Poll for the Forum: How may of us have a 1956 Made Type-53?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Hobe Sound Falcon

Re: Poll for the Forum: How may of us have a 1956 Made Type-

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

True.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

It's too bad Omega no longer sells those t-53's for what was it.... $35 back in the day???
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Hobe Sound Falcon

He still sell's some mostly in Poor Condition or for Parts.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

4045481 wrote:He still sell's some mostly in Poor Condition or for Parts.
And I'll bet he sells them for MORE than $35. ;)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Hobe Sound Falcon

I am not sure what he sell's them for Rongo, but I recall seeing them listed last time I was on the Site. He bought out an entire Lot, of old worn out Gun's, from the Chinese , or so he told me once, I am greatful to him for finding me mine, He had to really look hard to find a nice Condition 1956 made Type-53. The best one he fould was only 70% Bluing, and in Very Good Condition.
kingoliver

Post by kingoliver »

Yes, I have a 1956 Type 53. Also my birth year. I got it through Navy Arms about 12 years ago. Has a partial Made in China stamp. Over the years added cleaning rod, tool kit, ammo, stripper clips. Just fired it for the first time last weeked. What a cannon! Some cycling problems, the bolt not gripping the spent shell, then getting jammed up. Also the stripper clips I bought don't fit very well. The cleaning rod doesn't screw in to the stock. Mismatch or clogged screwhole, I don't know. Need to figure out how to adjust the sights.

By the way, your NVA poster is in Chinese and it says something about "American Imperalism and South Vietnam," (drive out?) but I don't have a Chinese dictionary at the office. Best wishes.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Thank's for the Info. King O. You are only about the 3 or 4th Person over the last 6 Years that had a 1956 made Gun. thank's for the Translation as well. Try Don Bell at Omega, again, he sells a host of Type-53 Part's and also the Compleate Bolt as well as the Cleaning Rod. Is yours all Matching? mine is stamped on the left side under the Sight on the side of the Barrel, Omega Arms. Do you have a Close Serial Number? rsvp! Paul
Hobe Sound Falcon

Go with the Polish Clips I got some they work great.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Welcome kingoliver,

Post some photos of your rifle. We love photos and almost any rifles! And make yourself at home! :toast:

Dolk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Welcome to the forum kingoliver, let's see some pictures of that T53. Be very careful of cleaning rods for the T-53, some sellers are selling M44 rods as them and they are very different.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
kingoliver

Post by kingoliver »

Thanks, gentlemen. My 1956 Type 53 carbine was also built in Factory 26, serial no. 4046251. How do you know the production month? It wouldn't surprise me if I ended up with an M1944 cleaning rod. I'll work on posting some pictures.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Welcome Kingoliver.

All this talk of t-53's makes me want to bring one of mine on the next range trip. 8-) 8-)

"Dang that entropy"
Hobe Sound Falcon

Omega Arm's will have the real Type-53 Rod! :arrow:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

4045481 wrote:Omega Arm's will have the real Type-53 Rod! :arrow:
That would be rare. Do you have a picture of one from them? Pictured here are the 2, as you can see they are definitely different. The top one is an M44 and the bottom is a T53.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Who ever asked about How I knew 1956 Made Type-53's were made in just January, and half of February, 0f 1956. There was once a post on gunboards.com called Type-53 Production Figures, 1953 to 1956. The first 3 Years ran over the 3 Million Mark, when they started the 1956 Gun's, which were the shortest run of all Type-53's, They started in the 4 Million Range. it ran only till about the 2nd or 3rd Week, of February, of 1956. Why I dont remember, but it had to do with Gearing up to retool and MFG. the Type-56 SKS and the Type-56 AK Rifle. as your's has a serial number in the 46 Range, must have been the last week. not sure how far you are behind me. I would guess the last week of MFG. Then I was born on 8 April, 1956. Paul
53-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Hey Long Colt, I contacted Omega Arms last Night. Don Bell is his name. I sent the Photos of the 2 Rod's you posted. Yes he has them, and I need to order one myself for my 1960 Gun. remember the Photo I posted of the Rack of them. He has the Rod's. Paul :!:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

4045481 wrote:Hey Long Colt, I contacted Omega Arms last Night. Don Bell is his name. I sent the Photos of the 2 Rod's you posted. Yes he has them, and I need to order one myself for my 1960 Gun. remember the Photo I posted of the Rack of them. He has the Rod's. Paul :!:
Cool, he won't have them long. I know of at least 6 or 8 needed right here on this forum.
Hobe Sound Falcon

This is it after I got it all back together in 2005.
Hobe Sound Falcon

1956 also the last Year of the flat Arsenal Stamp. the Final Year of 1960, had it in the famous Triangle we all know by now. Paul