Ruger Blackhawk?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ruger Blackhawk?

Post by bunkysdad »

I went into a gun rediculous well known gun dealer in Dallas back in the early 80's (Ray's Hardware) and they had several of these. They were expensive. I remember it vividly because they had so many crazy guns in stock. They had a whole crate of consecutive serialed Winchester lever actions. They has Winchester model 12 shotguns still new in the box, as well as Colt Single Action Army revolvers. These were all discontinued by this time. So what happened to the John Wayne Winchester that you had for such a brief time? They ask big money for these now days.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

bunkysdad wrote:I went into a gun rediculous well known gun dealer in Dallas back in the early 80's (Ray's Hardware) and they had several of these. They were expensive. I remember it vividly because they had so many crazy guns in stock. They had a whole crate of consecutive serialed Winchester lever actions. They has Winchester model 12 shotguns still new in the box, as well as Colt Single Action Army revolvers. These were all discontinued by this time. So what happened to the John Wayne Winchester that you had for such a brief time? They ask big money for these now days.
It was a gift for my brother given by our Mom. I had to buy it because I have the needed FOID card that buyers must have. I say it was mine because I had my greasy mitts on it for a few hours. :chuckles: I think it was around $700 or so almost 35 years ago. :big shock:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

bunkysdad wrote:I went into a gun rediculous well known gun dealer in Dallas back in the early 80's (Ray's Hardware) and they had several of these. They were expensive. I remember it vividly because they had so many crazy guns in stock. They had a whole crate of consecutive serialed Winchester lever actions. They has Winchester model 12 shotguns still new in the box, as well as Colt Single Action Army revolvers. These were all discontinued by this time. So what happened to the John Wayne Winchester that you had for such a brief time? They ask big money for these now days.

I hit submit to damn quick.....back in the early 70's when my brother shot a ton of trap and I did a little, I was in like 7th or 8th grade and I'd spend all week on a MEC 600jr single stage reloader loading a couple of cases and back to the next shoot on Sunday. I remember seeing the Model 12 at a couple of shoots, man they were sweet. The ones I saw had had thousands of rounds ran through them and they were loose as a goose but they were dead on. I always wanted one, :Drool1: thanks a hell of lot for reminding me of that. :very mad: :angry4: :chuckles: I'll put that on my bucket list. :D Man those are iconic shotguns, in my mind at least.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I hear ya, when we start thinking about all the nice guns we have seen over the years it is kind of bittersweet. Back in those days during the early 80's I was in my early 20's and there was a gunstore that I just loved called Shooting Sports. I remember a Colt Python Hunter they had for a little over 600.00. I sure have wished many times that I had found a way to buy it. I think it had a 8" or 8 3/8" barrel in. 357 mag. It would be 1500-2000.00 today probably.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Bet the bad guys can get better deals than us FOID card carriers could get. ( FOID card is a Peoples Republic of Illinois thing) Man so many guns we all love and dream of owning knowing we'll be lucky to get 10% of them. I got a new to me Glock G22 which was on the list as well as the PU from RGUNS. I have an Ithaca 37 in 20ga which was my first, Dad got it for me when I was in like 7th grade. by default it makes it on my list with a check mark. OK I think I have started a great idea for a thread. I'll go post it on the General colectors section and Mods can move it if there is a better place. I'll call it your gun bucket list, what are your 5 or 10 guns that you wish you could get. :P
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JoeR wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:John Wayne Winchester?
Check this Dawg....pardon my drool. :Drool1: Love the Duke.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 140536#PIC
Ah, 1894 Winchester, yes, I have one, not The wayne model, but the regular .30-30 , the '94 Winchester is a sweet rifle.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I think I just did a bucket list in another thread, however lets just toss that concept out and go with gun collectors heaven. When we kick it we go to Bannerman Arms 1903, and spend eternity playing with endless piles of muskets, states war rifles, pistols, and toys beyond name. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I Remember Shooting Sports Gun Shop. The owners were friends of my favorite gun store ,Just Guns in Austin,TX It's gone now too. Robin was a gun dealer extraordinare. Always helpful and ready to do whatever the customer needed, or wanted with a can do attitude and a wholesale price. He sold me my first Blackhawk . I miss the good old days when the customer came first.....