Between these two...

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Re: Between these two...

Post by desdem12 »

Aw what the he(( make it a whole box o 20. Hey if you need some clips for that new toy i could send you some. If i gather them up i might be surprised just how many i have. :roll: (no charge of course). :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Thanks buddy, but the gunshop gave me a bag of them.
Heck, I don't even like using stripper clips :lol:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Well, between those two I got this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I like it Pac. :vcool: :vcool: It is just in great shape. not sure of the numbers on it. The C might mean a serbian contract or something like that. MAybe one of those old in bed already SKS guys can shed some light on it. A nice looker even if it don't shoot around corners. :Drool1: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

:clap: :toast: :Drool3: :Drool2: :dance:

Very nice! That is a beauty for sure.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Very nice PAP M59 pacanis :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The "C" and serial# indicates a 1965 manufacturing date, the other numbers such as 0-00.005 on the dust cover are Yugoslavian part numbers, along with smaller inspection stamps.

Being a refurb would explain the lack of serial numbers on most of the smaller parts, like the dust cover and trigger assy. I'd guess that's about as close to a new SKS as you could get short of a Norinco that still in the grease. Should be a good shooter :)
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Thanks guys. And thanks for the info on the numbers, GM.
I'm anxious to shoot this one today.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not bad :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

The numbers used on Yugoslavian SKS are the serial number which is the last number it gets as it is being built, Assembly numbers are used on the critical fit parts even in pencil on new guns found in trigger cutout on the stock. And numbers of parts used which look like federal stock numbers these are found on most of the parts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I imagine then I'll find more numbers when I take it down for cleaning.

I shot it today. Put about 30 rnds through it. It was shooting 10" high holding 6:00 and 4" left and I got it hitting in and around a 6" target. Definietly center mass, but I was expecting better. It pretty much shoots like my AK. Which I guess isn't so bad considering I can see the the sights :lol: Now I remember why I put a peep on my AK.
It functioned flawlessly though, which was the important thing. The first ten or so shots it must have been flinging empties 15' in the air :shock:
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

pacanis wrote:You know, I probably should put a mag through it tonight before I have another beer :shifty:
But I'm just so damn comfortable right now... and the neighborhood is all peaceful like... :D
You may have to settle for camera shots later.

I walked back in to the LGS. I had told him I'd be back, but he sent me another email which definitely got me back...
Anyway, I walked in, grabbed both off the rack, sat down and waited for one to speak to me. The 59 won hands down. Even moseso when he got the price down on it for me from the owner.

It's been a good day. Now if you'll excuse me I have to read the instructions on the back of my Ramen noodles :biggrin:
good deal. those with grenade launcher are illegal in california i believe. and always remember that ramen noodels are 28 cents each at wal mart.
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I was reading last night that the grenade launcher SKS will work with a US grenade launcher. Guys are putting tennis balls in them and sending them flying. They are making their own blanks even by crimping the tops of the brass. I know I read the powder and charge they were using. Almost makes me wish I had picked up the other one :bwink:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I told you to bundle!!!! :thumbsup: :devil2: :spam2:
Celt

Post by Celt »

If you watch my video with my type 56 you can hear the empties hitting the steel pipe in the overhang above the bench. The first time I heard it it kind of freaked me out. I didn't realize that they were ejecting straight up. I thought it was a ricochet! :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

pacanis wrote:I was reading last night that the grenade launcher SKS will work with a US grenade launcher. Guys are putting tennis balls in them and sending them flying. They are making their own blanks even by crimping the tops of the brass. I know I read the powder and charge they were using. Almost makes me wish I had picked up the other one :bwink:
pac, here is a little something if interested :lol: in trying, it should fit any Nato Launcher. Easy little side project :thumbsup:

It worked on my FR 8, only rifle I've yet to try it on. Had a friend use some lower grade brass to make the firing blanks for me. It's kinda fun to try, and farthest I got a tennis ball is just over 180 yards :chuckles:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Just 180? :lol:
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

pacanis wrote:I imagine then I'll find more numbers when I take it down for cleaning.

I shot it today. Put about 30 rnds through it. It was shooting 10" high holding 6:00 and 4" left and I got it hitting in and around a 6" target. Definietly center mass, but I was expecting better. It pretty much shoots like my AK. Which I guess isn't so bad considering I can see the the sights :lol: Now I remember why I put a peep on my AK.
It functioned flawlessly though, which was the important thing. The first ten or so shots it must have been flinging empties 15' in the air :shock:
What range were you sighting in at?
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

pacanis wrote:I was reading last night that the grenade launcher SKS will work with a US grenade launcher. Guys are putting tennis balls in them and sending them flying. They are making their own blanks even by crimping the tops of the brass. I know I read the powder and charge they were using. Almost makes me wish I had picked up the other one :bwink:
But, in picking just one you got the correct one. Very few made compared to the M59/66 series.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

pacanis wrote:I was reading last night that the grenade launcher SKS will work with a US grenade launcher. Guys are putting tennis balls in them and sending them flying.
Ho hum....But maybe if you soaked the tennis ball in lighter fluid lit it and then shot it out there....? :thumbsup:
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

desdem12 wrote:
pacanis wrote:I was reading last night that the grenade launcher SKS will work with a US grenade launcher. Guys are putting tennis balls in them and sending them flying.
Ho hum....But maybe if you soaked the tennis ball in lighter fluid lit it and then shot it out there....? :thumbsup:
Des, you are a sick fire bug.If he wanted to shoot some thing serious from a grenade launcher,he should use the golf ball one. Now there youare talking long range baby!!! Just use found balls or you could go broke of gun funds really quick I think!! :D :D