First SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
CAVSGT78

Re: First SKS

Post by CAVSGT78 »

Rowdy1 wrote:Expecting my first SKS. It's a Yugo model. Besides a good cleaning especially the bolt, firing pin, etc. is this slam fire as big a problem or just having a clean gun good enough? Reading about spring kit but is it necessary?
You won’t be sorry you purchased a Yugo. I love mine. It’s my favorite shooter after my M44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I don't have a spring kit in either of my Yugo's, never had a slam fire either.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
3kings

Post by 3kings »

Never had problem with mine. I have 2 Chinese and Yugo version.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

No springs in any of mine , two of them Yugo. . No slam fires.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
silverado1999

Post by silverado1999 »

My younger brother had an SKS, I think it was Chinese, that fired like a fully auto the first time out. It worried him since he had no FL, so he sold it right away. He told me later, after checking with the buyer, that the buyer said it fired semi-auto just fine after it was cleaned properly.
I have had a Type 56 for years and clean it regularly, and it has never slam fired at all.
Curious enough to take it apart;
Skilled enough to put it back together;
Clever enough to hide the extra parts!