picture, which was SOP.

Then in the late '60's I got used to the Redfield 3x9 Accudrop 18" crosshairs on the Remmy 700, wow what technology did :bwink:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Isn't it funny that this thread has taken off again, even though the tiger stripe in this thread was started in July 2012, 16 months ago. The only one missing is the original poster. :P
vegaome

Post by vegaome »

Nice rifle and a shooter to boot. OP when your ready to part with it I will trade you a nice prewar banjo.

v/r

Mike
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

bunkysdad wrote:The only one missing is the original poster. :P
I shot him with my new "ray gun" and took his M39. :chuckles: ............ :pointright:
. :pointright: .
. :pointup: .