Tula 1933 Serial Number 1

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tula 1933 Serial Number 1

Post by Rongo »

If it's mint, you can see pictures, is Prefix matching & not a refurb I would pony up $250 easy. But that' would mean I would need to see some good pictures first. But not $400... No way.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Celt

Post by Celt »

I've got an issued 91/30 that was held briefly by Stalin, I'll let it go for lets say 650. I'll take all the pictures you need.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You got a deal Celt :thumbsup: I will give you $6.50 and even pay for shipping. Send it over...no pictures neccessary. :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

desdem12 wrote:You got a deal Celt :thumbsup: I will give you $6.50 and even pay for shipping. Send it over...no pictures neccessary. :biggrin:
Shipping is $500 and you don't want to know what the handling charge is I'm guessing. :lol: :lol:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Celt

Post by Celt »

That little black dot is in the wrong place my friend, :D you throw in you're fuzzy slippers and I'll let you have it for six bills but i'm keeping Stalin's thumb print.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sounds like a steal at half the price then and i will be a meetin you at the door. :popgun: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

celt1314 wrote:I've got an issued 91/30 that was held briefly by Stalin, I'll let it go for lets say 650. I'll take all the pictures you need.
Stalin! Why not the devil himself! How would that be a selling point, the man was a monster :big shock:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

celt1314 wrote:I've got an issued 91/30 that was held briefly by Stalin, I'll let it go for lets say 650. I'll take all the pictures you need.

Funny guy! :lol:

My previous comment on "IF it were" an original, Non-refurb, prefix matching with 1 serial number 91/30 I would go to $250 on the price no problem. I stand by that. Tell me what that would be worth 10 years from now & show me the last one you saw for sale.
But I forgot! They have dozens down at the corner LGS... How silly of me! :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Mantis

Post by Mantis »

MO commands no premium as far as I know. Some auction site has RARE double stamp TULA MO 150 something. It has set for few years.
The guy is really proud of the rifle 125 is high. I have my gun shop call because he won't take a Mosin he can't make money. THe broke meth heads sell them for 50 bucks. He calls me then sends them here. heh heh and one time it's gonna be that M52 since JYD will not donate his to my cause.
Baptized by fire
My work must not be done
Cause I'm still here, baby
Only the good die young
(Jeff Williams)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, I think not, donate, that's funny, yea, OK, :chuckles: :chuckles:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

My haha was directed towards the 400 dollar price tag. I still wouldn't give more than 150 and that's only because there are no mosins of any flavor here. I have to pay shipping and transfer which brings the price up to 145.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Get a C&R license while you still can, that will save you the transfer fee. Or go to a gun show and there should be no fee of any kind usually. They didn't even look at my license or collectors license today. Of course though it turned out that i knew the guy from past business so it was all good. :D
Celt

Post by Celt »

I need the money for ammo right now,l am thinking about getting a c&r I just don't like the idea of the bound book and the feds.I really prefer face to face or barter when I can.nobodies business but my own. :D
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Well you could use it alot and then give it back and they would not have to see the book and it would save you some doh if you plan on buying a few. I got the 30 shmos back in about one deal. :thumbsup: Plus you get discounts alot of places. :D
mebailj

Post by mebailj »

When I ordered them about five years ago, a guy handled the orders. Was great! All were un-issued pre-1898 recievers, so they UPSed to the front door. They were 350-360 then. Two were 1970 so called "sneaks." Still have the website advertisements and photos and shipping papers. Those photos never did justice to the rifles. All mil surps will go up. Who knows, now with the records of the old "Union" going more public, maybe research will reveal that the OM prefix was some unit in Soviet government or the symbol for some ice cream salesman. I know it's going into the collection to sit and wait. I remember in 1968 I wanted a Luger. Local shops had them, from 70-90 dollars. I only had 40, so I bought a 9mm Astra 600/43. Traded it off after finishing college. Wish I had borrowed the extra money. I'd have that new looking Nazi Luger and holster.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That is an interesting story. I think i remeber you mentioning the Luger before. So the mosins that were the sneaks you refer to, those are M39s or something different. If they are M39 sneaks then the price has not gone up to bad yet, until recently that is :D I think you will come out fine in the end.