Administrator
Administrator

Re: The rifle I learned to shoot with

Post by bunkysdad »

This is some good reading here guys.
ISPKI

Post by ISPKI »

I learned to shoot on my 1942 m91/30. I learned to stop flinching on my CZ452 ultra lux.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

My first rifle was the one I learned on. Was my '43 ishevsk.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Mike

Post by Mike »

Learning to shoot with a Mosin is definitely cool!
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: It was the first rifle for a lot of Red Army recruits also.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The rifle I learned to shoot with was my great uncle's frankensteined .30-06 that was used around the ranch for cattle slaughter time. I was 8 darn thing nearly dislocated my shoulder. The rifle was ugly sights were broken off and it shot so bad you had to be within 5 feet to be accurate as I learned by unintentionally putting a round in the hind quarter of his Spanish Red bull trying to hit a calf from 10 feet. Always hated that bull anyway. From there I went to a ore reasonable Mossberg Mo. 41 bolt action. From there it was various other .22lr rim fires. Then straight back to .30-06 remingtons until I got this blasted case of Mosinitis that I can't shake :twisted:
As they say the pen is mightier than the sword...however that also means the pen is far more dangerous than the sword. The sword can take your life or your limb but can not take your freedom, the pen can. A wary patriot watches the pen as it can steal his freedom. The wary patriot knows he can use the pen to take power from those who wish to use the pen for evil, but keeps his rifle close by his side "just in case"!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I bet that bull just f***in' loved you after that :) Why were you trying to whack the calf?
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Here is mine,it is a JC Higgins Model 31 my grandpa gave it to me Christmas 1976.
I killed my 1st squirrel with it in 1977.
I sure thought I was cool with that red strap sling that goes into the stock!! :vcool:

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

This was my very first rifle. I think it was for my 13th bday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Nice! Marlin 39? I've been looking at those. There were alot at the last gun show. Great rifles but they are pretty expensive.

Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

ponycarman wrote:Nice! Marlin 39? I've been looking at those. There were alot at the last gun show. Great rifles but they are pretty expensive.

I see them going for $400+, with the pre crossbolt safety ones, like mine, bringing a premium. If you can find one, get it. They are a delight.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis