noob here with first 91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Mantis

Re: noob here with first 91/30

Post by Mantis »

During refurb it is possible that the 2 letters were not added, most of my rifles do not have them on the 'parts'. There is a list of the cartouches/stamps that they used and there is more unk than known it seems. I know the firing proofs, but I bet there is re barrel proofs, chamber, muzzle, and all sorts of them from unk inspectors. The Tula ex I have has 2 of the same marks on the side in the same place as my Izhevsk PU, but it has 1.
I think I am going to start taking pictures of them and ID the ones that are known and see if between the forums we can figure it out.
Baptized by fire
My work must not be done
Cause I'm still here, baby
Only the good die young
(Jeff Williams)
joekinsc

Post by joekinsc »

Woohoo! Passed the go/no-go headspace checks (thanks Okie). Will shoot it next weekend, can't wait!
joekinsc

Post by joekinsc »

Got to finally shoot it. Shot really well, pretty accurate and not nearly as much felt recoil as I was expecting. Thumbs up!!
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

I can't wait to get a t53 this summer and shoot it,I love recoil haha
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What's recoil? :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Its that thing that beats up us skinny guys that don't have any meat on our shoulders haha :D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ponycarman on Tue May 29, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

joekinsc wrote:Got to finally shoot it. Shot really well, pretty accurate and not nearly as much felt recoil as I was expecting. Thumbs up!!
Welcome! The buildup has started I see. I remember it all too well. Started with my buddy & fellow Forum member Entropy convincing me I needed to get me a Mosin. I figure "why not"? It's only $80... No big deal. It's kind of homely but it does start to grow on me. The next week I find myself buying a 91/30 . I'm making the purchase & I'm excited like a kid at Christmas & I don't really know why. A week later I buy another one & the next week I take all 3 out to the range for the first time & quickly realize I'm totally screwed. Haven't had this much fun in years! These old homely Ruskie guns are freakin' awesome!!! Still haven't recovered... And neither has my wallet, but I just don't care. :brolleyes:

Enjoy the disease know as Mosinitus. :pointleft:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't forget Turk Mauseritis Ron, being that you are so good at spreading it and all :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Don't forget Turk Mauseritis Ron, being that you are so good at spreading it and all :)
That's right... It was like a little plague as I recall. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"