Early SS M39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Oramaac4572

Re: Early SS M39

Post by Oramaac4572 »

:vcool: :vcool:
Я люблю запах cosmoline утром
Мой Мосина-Нагана арсенал
1932 Tula Hex 91/30
1933 Izhevsk Hex 91/30
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It's a Heinz 57 of mixed parts. All those different parts to create a perfect looking rifle in my eyes. I really like that one.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

If you like the "old look"

1941 Finnish M39 Puolustuslaitos marked and straight stock
1899 Tula Receiver, Sako, Wartime rounded finger joints, Tula Marks on Reveiver, trigger, and butt plate, Izhevsk marks on bolt,

[hr]

If you like the "new look"

This rifle is a bit of a puzzle. It is not refurbish and you can tell by the muzzle and the rear sights (and some other parts). Original Finn bluing, but must be over 98%. The stock look new but is a straight stock. I have no idea where this rifle was, but it didn't go to war I don't think.

1941 Puolustuslaitos marked and straight stock, 98% (plus) original blue, matching barrel, bolt & floor plate,1894 Chatterault receiver, Bore is New

Image Image
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Holy moly... The Boss has joined the fray.... Great thread! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :big shock: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Dolk, a couple of highly desirable beauties right there, very nice! :thumbsup:
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

How does finlog get his computer to type his location that way?Sorry for getting of the subject of SSM39 but I see JYD also can do it in Russian.JGC How?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Мосин Нагана является наилучшей системы оружия
Like that? There are several ways. I used bing translator for that one. It probly is wrong in russian but oh well.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Thabks :D JGC
finloq

Post by finloq »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:How does finlog get his computer to type his location that way?Sorry for getting of the subject of SSM39 but I see JYD also can do it in Russian.JGC How?
Q, brother not G.

Here is Google translate: http://translate.google.com/
Here is a nice virtual Cyrillic keyboard: http://winrus.com/keyboard.htm
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Hey finloq, is that a yak?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Scottish Cow? :D
finloq

Post by finloq »

millman wrote:Hey finloq, is that a yak?
Pretty funny for a guy from Kentucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_cattle
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Just goes to show you..I might a been able to name some bull plopp too. :lol: :lol:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

finloq wrote:
millman wrote:Hey finloq, is that a yak?
Pretty funny for a guy from Kentucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_cattle
Don't underestimate us guys from KY. Contrary to popular belief, I own shoes, and know what a book is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
finloq

Post by finloq »

Nice knowing you team. I'll be banned after this:

Kentucky: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names

finloq

Post by finloq »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:1906 Receiver, cool, nice looking Sako, except for that buttplate, bore brush and some light oil, gently brush off that active rust before it spreads. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Already done, JYD. That was an old picture.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

finloq wrote:Nice knowing you team. I'll be banned after this:

Kentucky: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names

What are you talking about??? My family tree has about 3 branches. :lol: I don't see a proclivity towards banjo playing as a minus.

BTW, that is a pic of my first wife in the first pic.

C. S. Lewis
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

finloq wrote:
Jolly Green Chopper wrote:How does finlog get his computer to type his location that way?Sorry for getting of the subject of SSM39 but I see JYD also can do it in Russian.JGC How?
Q, brother not G.

Here is Google translate: http://translate.google.com/
Here is a nice virtual Cyrillic keyboard: http://winrus.com/keyboard.htm
It was you !!!! Ok guys here's the one that posted the Russian keyboard I was telling you about that I used to decipher the stock graffiti the other day. Shweet!!! Nice rifles too, all of them.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Here ---> http://winrus.com/keyboard.htm

Edit: Doh! Already posted it. :oops: