Nagant revolvers

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Re: Nagant revolvers

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
finloq

Post by finloq »

Love the wear on the Tula. When the blue starts to go, the history pokes through.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
bb91

Post by bb91 »

finloq wrote:Love the wear on the Tula. When the blue starts to go, the history pokes through.
Thanks finloq, that one has a bit of history! :wink:
BostonMike

Nagant revolvers

Post by BostonMike »

I've got one....a 1931 Tula.

It's an early import, very descreet import mark (CAI) on the barrel.

Side plate S/N matches the body SN in font. Many Tula hammer parts and the wooden grips are also numbered to match. Cylinder has been replaced and renumbered.

I bought six 50-round boxes of Privi ammo when it was available as well as 10 boxes of the Mil-Surp ammo. I shoot the commercial stuff mostly but every once in a while fire off 7 or 14 mil-surp rounds. Big difference in punch. The commercial stuff feels like firing a .22

I have no issue with the trigger pull. Feels fine to me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Here's one of my refurb's that I posted up awhile back on another forum, It's a little older than the other two above.

finloq

Post by finloq »

It's not: how long it served?
It's: who it served with.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

All very nice old relics and a great piece of history. Isn't it interesting how many other old guns just are so scarce, yet these have been socked away and made their way into the US in decent quantity. It's the FINN marked ones that I didn't even consider until seeing these. Yep very nice old relics. 8-)
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

The more I look at these Revolvers the more I want one :Drool1:

you guys are posting some great history ! Thanks
cj1964

Post by cj1964 »

I've got two "RSFSR" marked Nagants.
The 1921 has the cyrillic "R" (P) and lined box which are both refurbishment marks. The 1924 has no such markings, but is just as nice in appearance. I bought both from a single shipment at a gun store. Since the Russian constitution was signed on Jan. 31, 1924 I'm assuming the 1924 "RSFSR" is a rare combination...? That gun also has a three digit serial number! Both have matching cylinder numbers. I haven't tried to shoot either of them - they just seemed to be good items to add to my collection. I'm not sure if they are any more valuable than "Soviet" or "Tsarist" marked guns, but I thought they had a little more character.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

I have one. It was fun to shoot but I don't see me buying much ammo for it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353548449.842584.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353548467.805882.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice on the 20s ones, but damn those import marks. :beek:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

I've got one coming my way in the mail. Non-import marked Tula. Is the little pouch attached to the holster supposed to hold the screwdriver or is it an ammo pouch?
I believe in the right to arm bears.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Non import non refurb
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Sequim

Post by Sequim »

Mine seems to be older than most that I've seen. Stamped 1914, but most of the arsenal stamp has been scrubbed off. Damn Commies.... 8-)
Found it on a "bargain table" at a local gun show, for $75. Wasn't even looking for one but figured, why not.
Didn't realize it was a 7-shot until I got it home..... :beek:
Have run some commercial ammo through it, but just got a couple hundred rounds of actual surplus, can't wait to try it.

1895.JPG
1895-0.JPG
Even duct tape can't fix stupid .... but it can muffle the sound!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The communists didn't scrub that revolver, time and use did that. Nice one :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

That is a one

Damn shame about the import "Bill-Boards" but I understand why hey have to be there.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

SA1911a1 wrote:I had one for a while. It had to be the worst revolver ever made, and in a caliber only Donald Trump could afford to shoot. Since I don't run in Donald's circles, and I cant pull a 14 pound trigger, I sent it away. It is one of the few guns I have ever gotten shed of that I didn't regret afterwords.

That said, I have been looking at them again lately and almost bid on one on GB this week. :D
I had to get one to go with the military historic handgun collection, that said mine shoots about three feet to the left and the Serbian commercial ammo I bought for it is about an anemic caliber as can be found.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933