Mosin Nagant Wish List, what's on yours?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jolly Green Chopper

Re: Mosin Nagant Wish List, what's on yours?

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I bought two T53's last month from SOG for $129.00 each add $10.00 for hand pick on special sale. They sent two in good condition with one a little nicer looking than the other but both had very good barrels and checked out with the head gauge. Accuracy was average for a carbine and the bolt action smooth and shiny. They still have some left for about $139.00 to $149.00 I think. I'm glad I bought two so I can shoot the rougher looking one and put the other one back for my collection. I also bought a 1944 m44 for $179.00 plus $10.00 for hand pick in excellent appearance and very good shooting condition barrel,again average accuracy for a carbine. Head gauge checked out good. I have a friend that took his bayonet off and added a temp. scope for hunting hogs. IT's a real good killer at close range with the red dot scope in the evening low light.I prefer my AK47 for hog hunting. Good luck,JGC
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

I can remove the "B" bbl M39 from my wish list.......just picked on up! :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Flyin Brian

Post by Flyin Brian »

I don't really have a wish list, I just sort of wait until I see something that grabs my attention and I swoop in and make a huge impulse decision to buy!!

In the last few weeks I have purchase 2 Swedish Mausers; one is a carbine and the other one FSR match rifle with an SA stamp :)

Last week I found an M28 dual sling slot with a 3 digit serial number, so I made a bid on it. 2 nights ago I found a 28-30 mistakenly listed as an M27 so I snagged it for less than $300... not that I need another one but heck how can I justify not buying it? LOL, I just have to make sure they are delivered while the wife is at work :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :pop: :pop:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

To be real honest, my wish list changes daily. I need that Mosin , that Enfield or that Mauser.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

A Finn, I wish for a Puolustuslaitos marked one. Of course someone here, put an No 4 Enfield back on my hankerin list :shock:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Stalin's personal m91/30
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

Stalins personal would be awesome! id have to say in my early Mosin collecting career (since my 1st is due to arrive in 5 days) i would want a carbine of some sort or very early 1800's version or something with known history behind it like who it belonged to and exactly where it was.

At this point just one of each Tula and Izmash and something with a hex receiver to start would be good.
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

Flyin Brian wrote:I don't really have a wish list, I just sort of wait until I see something that grabs my attention and I swoop in and make a huge impulse decision to buy!!

In the last few weeks I have purchase 2 Swedish Mausers; one is a carbine and the other one FSR match rifle with an SA stamp :)

Last week I found an M28 dual sling slot with a 3 digit serial number, so I made a bid on it. 2 nights ago I found a 28-30 mistakenly listed as an M27 so I snagged it for less than $300... not that I need another one but heck how can I justify not buying it? LOL, I just have to make sure they are delivered while the wife is at work :D
Lol, that comes close to describing me. I am a little more short on cash these days because of school, so I have to be a lot more discriminating with my purchases, but when I nice item that fits into what I am interested in come up for sale I'll try to grab it.

My actual list of items I am specifically looking for is pretty short actually (straight barrel SIG M24, M27rv, early M28/30, and ski trooper M28 is about the extent of it Finnish wise), but the kinds of items I would be interested in acquiring is very extensive. I usually try to not have duplicates (mainly due to limited funds), but for rare items like Civil Guard Arisakas I certainly wouldn't turn one out of my collection.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I'm thinking a 1907 carbine at this point, looked at martins barrel shank and receiver pics, I want a (unaltered) 1907 carbine.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Josh Smith
ban is not due to his product
ban is not due to his product

Post by Josh Smith »

Hello,

I'd like another carbine. I had an M44 made in 1944, but this was before I knew how to make the chamber right, and it was bad about sticky bolt. An M38 carbine would be at that top of that list. My rifles all work to some extent – even the Gewehr 88/05 made in 1892 is only semi-retired! A carbine without a fixed bayonet would be light and handy. My 91/30 balances nicely, and I'm used to using a Kentucky-style Long Rifle, but sometimes I want something shorter.

A Finn M39 would be very nice to have, just so long as there are no crack-smoking prices involved. Ditto the M24 and M27.

Several more 91/30s.

ORIGINAL stripper clips. I mean the first ones, that looked like Mauser clips!

I'm sure there are a lot more. Just not thinking of them right now.

Regards,

Josh
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Josh Smith wrote:just so long as there are no crack-smoking prices involved
:lol: :lol: :lol: I am affraid that ship has sailed as they are way above crack smoking prices. :lol: It would be nice if the M27 and M228s were below that too. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)