Lost in a sea of ARs

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Lost in a sea of ARs

Post by Darryl »

I don't usually notice the guys next to me much. Those AR's are kind of quite compared to my Mosins. :bwink: Only time that was different was I sat next to a guy with a 50 cal Barrett. I had to get up and move because the pressure wave along side of it was so bad, I was getting a headache. :lol:

We did exchange a couple rounds of each others rifles. I had my PU sniper rifle and he was excited to fire it. I got the better deal, as those 50's cost a bit for each round. :thumbsup: And franly, I was supprised at how little recoil they have.

D
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I have Mosin's, but also build AR's. I carried an M16 for 15 years, building one or more of my own and being able to get it like I wanted it was a great thing for me instead of just taking what was issued. Every part that is on mine is on there for a purpose, not just because it was in some movie or video game. The only "Plastic" on mine is the pistol grip and the adjustable stock, the rest is steel and aluminum.

You all are more than likely running into guys who shoot factory ammo and don't understand the ballistics of the light 55gr bullets that you'll get at Walmart and most stores, if you had quartering winds, given the 3"-4" grouping at that distance it doesn't take much to miss.

Get an old boy out there that handloads and knows what he's doing, he'll quit from getting bored ringing that gong over and over and over....
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

I love my AR, but I will not target shoot with it.
I do for practice, obviously, but for a head-to-head with my elders?

Nope. Not a chance. I'll take the K31 or any other "large caliber" rifle to the range.
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.